I hate the guesting for event, but now forced

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wolfwing.5917

wolfwing.5917

Q:

What the heck….never had trouble with overflow, and then suddenly they are ever where today, forced to guest to over servers just to do my dragons becuase my own is full.

I love this game but it’s getting out of hand.

Maybe one best solution, make events across all overflows the same, rather then random….oy.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

The best is being put into overflow 30 minutes before the spawn window. That’s always fun.

wolfwing.5917

Yeah…I got bounced around to like 30 different over flows doing fort aspen claw…

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Forced? Perhaps you need to look up the definition on that word, just saying.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

wolfwing.5917

Forced? Perhaps you need to look up the definition on that word, just saying.

No it’s perfectly valid in the context of, “I’m force to do this if I want to get anything done period.”

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

My server has overflow up for 3 different events in 3 different zones, one as far as 30 minutes away. It’s getting ridiculous.

Guesting is going to have to be severely restricted on how often you can do it.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Although i dont really think one is "forced " to guest another server ( seems like an excuse to screw someone else ) I do agree that overflows should be on the same clock as the main server so if you get put in one you dont miss said event . How doable said solution is however i have no idea

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

what is the question?

wolfwing.5917

none, I posted it and it chose question…I gues there is some option that defaults to a post being a question.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Yup I have started guesting now as well, two nights in a row of overflows and no events I got tired of it. I have to leave my server to do events.

wolfwing.5917

Although i dont really think one is "forced " to guest another server ( seems like an excuse to screw someone else ) I do agree that overflows should be on the same clock as the main server so if you get put in one you dont miss said event . How doable said solution is however i have no idea

Frankly I agree :> I’ve been quiet happy to not guest till now, even if it takes me 6-8 hours to do dragons, but if I can’t even do the dragons on my home serer due to overflow, starts to get annoying more then the lag was.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Not possible. I posted that very same topic and it was not possible as the overflow server hosts people who overflow from various servers. No way to be on the same timer.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It would be impossible to put overflows on the same clock as the ‘main server’ as overflows are made up of people from many servers…one overflow server is created to hold the overflow of any and all servers, until it fills up, then another is created.

Much like the districts in GW(1).

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I think they lowered the amount of people that can be in one instance, so it’s knocking more people to overflow. I have noticed a great improvement in performance and much less lag, but the cost is this new constant overflow problem. Now you need to head to events like an hour early to not get overflow. Why not just stop guests from getting chests on anything but their own home world.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

It would be impossible to put overflows on the same clock as the ‘main server’ as overflows are made up of people from many servers…one overflow server is created to hold the overflow of any and all servers, until it fills up, then another is created.

Much like the districts in GW(1).

This is somewhat disappointing to me but oh well. At least in GW1 you could generally go to any district you wanted if you knew something was happening there.

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

I gotta say, I never really saw huge issue with the dragon/chest events prior to update. A little bump in drop rates would have been more than a welcome change. But I gotta say, this is getting a bit ridiculous.

For 3 separate PVE Chest events that were to occur over the last 1.5 – 2 hours, I have been thrown into an Overflow map every time. I have not been released from overflow till each event was done. As I type this very message, I am sitting in an overflow, instead of hanging out in my home server, YB

If lag is something in question, then this is the best thing I can say about how it is affecting me (and I assume other players) is that we can play through the lag and still get some reward for our time… The way it currently stands, I get absolutely no reward from sitting in an Overflow. I would rather play through the lag…

This is an issue that is severely affecting the enjoyment I had playing the game, prior to the recent update. I use to not have a worry about enjoying my time as I was given the chances fro m the server; now it really bothers me that I am going to have to worry about whether or not I can even take part in the content I want to explore.

This is is an issue that should warrant heavy attention from the developers.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

Posted by: Nsain.7531

Nsain.7531

I gotta say, I never really saw huge issue with the dragon/chest events prior to update. A little bump in drop rates would have been more than a welcome change. But I gotta say, this is getting a bit ridiculous.

For 3 separate PVE Chest events that were to occur over the last 1.5 – 2 hours, I have been thrown into an Overflow map every time. I have not been released from overflow till each event was done. As I type this very message, I am sitting in an overflow, instead of hanging out in my home server, YB

If lag is something in question, then this is the best thing I can say about how it is affecting me (and I assume other players) is that we can play through the lag and still get some reward for our time… The way it currently stands, I get absolutely no reward from sitting in an Overflow. I would rather play through the lag…

This is an issue that is severely affecting the enjoyment I had playing the game, prior to the recent update. I use to not have a worry about enjoying my time as I was given the chances fro m the server; now it really bothers me that I am going to have to worry about whether or not I can even take part in the content I want to explore.

This is is an issue that should warrant heavy attention from the developers.

^ This. This is absolutely absurd that I cannot play on my server that I selected at early access. The lag wasn’t great, of course, but now being forced into an overflow for EVERY chest event zone is completely ridiculous. If you aren’t planning on spending 2+ hours waiting on a mob to spawn in a single zone guess you are SoL. Whoever decided on this fix just shows another split decision to try to fix a problem that should have been evaluated much longer than a week.

Not to mention the ninja patch that goes in without anything specific said about it. Oh hey guys, go kitten yourselves for trying to play on the server you selected because we implemented guesting! Great work, another thumbs up.

wolfwing.5917

well they can make overflow servers the same timer, by having a universal timer like.

12pm is claw
1pm is shaterer
2pm is teq

and so on, all on the same timer, across all servers. Alot of why people are guesting is, if your main server has 2 hours untill next dragon, go to a server where yuo can get all 3 dragons in next hour.

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

well they can make overflow servers the same timer, by having a universal timer like.

12pm is claw
1pm is shaterer
2pm is teq

and so on, all on the same timer, across all servers. Alot of why people are guesting is, if your main server has 2 hours until next dragon, go to a server where you can get all 3 dragons in next hour.

Though it may not seem like it is true, from my understanding the overflow’s have there own boss timers. I have not personally seen this, but it stands to make since if the servers are running in the same fashion as home servers. But here in lies why it would be incredibly difficult to monitor it. There are multiple overflow servers, so the community accepted way of 3rd party timer sites would be virtually impossible to implement without a naming of the overflow server you go into.

At the end of that, I would not look to make concessions in overflow; the problem lies on the home servers. I can not guarantee my guildies and friends will be in the same overflow for the content I want to explore with them.

Also, this is not an issue just affecting higher level zones, lower zones are being hit with this also. I attempted to go to a lower level event and was tossed into overflow. This can be incredibly confusing and frustrating to a new player of the GW universe who got a friend to convince them to check out the game. Now the new player may be getting the impression that “I can not go join my buddy in the map cause of overflow, what’s that???” And you can’t make the statement “Just wait and eventually you will be moved” because that wait is by far not a short wait during the event times. People are getting in the zone and staying till event done, which means a possibility of 30 + minutes of wait in an overflow.

I urge again to the developers to seriously look at this. This issue is not about a single player getting a drop from a chest; this issue affects players as early as first time logins to seasoned players, from casual to extreme, all style of player is being affected in different ways.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the problems with guesting and overflows and the team is also aware of this. We have forwarded them several threads – which you might join and provide us with info as well – so they can analyze.

In the interest of keeping the forums organised and having all discussion focused in one single thread we are going to close this one.
Thanks for your understanding. Hope we can give you news soon.