please delete

please delete

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I would love to see some recipes that use bloodstone dust and maybe dragonite and empyreal fragments too—I have tons of each. I think it would be especially ice to have some consumables made with bloodstone that target Mordrem and are salable.

For example, a potent potion of Mordrem slaying, and maybe food that increases floght endurance or is especially helpful in the HoT map in some other way.

please delete

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I have a question or rather would like to know your view on how you prioritize reward in relation to the economy.

Do you prioritize the economy over all reward systems?
likewise do you attempt to tie the economy into new systems? Are some of the ideas you stop each week independent reward systems?

As an example of an independent reward system:
For festivals, having them use a unique token, give no gold and require no gold and have nothing trade-able would be a solid reward system for the individual being entirely based on their personal skill and time. Do you oppose this sort of design because it operates independently from the existing economy?

I would enforce Skill > Time > TP as the gate for access to items and a players overall purchasing power (as in verity of items accessible). Yet the game uses the opposite TP > Time > Skill , the greatest verity of items are purely gold purchasable and trade able was this a design decision or did it just end up that way in release?

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

please delete

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I would be less concerned with the global economic ramifications than the fact that adding a vendor value isn’t an elegant solution, you should get something for that material that isn’t 2c, because 2c never feels good and just adds to the money supply.

edit: double post for forum formatting

That’s pretty easy right? Make more uses for bricks that aren’t gated by things like t6 mats and/or t7mats. It acts as a gold sink via thermocatalytic reagents, a karma sink via obby shards and gets rid of dust. Take a look at what we currently have, evaluate why they don’t work as brick sinks, and create something that doesn’t fall to the same shortcomings.

Serenity now~Insanity later

please delete

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I would be less concerned with the global economic ramifications than the fact that adding a vendor value isn’t an elegant solution, you should get something for that material that isn’t 2c, because 2c never feels good and just adds to the money supply.

That’s pretty easy right? Make more uses for bricks that aren’t gated by things like t6 mats and/or t7mats. It acts as a gold sink via thermocatalytic reagents, a karma sink via obby shards and gets rid of dust. Take a look at what we currently have, evaluate why they don’t work as brick sinks, and create something that doesn’t fall to the same shortcomings.

problem is coming up with something people want, but are not expected to get, that enough people would buy into to remove tons of materials.

please delete

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Enough with Bloodstone Dust, we at least have a decent sink for that now, what we’re still missing is a proper Dragonite sink, I probably have 3-4 dozen slots filled with the stuff already.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

please delete

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Right-click destroy is an acceptable alternate sink IMO. More people should use it.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

please delete

Posted by: Cloudz.6890

Cloudz.6890

Have you had any moments where you look at the market reaction to something you consulted with and said to yourself “I done kittened up”?

Bloodstone dust. Nothing like checking numbers after a meeting to see how much something has increase and there’s 10 more digits than you were expecting.

10 more digits!? Holy Clam Sauce Batman!!!!!
Thats quite a bit.

Other than Mawdrey, have you considered another Bloodstone dust sink? Maybe some new recipes or something?

Also what about the global economy ramifications of making Bloodstone Dust, and other ascended crafting mats vendorable?

I would be less concerned with the global economic ramifications than the fact that adding a vendor value isn’t an elegant solution, you should get something for that material that isn’t 2c, because 2c never feels good and just adds to the money supply

So what do you guys consider Mawdrey? If the case is that you don’t consider it a vendor wouldn’t a simple solution be to just increase(or do away with) the cap of dust you can feed it?

Or you could…you know…let Jeweler get in on the Bloodstone Dust market

please delete

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Have you had any moments where you look at the market reaction to something you consulted with and said to yourself “I done kittened up”?

Bloodstone dust. Nothing like checking numbers after a meeting to see how much something has increase and there’s 10 more digits than you were expecting.

Thats quite a bit.

Other than Mawdrey, have you considered another Bloodstone dust sink? Maybe some new recipes or something?

Also what about the global economy ramifications of making Bloodstone Dust, and other ascended crafting mats vendorable?

Allow us to use Bloodstone Bricks for in game housing!
Or even to buy upgrades for the Guild Halls…

please delete

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Thats quite a bit.

