I have never seen so many post get deleted on an MMO forum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Haptic.7912

Haptic.7912

Seriously what on earth is going on here?

People have bought the game and giving some legit experiences about the game, or legit thing they feel could use some improvement and Anet are just closing the threads, why?

I’ve never seen such censorship in a game ever, most of the post are structured, none offensive and and seek to have a structured discussion about the game they have forked out money for, this is very sad.

This post will get deleted or closed for sure, but why? Anet do not like any criticism at all but if they keep it up they will be closing everything, about a quarter of threads currently are being closed.

Suck it up Anet, your game is not perfect and people will call you out on problems, why is that such a problem?

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Because people keep making new threads instead of discussing the very same issue in the existing one.

Read the rules.

Posted by: Polluxo.4967

Polluxo.4967

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/A-disillusioned-GW1-player/first#post405648

Why did this get locked? I did not see a similar thread discussing the differences between GW1 and GW2?

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Legit complaints? 99% of everything I read is based on personal opinion and not any facts.

Haptic.7912

Ramza you are deluded, there are a magnitude of different subject being closed, open you eyes man.

This is not a good thing.

Haptic.7912

Legit complaints, who said that? do you like censorship? if not then you should be against this behavior.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Glad to see it myself. Keep it civil, keep it on topic and for pity sake, don’t keep creating thread after thread of the same ol kitten.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Stark.1350

Legit complaints, who said that? do you like censorship? if not then you should be against this behavior.

You did, in your original post. Also, these are their forums. They’re allowed to do what they want, when they want to.

Posted by: Nanorin.9285

Nanorin.9285

Really? You defiantly didn’t play Diablo 3.

Just saying.

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

I don’t like to criticize, but…yeah, the moderation team is a bit overzealous in their duties. Especially when they take a topic pertaining to a very specific issue (FPS issues in and ONLY in a very specific area, Bandithaunt, in this case) and merge it in with the general FPS complaints…while not even keeping the posts from the original thread together so everything loses context.

Haptic.7912

Sigh, go and read it again, you are the only one to bring such a negative word to this thread, keep on topic.

Yes they can do what they want to with their forums, I never said other wise but that does not mean it’s a good thing does it? censorship is stupid and it will only lead to self destruction.

I’m done feeding you man.

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

It does seem to be pretty heavy handed. As someone who has done a fair deal of moderation on busy websites, it’s safe to say that the typical rule of thumb is to never close a thread unless strictly necessary. If a few people derail a thread, you deal with those individuals and let the thread continue to address the original topic.

What we need is a lot more focus on communication and less focus on thread deletion/closing.

Haptic.7912

I did not play it now, was that as bad really?

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Because they’re learning from Blizzard’s mistakes. Hate about D3 spread faster than AIDS in a third world country. Don’t think we need that here.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

we do not really need 10 threads on the same subject on the first page.

we also do not need meaningless rants.

Although I like what SWTOR does on their forums, they just lock the threads and link them to an already existing thread on the same subject.

Stark.1350

ALL the threads I’ve seen closed are repeats about bots, or repeats about other garbage that they’re already aware of. There’s no need to keep them open to clog relevant information about other issues.

Posted by: CC Ivonne.6782

CC Ivonne.6782

Community Coordinator

Hello everybody,
threads aren´t locked without a reason and posts aren´t simply deleted without an explanation. If a violation to the code of conduct, which you are most welcome to read here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules occurs, then a thread is locked or a post is deleted.
Having clarified this issue, the thread will now be locked.
Thanks for understanding.