I hate account wallets

I hate account wallets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: brokenrabbit.6538

brokenrabbit.6538

I like to keep my characters completely separated, with their own funds and everything. I don’t have a problem with the bank being account-wide, but why can’t my individual characters have their own personal wallets?

I’ve been playing since launch and I only have 1 toon because by the time I got around to wanting to make another they had already changed the wallet. Now I don’t want to make another toon because I don’t feel like manually figuring up whose coin is whose.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This particular boat sailed off a long time ago and isn’t ever coming back to the harbor. They aren’t going to reverse it. You can either use your guild banks as your personal character’s banks or come to terms with it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I love account wallets <3

And i have dozen toons and it was just a great change

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

This particular boat sailed off a long time ago and isn’t ever coming back to the harbor. They aren’t going to reverse it. You can either use your guild banks as your personal character’s banks or come to terms with it.

The only caution I would give on guild banks is if you’re the only member in it and you accidentally leave the guild, there’s nothing that can be done.

And if your account gets hacked and they raid the guild bank, then the items in the guild bank wouldn’t be restored.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

You are an INCREDIBLY small minority, and there is a 0% chance they will change anything about the wallet to cater towards you.

Anet make Rev great again.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

So…. you hate convenience? Am I understanding this right? You’d make another character if your finances were made more contrived and needlessly complicated?

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The only caution I would give on guild banks is if you’re the only member in it and you accidentally leave the guild, there’s nothing that can be done.

And if your account gets hacked and they raid the guild bank, then the items in the guild bank wouldn’t be restored.

I wonder if a person can make a f2p account and make it co-leader with inviting and promotion privileges? If so, then that would resolve that problem.

(The second part should be handled by having the SMS set up)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Weirdest complain I’ve seen in this forums, so far.
But, since now the game have “play for free”, you can make as many accounts as you want, and they will keep everything separated.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I wonder if a person can make a f2p account and make it co-leader with inviting and promotion privileges? If so, then that would resolve that problem.

(The second part should be handled by having the SMS set up)

edit: sorry i should first read^^

yes you can make your f2p to co leader. ive tried it and it work fine. only guild bank deposit is still locked

(edited by Zaron.1987)

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

So…. you hate convenience? Am I understanding this right? You’d make another character if your finances were made more contrived and needlessly complicated?

If you don’t need a spreadsheet to keep track of how much gold you have, the game just isn’t fun.

Anet make Rev great again.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve been playing since launch and I only have 1 toon because by the time I got around to wanting to make another they had already changed the wallet. Now I don’t want to make another toon because I don’t feel like manually figuring up whose coin is whose.

I’m sorry that your desire to keep stuff separate coupled with your unwillingness to do anything about it have caused you an upset. As Flesh says, this ship has sailed. Also, you’re fighting an uphill battle against all the people who want the convenience the wallet offers. It’s your time to waste, but you are wasting it.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

When this first came into play for me. . . I didn’t notice. I was rather impressed by how much money I had on 1 character I didn’t care about… So! I spent it all on dyes.

Got on my other character that I was ready to gear up. “Oh”.

XD

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Snarftastic.6709

Snarftastic.6709

It’s true, people will complain about anything now… Including overwhelmingly positive changes.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I like Wallets, they keep my inventory … un-cluttered.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like having things segregated by character but with as many different account bound currencies, tokens, etc as exist in this game the wallet is essentially necessary IMO.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Have you tried simply loving them instead? It’ll make you feel better.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

make free to play acc for alt.

Now you have your separated account wallets.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Okamiba.7605

Okamiba.7605

make free to play acc for alt.

Now you have your separated account wallets.

This. Account wallets are extremely convenient, if you don’t like it, f2p accounts are an option now.

I hate account wallets

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I hate the account wallet. I actually really dislike a lot of these convenience things, and anything in general that had done anything to items. I like(d) items. And I liked to dive around in my items like a porpoise! And burrow through them like a gopher! And toss them up and let them hit me on the head!
Or, something like shuffling them around rearranging and admiring them.

I never have done any dungeons or gotten any of the other similar currencies, but it would really endlessly bother me that I couldn’t delete the extra currencies I don’t want around. This particular portion of the hatred is inherited from another game which did similar thing.

let the sky fall