Thats not a terrible idea. Be able to use Bloodstone bricks, Empyreal stars, and Dragonite ignots for building and upgrading guild halls. I could live with that.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

please delete

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Thats not a terrible idea. Be able to use Bloodstone bricks, Empyreal stars, and Dragonite ignots for building and upgrading guild halls. I could live with that.[/quote]

And next thing you know a horde of skritt just ran off with your house. FOR THE SHINY!

please delete

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

And next thing you know a horde of skritt just ran off with your house. FOR THE SHINY!

Wouldn’t even be mad….

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

please delete

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Does this quote apply to all items which can’t be salvaged but still forged?

First I wanted to say it’s great you’ve talked to the community so often and in such a straightforward fashion.

I don’t know if my question has been asked before, the posts have become quite long and if someone has an answer that would be great.

After the transition to the new wardrobe, Several items have become a burdern to player inventories such as armors bought with karma and even armor bought with gold. Does it seem detrimental if these items could be salvaged?

1) Gold cost of buying cultural armor and even armor skins from each order doesn’t seem like it would offset the possible ‘ecto’ gain of salvaging. Would this be likely to happen in the near future?

2) If karma armor could be salvaged only to remove upgrades added to the armor (and possibly not runes that came with such an armor) be possible in the future? Or is it mainly the fear of possible unknown exploits that’s keeping this from being implemented?

Large game systems often require consistency, like following coding standards when programming. It’s a giant collaborative process and consistency protects us and the players.

Can these items be categorized as personal rewards when telling people which can’t be salvaged?

I’ve read a few messages in guild & map chat from new players asking why salvaging doesn’t work with select items. It doesn’t feel good to throw those away, which is the only alternative to travel to the mystic forge and I wish this wasn’t the case as they are one time rewards only, opposed to items bought with karma.

please delete

pdavis.8031

Heirloom seed pouches/bandit chest bags in silverwastes: Do they have the same drop rate of exotics and precursors as other champ bags? Or have they been adjusted due to the large volume of them?

(In two runs doing the events and hidden depths I got about 45 of things)

recognize my command!”

please delete

Posted by: uoaou.5601

uoaou.5601

Hi John Smith.

Q. What do enjoy best about your job?

Thank you answering our questions.

please delete

Posted by: uoaou.5601

uoaou.5601

Hi John Smith,

Q. Do you actively play GW2 (are you allowed to, have you ever)?

please delete

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Q: Was it an economy-based decision to not to reveal the locked dye UI update before the actual patch?

20 level 80s and counting.

please delete

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Was the “I am Evon Gnashblade” TP Mode disabled with the last patch or is it just bugged for me atm?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

please delete

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Q: Was it an economy-based decision to not to reveal the locked dye UI update before the actual patch?

Not directly, but I have requested that we not prelease economy/market affecting data anymore and instead let it be discovered in patch and gameplay.

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Hi John Smith,

Q. Do you actively play GW2 (are you allowed to, have you ever)?

I do actively play, I have 3 80’s, I’m usually on Roche de L’Augure, but my forum account and play account are different accounts. The way that I play is generally different from a non-dev though if I’m interacting with the economy, and the same as a non-dev when I’m attempting genocide on centaurs.

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Hi John Smith.

My favorite part is watching content that I helped balance go live and watch to see if it matches my predictions and math.

please delete

Wanze.8410

Hi John Smith.

My favorite part is watching content that I helped balance go live and watch to see if it matches my predictions and math.

Any tidbits you can tell us about the lucky envelopes?
Was it designed as gold sink or faucet?
And how close were your predictions?

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Hi John Smith.

Envelopes are not a gold sink. Our predictions were dead on, but I have to give credit to Josh Diaz for being awesome with those.

please delete

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How much gold has Evon Gnashblade taken from players for using his services since launch?

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

How much gold has Evon Gnashblade taken from players for using his services since launch?

Attachments:

please delete

Wanze.8410

Hi John Smith.

Envelopes are not a gold sink. Our predictions were dead on, but I have to give credit to Josh Diaz for being awesome with those.

So I guess you put a limited gold faucet in because gold was getting scarce, huh?

please delete

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Not directly, but I have requested that we not prelease economy/market affecting data anymore and instead let it be discovered in patch and gameplay.

That’s really nice! The insider info talks and the early speculation from people who were lucky to be subscribed to certain youtubers (and not even official GW2 announcements) felt kind of disheartening. I was thinking of making a thread about it before the next patch – glad it already got addressed.

