I... have returned.

I... have returned.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AreeSoothsayer.1068

AreeSoothsayer.1068

Wurf.

Been a while since I last played. Got an email the other day about advanced or was it elite? upgrades or something for the classes.

Downloading now but just gotta know. Is there an elite/advanced Ranger class focused on the pets?

I... have returned.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s stuff coming in the expansion, we don’t have all the details on most of the elite specs yet.

The one for ranger is “druid”. It uses a staff, and appears to still have the pet. That’s about all we know about it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Elite specilization is a Heart of Thorns expansion deal…

The new specilization system I think we will get befor HoT though:)

Rangers will become druids ~ Staff useing duno much else yet

I... have returned.

AreeSoothsayer.1068

Well I do hope in the time since I last played they made the pets a bit more… customizable.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Ranger will be able to become a druid and use a staff. That’s all we know at this point.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

I... have returned.

AreeSoothsayer.1068

Welp, I’m in. The mobs are a ton easier and really… after all this time, not a single new pet.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Well I do hope in the time since I last played they made the pets a bit more… customizable.

Not really. But they do respond a tad better.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

I... have returned.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I missed u, papa.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Ranger pets still don’t keep all their names, afaik, unfortunately. I’ve never understood this.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Welp, I’m in. The mobs are a ton easier and really… after all this time, not a single new pet.

Go to the Silverwastes, the mobs are harder there.

I... have returned.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Ranger pets still don’t keep all their names, afaik, unfortunately. I’ve never understood this.

They do if you have them equiped max 4 since they count land and underwater pets

I... have returned.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Some say it is too hard and some say it is too easy. As Vayne said, go to silverwastes for harder content. Do Aetherpath in Twillight Arbor, do Tequatil and/or Evolved Jungleworm (Tripple Trouble) or do Fractals up to level 49 (Rumor goes that 50 is easier).

About the pets… Eh isn’t 46 pets enough? That’s more pets than any other MMO’s I know of, just from the start.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

I... have returned.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

And would it have killed them to add at least 2 more for the 2 tiny new maps (when counting the wastes maps as one) we got in the last 3 years?

Yeah Aree, welcome to the club.
Either join the circlegrind up there in the wastes or experience the zerker&corner stacking “meta” (aka. exploits) in the dungeon RUNS.
Apart from some quality of life changes this game has been standing still.

Oh yah, and they broke the personal story. Don´t go beyond the claw island battle before they fix it. Who knows when.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

I... have returned.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

That’s stuff coming in the expansion, we don’t have all the details on most of the elite specs yet.

The one for ranger is “druid”. It uses a staff, and appears to still have the pet. That’s about all we know about it.

I don’t really get the connection between druids and rangers?

To me, they’re completely different things.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

I... have returned.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

And would it have killed them to add at least 2 more for the 2 tiny new maps (when counting the wastes maps as one) we got in the last 3 years?

We have got 3 new maps in 3 years.
We have got Reef Drake with one of them http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Reef_Drake

I... have returned.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Some say it is too hard and some say it is too easy. As Vayne said, go to silverwastes for harder content. Do Aetherpath in Twillight Arbor, do Tequatil and/or Evolved Jungleworm (Tripple Trouble) or do Fractals up to level 49 (Rumor goes that 50 is easier).

About the pets… Eh isn’t 46 pets enough? That’s more pets than any other MMO’s I know of, just from the start.

You don’t know of WoW, then?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stable_master

You can store 55 pets, in total (5 that you can call and another 50 at the stables).

….and there are, I think, 52 pet families and each family contains multiple choices of species and colours.

Not that I am really complaining about the number here – WoW is an older game, so it will tend to have more pets.

But, I do think they should keep adding them gradually, here, if possible.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

I... have returned.

EdgarMTanaka.7291

You don’t know of WoW, then?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Stable_master

You can store 55 pets, in total (5 that you can call and another 50 at the stables).

….and there are, I think, 52 pet families and each family contains multiple choices of species and colours.

Not that I am really complaining about the number here – WoW is an older game, so it will tend to have more pets.

But, I do think they should keep adding them gradually, here, if possible.

23 tameable beast famelies atleast according to that Wiki you posted. Now I havent played WoW since before BC but it seems that each famely has their skills while in GW2 each Animal has their own skills. it’s not that hard making millions of Beasts while you only change the colour of them but it is harder to program a whole new skillset and sculpture for every single pet.

I... have returned.

AreeSoothsayer.1068

46 pets, yea there are that many. However when it’s just skin juggling and ONE different skill from the 3-5 other same breeds.

Attack of the clones, Oh wait. That one has a sword, while this one has an axe. They’re diffrent! …. grrrrr :|