I happen to love the new dungeon rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

The dungeon rewards rework just rewards my playstyle (that of trying to enjoy all dungeons and all parts of the game) so much more than the old one did. Instead of having to farm CoF1 or some other profitable path to make a sufficient profit, I can run any combination of paths that I want and feel rewarded for it. 1g 26s is a pretty impressive sum for simply doing one dungeon path one time, and there is plenty of time before each daily reset for any player (casual or hardcore) to run whichever path(s) they wish and then play any other content that strikes their fancy.

It’s just such a simple system that seems to work almost perfectly with the developer’s original concept for the game – “play it your way.”

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I’m not sure if you’re serious or a troll but I’m going to side with the latter. 7/10 attempt. I got moderately upset.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’m not sure if you’re serious or a troll but I’m going to side with the latter. 7/10 attempt. I got moderately upset.

On what grounds? I’ve said nothing that would provide evidence of trolling. I simply have a viewpoint that (I’m guessing) you disagree with.

And why shouldn’t I enjoy the rework to rewards? They encourage players to enjoy all content, rather than spam one easy, boring, and over-rewarding path of one dungeon.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Uhm what?

The new rewards are awesome for people that don’t want to farm. That is what OP is saying and you call him a troll? Why?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree…for people who don’t farm, the new rewards are awesome. I make far more from dungeons now than I used to.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

I also agree totally. I get a lot more money from doing what I was always doing, but now I find groups way easier. Even though the rewards have to be adjusted a little bit (I mean, 1g for CoF P3, seriously?) I enjoy this change very much. Also the Champion Rewards led to a new behavior of not just skipping every Monster. Whenever there’s a group with a champion, my groups normally kill them.

Kohler and the Troll in the Ascalonian Catacombs for example, People are encouraged now to not just run past them

Posted by: monkeydluffy.7896

monkeydluffy.7896

honestly you do arah with a pug group takes 1-3 hours and get 3g at the end? yeah i totally like that reward..I’ve already done it but wtf seriously not everyone can do the hard dungeons…Theres a reason why people did COF1 it gave good rewards and good money.

Duke Blackrose.4981

honestly you do arah with a pug group takes 1-3 hours and get 3g at the end? yeah i totally like that reward..I’ve already done it but wtf seriously not everyone can do the hard dungeons…Theres a reason why people did COF1 it gave good rewards and good money.

And you know how much that dungeon used to reward? 26 silver.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But it’s 3 gold plus what you get off champions, which adds up too. Which is much higher than the original rewards.