20 level 80s and counting.

please delete

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

Q: Which ended up have a greater effect on leather consumption – the spinal blades during Scarlet’s invasion or the Mawdrey chain? Did either have a bigger effect on leather than you anticipated?

please delete

Wanze.8410

Q: Which ended up have a greater effect on leather consumption – the spinal blades during Scarlet’s invasion or the Mawdrey chain? Did either have a bigger effect on leather than you anticipated?

It was Spinal Blades by a margin, leather prices basically quadrupled in February. Mawdrey didnt use much leather to begin with and only t5 leather.

As you could choose, which ascended mat you use for the gift of blades, it was cheaper to level a leatherworker from 0-500 and craft 15 elonian leather than having a tailor at 500 already and crafting 15 bolts of damask. That put additional demand on t1-6 leather for leveling, apart from the leather you needed for the elonian squares.

please delete

Wanze.8410

Q: Was there ever a demographic impact that you underestimated after the economy settled down a couple of months after release?

For example, Gaile said that the HoT announcement brought back alot of old players to the game and alot of new players bought the game for 75% off. I would imagine that if a bulk of players levels and reaches endgame at the same time, it puts out alot of demand for certain items at the same time.

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Q: Was there ever a demographic impact that you underestimated after the economy settled down a couple of months after release?

For example, Gaile said that the HoT announcement brought back alot of old players to the game and alot of new players bought the game for 75% off. I would imagine that if a bulk of players levels and reaches endgame at the same time, it puts out alot of demand for certain items at the same time.

Not too much, one of the reasons many markets remain stable is because they are designed to resist major swings with population changes.

please delete

Posted by: SirPookins.9851

SirPookins.9851

Has anyone noticed the silverwastes/vinewrath event severely impacting the economy right now? Rewards for it seem to be greater than any other event or dungeon in pve at the moment. I cant think of any of factor that would be effecting prices this much, please balance this event!

please delete

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Has anyone noticed the silverwastes/vinewrath event severely impacting the economy right now? Rewards for it seem to be greater than any other event or dungeon in pve at the moment. I cant think of any of factor that would be effecting prices this much, please balance this event!

The Silverwastes and its notorious “chest farm” have affected a lot of prices on the Trading Post, with Globs of Ectoplasm probably being the most noticeable for many players.

Just before The Silverwastes map was introduced, Ectos were selling for over 46 silver each, and the Demand for Ectos was more than 7 times the Supply! Looking at GW2TP.com today, it seems that the Sell price for Ectos is down to around 30 silver a drop of nearly 35%, and for the first time in recent memory, the Supply of Ectos actually EXCEEDS the Demand! So the market on Ectos has been completely turned upside-down by The Sivlerwastes’ chest farm, or at least the timing of this massive change in the market certainly lines up with its release well.

There are other items that clearly seem to have been affected by The Silverwastes, such as Silk Scraps (which is being vehemently argued about in another thread right now), which has been turned upside-down in a similar way, but unlike Ectos, the market on Silk Scraps has already begun to recover.

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

(edited by Otokomae.9356)

please delete

Ayrilana.1396

The Silverwastes and its notorious “chest farm” have affected a lot of prices on the Trading Post, with Globs of Ectoplasm probably being the most noticeable for many players.

Just before The Silverwastes map was introduced, Ectos were selling for over 46 silver each, and the Demand for Ectos was more than 7 times the Supply! Looking at GW2TP.com today, it seems that the Sell price for Ectos is down to around 30 silver a drop of nearly 35%, and for the first time in recent memory, the Supply of Ectos actually EXCEEDS the Demand! So the market on Ectos has been completely turned upside-down by The Sivlerwastes’ chest farm, or at least the timing of this massive change in the market certainly lines up with its release well.

There are other items that clearly seem to have been affected by The Silverwastes, such as Silk Scraps (which is being vehemently argued about in another thread right now), which has been turned upside-down in a similar way, but unlike Ectos, the market on Silk Scraps has already begun to recover.

You get more rares from the labyrinth keys and rare bags upon breach and VW successes than you do from the chest farm.

Silk dropped significantly because of Wintersday.

please delete

Otokomae.9356

You get more rares from the labyrinth keys and rare bags upon breach and VW successes than you do from the chest farm.

