I hate destroying items!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RexxarTheHunter.3926

RexxarTheHunter.3926

Dear ANet,
I love getting/buying/looting items as much as the other guy,
But if I’m buying/getting an item for a collection, and then I can’t even sell
It to a merchant or salvage it, the only way to clear my inventory
Is to drag and destroy the item… AND THEN TYPE IT’S FULL NAME.
This sucks and is very annoying.
Stop making me destroy items!
Doing collections and leveling chars (which gives un-tradable and unsalvagable items)
has become quite a clean up chore!
Make those items consumable with no effect.
Make them sellable to merchants with a low profit price.
Doesn’t matter, I just don’t want to destroy items all the time!
Examples:
All the items for the collections of the order back pieces.
The warbler from the story.

It’s a small QoL fix which I’m sure will help many players

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!! ( 15 ! )

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

you could also put these items in the forge and maybe get something worth something for noting . and then salvage it or even sell it

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yes I hate that as well !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

Getting rid of an unwanted Hall of Monuments Portal Stone (or whatever the full name of those blue horrors is) is beyond fatuous in what you have to do.

I hate systems like this that cause me annoyance like this simply to protect the stupid from themselves.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

you could also put these items in the forge and maybe get something worth something for noting . and then salvage it or even sell it

Some of the items like the Auric Shapening stones have no vendor value, cannot be salvaged, cannot be forged and can only be deleted by typing out the entire name. They don’t even stack so you have 8 different Auric Sharpening stones you have to manually type out and delete the name for every single one of them.

ham.8209

Some of the items like the Auric Shapening stones have no vendor value, cannot be salvaged, cannot be forged and can only be deleted by typing out the entire name. They don’t even stack so you have 8 different Auric Sharpening stones you have to manually type out and delete the name for every single one of them.

far as the sharping stones goes you can always use them for a new toon . or maybe even give them away to some one . but other wise the items i buy with my karma . them you can not sell them or any thing but you can put them in the forge and then you got something worth something for noting. but ya like i said for the stones just use them for a new toon or give them away . i do that a lot with food trays as well too i have no use for . i just set them out in high traffic areas

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

They should just let us salvage everything. Even if the result of salvaging was worth less than the cost of the salvage charge I’d still be happier than just destroying it.

Or have a charity box we could put stuff in that would earn points towards a “Philanthropist” title.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Copy and paste is your friend for the Auric stones

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

far as the sharping stones goes you can always use them for a new toon . or maybe even give them away to some one . but other wise the items i buy with my karma . them you can not sell them or any thing but you can put them in the forge and then you got something worth something for noting. but ya like i said for the stones just use them for a new toon or give them away . i do that a lot with food trays as well too i have no use for . i just set them out in high traffic areas

They’re not a consumable otherwise I’d use them rather than look at them sitting there doing nothing. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Auric_Sharpening_Stone

:P

ham.8209

now i see what type they are and are for yeah when its like that all you can do is trash them .

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree, if the item only has a value as part of a collection, it should state so and able to be vendored. However, that’s a tiny fraction of the items that have a delete warning. There are plenty of other items that sometimes ought to be protected.

FYI here’s an easy way to “type” the item’s name:

• shift-click the item, so that it appears in your chat field
  • copy it
  • start the delete process
  • paste into the verification field
  • remove the square brackets (i.e. ‘[’ and ‘]’ )
  • press [enter] or click on the confirm button

(takes me longer to type out the instructions than to make use of them)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thanks for the copy/paste tip. I didn’t realize that would work.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I put all the items onto my key farmer and deleted the character. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

• copy it

If you now would tell me how to copy text from chat. I never figured out that and how this works.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

• copy it

If you now would tell me how to copy text from chat. I never figured out that and how this works.

Ctrl + C after dragging mouse over the text to highlight it.
Ctrl + P to paste it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Ctrl + P is Print, Ctrl + V is paste.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I agree, if the item only has a value as part of a collection, it should state so and able to be vendored. However, that’s a tiny fraction of the items that have a delete warning. There are plenty of other items that sometimes ought to be protected.

FYI here’s an easy way to “type” the item’s name:

• copy it
  • start the delete process
  • paste into the verification field
  • remove the square brackets (i.e. ‘[’ and ‘]’ )
  • press [enter] or click on the confirm button

(takes me longer to type out the instructions than to make use of them)

Even easier when you have a bunch of the same thing, darn those Auric Sharpening Stones: Type it once in the deletion field. Highlight it, ctrl-c. Delete the item. Then delete each one in turn with a ctrl-v in the deletion text field. No need to strip off brackets.

The Auric Sharpening Stones should still be easier to delete than that. The moment you get them in your inventory you’re done with the physical item. True it could bug out and not go in your collection, but we shouldn’t have gross inconvenience for things working as intended in the name of avoiding a vaguely possible bug.

Posted by: HouseByir.3910

HouseByir.3910

Just to reiterate the point of the OP: I also hate destroying stuff! All these bits and pieces we are accruing for these new collections is clogging up inventories – and the warning before deletion is completely superfluous, because once you’ve got the item you don’t need it. Its probably a headache to remove the “are you sure” warning from certain items, so why not scale their rarity down to Green instead?

Or (as suggested earlier in this thread) make these items saleable for a negligible sum: 5s-10s for example. In terms of coding it would be quite a small change to two of the items’ lookup values.

Making them salvageable could work too; auric slivers from the sharpening stones, airship oil from the maintenance oils etc. This might be more of a fuss for code-changes.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s also annoying because I when they make me type it out to delete I think it’s something I should not be deleting. So then I double check myself and run a search to make sure it is indeed junk I need to trash. I would be happy with having them just change it so that junk items for collections can be trashed without typing it out.

Maybe it’s just me but: having to type out the item to delete = item is important and should not get rid of it without careful consideration.