I have been noticing something nice lately

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

So after a bit of a dry spell I have started playing GW2 again. Catching up on the new content added, farming gold, you know the usual things you do to get back into the swing of things.

But I have been noticing something, something that makes me smile. I have noticed more role-players lately.

I don’t know why but I think it is nice to see this part of the community more and more lately.

I love seeing role-players wandering around Tyria and I am curious whether it is just me noticing them more or if other non-role-players have noticed too.

Oh and if you are a role-player, has there been a boon in the number of role-players lately? Or has that LFG tool been the reason?

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

I enjoy watching them for a while. Thinking it fills the world with more life than any NPC could.

Sad is just that, if you interact with them, they ignore you. Even if they walk on a road in Dredgehaunt C. … and you walk towards them, greeting them as you slip through (as an Asura).

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

I enjoy watching them for a while. Thinking it fills the world with more life than any NPC could.

Sad is just that, if you interact with them, they ignore you. Even if they walk on a road in Dredgehaunt C. … and you walk towards them, greeting them as you slip through (as an Asura).

I am glad other people like seeing them around. I considering talk the bad things I heard about the RP community dying out.

And that is a little sad that you got ignored. I used to RP on some other games so I know from experience that some RPers will avoid none-Rpers so that they don’t have to break character. I never did this myself, usually people who approached me wanted to test the waters.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

RP harkens back to the roots of RPGs, always has my respect as long as it doesn’t mean weirdo running about in panties

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: NSevenDanny.4107

NSevenDanny.4107

As an RP’er, the major issue with coming across people at random is basically, not knowing who is a troll or not. We come across plenty of people who think it’s hilarious to sit on top of people, stripping, emote spamming, the like. Even had someone commander tag up and spam map chat once on top of us.

But, we do try if people show an interest! My advice is, if you’re interested, don’t be downhearted aboit being ‘ignored’, they were probably mid event or such. Whisper someone there, chat out of character to them in anything other than the say chat (don’t be the /s “lel rp” guy) and mostly you’ll find rp’ers to be nice enough people.

Also, I never see the LFG used (seriously).

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

As an RP’er, the major issue with coming across people at random is basically, not knowing who is a troll or not. We come across plenty of people who think it’s hilarious to sit on top of people, stripping, emote spamming, the like. Even had someone commander tag up and spam map chat once on top of us.

But, we do try if people show an interest! My advice is, if you’re interested, don’t be downhearted aboit being ‘ignored’, they were probably mid event or such. Whisper someone there, chat out of character to them in anything other than the say chat (don’t be the /s “lel rp” guy) and mostly you’ll find rp’ers to be nice enough people.

Also, I never see the LFG used (seriously).

Agreed. Being ‘ignored’ isn’t necessarily people wanting to reject you, they just might be engaged with a set plot. My RP guild regularly goes out of the cities from Lion’s Arch on bounty hunts, and we often encounter people following us, mostly harmless, you get the odd troll.

But if we come across another person who is genuinely an RPer or wants to become one, we’ll try and fit a conversation or a greeting in, but it’s not always ICly capable to do so.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Warrioress.2750

Warrioress.2750

Yes! I’ve seen more role-players lately then ever before, I think roleplay is a really fun thing to do but never initiated it myself.
I’ve met two role players myself, both were very friendly and started chatting away to myself and my guildie in character no problem, both times we played along, one time ending up helping each other find an area of knowledge (hero point) and another time simply exploring tyria and helping people (leveling). My experience as you can see as been only a pleasant one with role players and having role played a bit in my past really enjoy being swept along in their pure belief and dedication to living in the world of gw2.

I have many skills- Xena

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Odd coincidence seeing this thread after I just recently had my first RP experience in-game. I just happened to randomly encounter a couple RP’ers and joined in just for fun……and it was fun!! I definitely plan on seeking out more opportunities for RP in the future.

@ Rankomonaut: I can totally understand why some RP’ers might ignore other gamers. I am sure they don’t mean to be rude but they probably don’t want to break the immersion of their RP either. Also, GW2 is no different from any other MMO in that there is always a wanna-be troll lurking around every corner. Even during my one brief experience RP’ing we had a troll join us to disrupt and mock our RP activities. With that kind of thing happening on a regular basis, I would start ignoring strangers as well, especially if I was uncertain of their motives.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not so sure its a good indication as a bigger concentration of RPers probably mean that there are less instances running on the megaserver and thus less of a population overall.

/tinfoilhat mode