It really only takes a few seconds to look at GW2TP or GW2Spidey before posting something like this on the forums. Anyway, I’ll make it as easy as I can for you; click here: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19748-silk-scrap

You’ll see that the massive swing in silk scrap supply happened in November, during the same week that Echoes of the Past (and the Silverwastes map) was released. Wintersday started on Decemeber 16 last year, I believe, and it certainly exaggerated the changes in supply and price of silk scraps, but the market has already recovered from Wintersday entirely (current prices are almost exactly what they were the day before Wintersday released), but we are still nowhere near the prices on Silk that we saw before the Silverwastes map’s release.

please delete

Ayrilana.1396

It really only takes a few seconds to look at GW2TP or GW2Spidey before posting something like this on the forums. Anyway, I’ll make it as easy as I can for you; click here: https://www.gw2tp.com/item/19748-silk-scrap

You’ll see that the massive swing in silk scrap supply happened in November, during the same week that Echoes of the Past (and the Silverwastes map) was released. Wintersday started on Decemeber 16 last year, I believe, and it certainly exaggerated the changes in supply and price of silk scraps, but the market has already recovered from Wintersday entirely (current prices are almost exactly what they were the day before Wintersday released), but we are still nowhere near the prices on Silk that we saw before the Silverwastes map’s release.

Silk shot up in September because of the collection. I crafted ascended leather even though I hadn’t planned on using medium armor classes at the time. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who did something similar to this. The price was starting to fall before SW was released. Also note how supply had an upward curve well before SW?

That massive drop you saw was because of the bugged chests which brought on a large influx of materials, silk included. This was fixed on the 10th and you’ll see that prices rose back up again while remaining relatively stable until Wintersday.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

please delete

Otokomae.9356

Silk shot up in September because of the collection. I crafted ascended leather even though I hadn’t planned on using medium armor classes at the time. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who did something similar to this. The price was starting to fall before SW was released. Also note how supply had an upward curve well before SW?

That massive drop you saw was because of the bugged chests which brought on a large influx of materials, silk included. This was fixed on the 10th and you’ll see that prices rose back up again while remaining relatively stable until Wintersday.

Wow, this is gonna go on for a while, it seems. Click the link above once again please, then click one: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4552725

You can see that Echoes of the Past released on November 4. Within just one week, Silk Scrap prices saw a massive drop of nearly 27%; it was the fastest drop in Silk prices in nearly a year. Two days after the Silverwastes map entered the game, the the Supply of Silk outstripped the Demand for nearly the first time since Ascended armor entered the game. There was a spike in price with the September patch, but after the initial rush the price clearly seemed to have settled at around 2.75-2.85 silver, with no reason to think that it would have fallen much lower than that (until the Silverwastes map was released). In fact, the price of Silk Scraps was CLIMBING on the day that the Silverwastes patch was released, reaching nearly 3 silver before the patch hit.

After the bugged chests were fixed, the price recovered slightly for just a few days, then continued to drop. Between the patch to fix bugged chests on November 10 and the release of the Wintersday on December 16, Silk Scrap prices dropped by more than 25%. That’s in only a month!

As I said earlier, the price on this one item has recovered from Wintersday already. On Decemeber 15, 1 day before the Wintersday patch, Silk Scraps were 2.36 silver each; 2 hours ago, Silk Scraps were selling for 2.36 silver each. This is still a massive drop from the 2.90 silver prices that we saw 1 day before the Silverwastes map was released.

I know it’s really hard for some people to be wrong on the internet or whatever, and especially on a forum for a game they play often, etc, etc, but everything here is clearly pointing to the Silverwastes having an effect on the price of many items, including Silk Scraps.

(edited by Otokomae.9356)

please delete

Ayrilana.1396

Wow, this is gonna go on for a while, it seems. Click the link above once again please, then click one: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4552725

You can see that Echoes of the Past released on November 4. Within just one week, Silk Scrap prices saw a massive drop of nearly 27%; it was the fastest drop in Silk prices in nearly a year. Two days after the Silverwastes map entered the game, the the Supply of Silk outstripped the Demand for nearly the first time since Ascended armor entered the game. There was a spike in price with the September patch, but after the initial rush the price clearly seemed to have settled at around 2.75-2.85 silver, with no reason to think that it would have fallen much lower than that (until the Silverwastes map was released). In fact, the price of Silk Scraps was CLIMBING on the day that the Silverwastes patch was released, reaching nearly 3 silver before the patch hit.

