I heard a wild rumor...

I heard a wild rumor...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Or it may not be a rumor at all, still I want a confirmation by community
I heard that scroll and tomes of knowledge would be unavailable after patch/xpac? and that we won’t be able to use them anymore…
is it true?

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

No, it’s not true.

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Scrolls of knowledge will be going away; they’ll be turned into a currency for the Mystic Forge. Tomes of Knowledge, as far as we know, are not changing.

I heard a wild rumor...

Garth Thurgen.1380

Scrolls of knowledge will be going away; they’ll be turned into a currency for the Mystic Forge. Tomes of Knowledge, as far as we know, are not changing.

Scrolls aren’t going away. Skill Points are. So if you use a Scroll of Knowledge, which are still probably going to be a thing unless they make a replacement for them (and thus make them effectively still in the game), you’ll get a token to buy all of the Mystic Forge stuffs.

Tomes, on the other hand, are likely going to change to not give you a level at 80 so that they don’t interfere with the new Mastery System (there have been several things that have shown this change to be real, but no official confirmation at this point). They, however, will still be in the game.

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

im hoping they replace several of the tome drops with the mystic forge currency.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

im hoping they replace several of the tome drops with the mystic forge currency.

I like the tomes, but then again I have a few too many characters.

If we’re lucky, they’ll make it so that you can sell/trade in spare tomes for the new MF currency. It would be a good replacement for how you can currently use one on a level 80 to get another skill point to buy MF stuff with.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

:o thank you people!!

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Scrolls aren’t going away. Skill Points are. So if you use a Scroll of Knowledge, which are still probably going to be a thing unless they make a replacement for them (and thus make them effectively still in the game), you’ll get a token to buy all of the Mystic Forge stuffs.

Tomes, on the other hand, are likely going to change to not give you a level at 80 so that they don’t interfere with the new Mastery System (there have been several things that have shown this change to be real, but no official confirmation at this point). They, however, will still be in the game.

People seem to think ToK give out skill points on top of the exp to level. This is not the case. Also, ToK only give exp. Mastery’s will work different to that. From what I understand you have to do specific things to advance it. What they are ANet have not said

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

I heard a wild rumor...

Garth Thurgen.1380

People seem to think ToK give out skill points on top of the exp to level. This is not the case. Also, ToK only give exp. Mastery’s will work different to that. From what I understand you have to do specific things to advance it. What they are ANet have not said

Mastery Points give you the ability to grind up a portion of a Mastery track of whatever you put your points into. Rather than gaining levels you gain a Mastery. A while back someone used Tomes to test it in one of the betas, and it took four Tomes to complete a Mastery. The later betas switched off the bar, so it no longer worked that way, but there’s no reason to believe (yet anyway) that they’re going to completely rework the system for Tomes. It’d be much easier to just change Tomes.

The Skill Points, in this case, are utterly irrelevant. Tomes would be changed because they give 100% exp for a level. However, it is yet to be seen as to whether or not they’re going to be changed, or if they’ll just leave it as is so that PvP players can very easily jump into whatever PvE content they want (any long term PvP player has/will get so many Tomes that it would take a pretty extreme system to exclude them should tomes be at all viable).

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Hmmm, but isn’t this expansion only? I mean, vanilla players won’t get expansion skills, so not everything can change in the core game…

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

Hmmm, but isn’t this expansion only? I mean, vanilla players won’t get expansion skills, so not everything can change in the core game…

No, it’s the whole game. The changes to traits, skills, and hero points are going to roll out before HoT is released.

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Not all masteries are only for HoT, there will be some for the core game. What they are we do not know.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Not all masteries are only for HoT, there will be some for the core game. What they are we do not know.

Actually, we know 2 of the lines. Precursor crafting and a fractal line. I really hope there’s more on top of that, but you’re comment is a bit misleading. If you do not have HoT you can earn mastery points in the core game, but you will NOT be able to spend them on mastery lines or train the masteries to gain any benefits.

So yes, there will be masteries in the core game, but people who do not own HoT will gain no benefit outside of saving some time (earning core game Mastery Points) until they purchase HoT.

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Palindrome.8904

Palindrome.8904

Actually, we know 2 of the lines. Precursor crafting and a fractal line. I really hope there’s more on top of that, but you’re comment is a bit misleading.

We also know that there is a Mastery line for improving combat abilities against Mordrem as well as a Mastery line for jungle mobility (specifically hang gliding).

I heard a wild rumor...

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Well when you level up you gain a skillpoint.

Source – I’ve leveled a character.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.