I have been scammed.

I have been scammed.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SaxKing.8079

SaxKing.8079

I was just scammed 375 gold by ********* I would like the Guild Wars 2 team to look into the chat logs and help me out.

(edited by Moderator)

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You might want to delete that name or even the entire post and submit the issue as a ticket on your account. Naming and shaming on the forums only gets you in trouble.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It against forum rules to “name and shame”. If you traded outside the TP you are out of luck as far as getting back what you lost. The only thing you can do is submit an in game report and if the person in question is in fact guilty they might be suspended or banned. However you won’t get what you lost back because you traded outside the TP.

The Burninator

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

How did he scam you?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

ArenaNet does not intervene in player made agreements. Choosing to play outside the trading post is fully at your own risk. Although they may look into the player, they will not refund you.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

as long as there’s no a trading window you just use the tp.any other actions are yours and only yours fault.devs can’t do anything about it.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Shizlam.4310

Shizlam.4310

Let’s be honest if you were dumb enough to be scammed in this game you had it coming mate.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Remove the name from this post and submit a ticket. You will not get your gold back, but they will suspend or ban the other player if there is evidence he is scamming people.

This should be a warning to everybody else who wants to trade outside of the TP.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is a reason the only way to trade is through the Trading Post. You wanted to save money, and now you paid the ultimate price. You can never be scammed if you only use the TP. Sorry for your loss, but it is permanent.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’m really curious as to how he/she scammed you.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Smells like someone tried to trade in a game without a dedicated trade window.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Submit support ticket with all your proof. You will not get your money back, but you can have the hollow victory of giving the scammer a 72 hour suspension.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Mantis.5793

Mantis.5793

hehe i added him to my friends list and he was invisible.
Told him hes on the forums for scamming through a mail… he signed off.

god i hate scammers… sorry it happened to you bro.

But really…… never trust people you dont know….. use the TP
you will probably not get your gold back

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I was just scammed 375 gold by Xothas.8231 I would like the Guild Wars 2 team to look into the chat logs and help me out.

The GW2 hierarchy doesn’t support nor condone player to player trading, it’s a do at your own risk thing. Sorry you were scammed, but, consider it payment in a lesson learned.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

I have been scammed.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Let’s be honest if you were dumb enough to be scammed in this game you had it coming mate.

Oh that’s a bit premature, we don’t even know how he was scammed. Kinda seems the majority opinion is trading outside of the TP (which is a bit… well there is a reason we can’t trade with other players), but it might be something else.

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Oh that’s a bit premature, we don’t even know how he was scammed. Kinda seems the majority opinion is trading outside of the TP (which is a bit… well there is a reason we can’t trade with other players), but it might be something else.

Sorry but I can’t think of one thing other than that being the case, if you can, please enlighten the rest of us.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

I have been scammed.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

There’s no other way to be “scammed” than to trade good or services. Anet does not provide a dedicated system for either and has gone on the record saying that using the mail system to do so is at one’s own risk.

The only other thing I can even think of is some kerfuffle with the use of shared guild storage but the same rules apply there as well I’m sure. It’s a shared storage and has all the associated risks that come with that.

Better they learned not to trust a random, faceless person on the internet by losing fake money than real money.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…