After the bugged chests were fixed, the price recovered slightly for just a few days, then continued to drop. Between the patch to fix bugged chests on November 10 and the release of the Wintersday on December 16, Silk Scrap prices dropped by more than 25%. That’s in only a month!

As I said earlier, the price on this one item has recovered from Wintersday already. On Decemeber 15, 1 day before the Wintersday patch, Silk Scraps were 2.36 silver each; 2 hours ago, Silk Scraps were selling for 2.36 silver each. This is still a massive drop from the 2.90 silver prices that we saw 1 day before the Silverwastes map was released.

I know it’s really hard for some people to be wrong on the internet or whatever, and especially on a forum for a game they play often, etc, etc, but everything here is clearly pointing to the Silverwastes having an effect on the price of many items, including Silk Scraps.

So what was the point of you linking the patch notes? In my post I had stated that the sharp drop when SW was released was due to a bug with the chests which was resolved on the 10th. All your post did was confirm what I stated. Thank you.

Silk scraps averaged between 2.8-2.9 silver with the fluctuations due to the various timezones logging in for the day. After the bug was fixed, this ranged from a high of 2.7 silver and a low of 2.4 silver until Wintersday. Again these fluctuations were because of people logging on for the daily. There was a downward trend kitten chest farming was made public like what you see today.

Let’s compare percentages. Let’s say that silk scraps averaged 2.86 silver before SW and then averaged 2.36 before Wintersday. This would be a 50 copper drop or a ~17.5% drop in value. Now comes Wintersday which had an average of around 1.8 silver. This would be a difference of 56 copper or ~23.73% drop in value.

The most significant drop that we saw over the past several months was due to Wintersday. I never said that it was the only drop as I have received a lot of silk from chest farming. If it was then I would have said that silk only dropped because of Wintersday. Anyway, SW is a nice source of silk for those willing to put the time into doing it.

EDIT: if you want to discuss this further, please post in the silk scraps thread. This discussion is more suited there.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

please delete

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Not too much, one of the reasons many markets remain stable is because they are designed to resist major swings with population changes.

you probably cant elaborate on this can you?

like.. a person who enters the game is able to produce a lot of an item, but also wants to consume a lot. so the net effect is higher volume, but the ratio of supply to demand remains about the same so the price doesnt move much? hence big population swings mostly just affect volume?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

please delete

Wanze.8410

JS, I made a suggestion in the silk price thread but it got buried so fast in useless discussion that even I dont care to look it up anymore but I would like to hear your opinion on it:

Some people complain that silk isnt directly farmable and dont like the idea of just earning gold rewards with something else and then spend it on the tp to buy silk.

So can you think of any risks involved, if players had the choice of getting a gold reward or a reward in form of silk scraps?

Dungeons would be the easiest example. If you complete a dungeon path, you usually get 1 gold as a reward. But now you can choose, if you want the gold, or rather get 1g worth of silk scraps, depending on their average price on the tp.
The silk value should be halfway between the lowest listing and the highest bid.

So if silk has a highest bid of 1.9s and a lowest listing of 2.1s, you can either choose to get 1 gold or 50 silk scraps.

This would give players a choice, if they rather inject some gold into the economy, or some silk. If they choose gold, they basically “vote” for the silk price to go up, if they choose silk as a reward, they vote for its price going down.

Edit: Just got a system warning that I am bumping a sticky.

please delete

phys.7689

JS, I made a suggestion in the silk price thread but it got buried so fast in useless discussion that even I dont care to look it up anymore but I would like to hear your opinion on it:

Some people complain that silk isnt directly farmable and dont like the idea of just earning gold rewards with something else and then spend it on the tp to buy silk.

So can you think of any risks involved, if players had the choice of getting a gold reward or a reward in form of silk scraps?

Dungeons would be the easiest example. If you complete a dungeon path, you usually get 1 gold as a reward. But now you can choose, if you want the gold, or rather get 1g worth of silk scraps, depending on their average price on the tp.
The silk value should be halfway between the lowest listing and the highest bid.

So if silk has a highest bid of 1.9s and a lowest listing of 2.1s, you can either choose to get 1 gold or 50 silk scraps.

This would give players a choice, if they rather inject some gold into the economy, or some silk. If they choose gold, they basically “vote” for the silk price to go up, if they choose silk as a reward, they vote for its price going down.

There isnt really much point to that type of mechanic. The main purpose for creating an alternate means of item creation, is not to avoid paying players, but to set a standard method for obtaining something, that isnt going to be effected by prices.

lets say you think diamonds are too expensive, and decide to get it yourself, if the other method involves turning your paycheck into an equivalent to market price amount of diamonds, its fairly pointless.

please delete

Wanze.8410

There isnt really much point to that type of mechanic. The main purpose for creating an alternate means of item creation, is not to avoid paying players, but to set a standard method for obtaining something, that isnt going to be effected by prices.

lets say you think diamonds are too expensive, and decide to get it yourself, if the other method involves turning your paycheck into an equivalent to market price amount of diamonds, its fairly pointless.

Yet people claimed that having to buy additional silk on the tp to craft their daily bolt of damask makes the game too much tp-centric.
This mechanic would give players a direct way of obtaining silk without devaluing it too much. Its an idea i had concerning Johns question:

Let me ask a question, if you could farm silk specifically, but slowly, so the price remained what it currently is or higher, would that be better or worse?

please delete

Wanze.8410

John, im just working on a solution for the imbalanced costs and timegates of crafting full ascended light, medium and heavy armor sets and I was wondering on the usage of deldrimor ingots.

Can you tell me, how much Ingots were destroyed to craft weapons and how much were destroyed to craft heavy armor?
I know you cant tell numbers but a percentage would suffice.
Not sure what a good timeframe is, maybe a week or a month, preferably from a time before the HoT announcement, as i think it attracted alot of new players, who usually go for ascended weapons first, rather than armor.

Thx.

please delete

phys.7689

Yet people claimed that having to buy additional silk on the tp to craft their daily bolt of damask makes the game too much tp-centric.
This mechanic would give players a direct way of obtaining silk without devaluing it too much. Its an idea i had concerning Johns question:

Let me ask a question, if you could farm silk specifically, but slowly, so the price remained what it currently is or higher, would that be better or worse?

your method is still TP centric, is the problem. Its value is centered on the TP.

please delete

Wanze.8410

your method is still TP centric, is the problem. Its value is centered on the TP.

I think my suggestion is less tp-centric, though, as players dont really need to interact with the tp and they get the choice of either creating silk or gold.

please delete

phys.7689

I think my suggestion is less tp-centric, though, as players dont really need to interact with the tp and they get the choice of either creating silk or gold.

like i said, its not really an aversion to the TP itself, but rather an aversion to the prices other people determine that you dont feel comfortable with.

for example, even a tp hater probably buys leather, because they think its a deal. The people who want to avoid the TP usually do so, because they dont think the prices people are asking are worth it.

please delete

pdavis.8031

Don’t know if it’s been asked or not, but I see the topic come up every so often.
What was the main reason for WvW gear being unsalvagable? What it for an economic reason? Or mechanical?

As it is its fairly easy to get, so I could see having a large influx of ecto because of it. Also having to rebuy runes could be part of the reason. But otherwise it doesn’t make much sense. Instead of being able to salvage directly, what about being able to be forged?

recognize my command!”

please delete

Previous

John Smith.4610

Don’t know if it’s been asked or not, but I see the topic come up every so often.
What was the main reason for WvW gear being unsalvagable? What it for an economic reason? Or mechanical?

As it is its fairly easy to get, so I could see having a large influx of ecto because of it. Also having to rebuy runes could be part of the reason. But otherwise it doesn’t make much sense. Instead of being able to salvage directly, what about being able to be forged?

A lot of different factors go into decisions like that one, but economic effects were part of the decision process for sure.

please delete

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

A lot of different factors go into decisions like that one, but economic effects were part of the decision process for sure.

it’s really scummy there is no indication you can’t salvage them, I have a bunch of junk armor with nice runes I can’t get out now

please delete

pdavis.8031

it’s really scummy there is no indication you can’t salvage them, I have a bunch of junk armor with nice runes I can’t get out now

There is the upgrade extractor, but it’s not very cost efficient…
But I would hope that this is something they are looking at to change, but in the meantime that pretty much what we’ve got to work with.

recognize my command!”

please delete

phys.7689

yep, the messaging on this is really bad.