I hit a landmark! 1000+ hours played.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

1000 hrs strong and still having a blast. Millenials, represent!

Attachments:

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Congratulations.

I hit the wall at 800 hours, my girlfriend is at 350 (a bit casual) but still playing.
My main issue is that I have nothing interesting to do left :/ but I believe this is mostly due to the fact most classes are still beta-ish so I can’t get myself to play them.
Got a Guardian to 80 then realized the major flaws of the class (no cripple/way to stay in range, no ranged), got Warrior to 80 then realized a ton of core skills are buggy and clunky, got a Thief to 80 and loved every second of it (most finalized class I played so far, only a couple bugs and the rest is very smooth).
Other classes don’t inspire me remotely, played my gf’s Ele a bit (too simple for my tastes, where’s this “high skill ceiling”?) and I’m tempted to make a power Necro but cannot find the willpower to level to 80 for the fourth time.

Not bad tho, the only game that got me into it for longer is Guild Wars 1 (but taking into account all expansions and farming for rare skin drops which is not implemented in GW2).

Posted by: Captain Maugrymm.1753

Captain Maugrymm.1753

How do I check my hours played? Sorry for the noob question, I’m just curious.

Maugrymm- 80 Elementalist/Rajibad- 80 Ranger/Soreph-80 Mesmer
Fat Lute Tavern [LUTE]- Sorrow’s Furnace
“There are other worlds than these.”

Posted by: Kaeden.6952

Kaeden.6952

How do I check my hours played? Sorry for the noob question, I’m just curious.

/age

nothing wrong with asking a question <3

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

good to know you blew 40+ days of your life doing nothing substantial. Or almost 60 days including your sleeps.

someone is bitter

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

Congratulations, I’m surprised at how many people have played 1000 hours. I’m about half that myself and I play quite a lot.

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

good to know you blew 40+ days of your life doing nothing substantial. Or almost 60 days including your sleeps.

someone is bitter

I hate to say it, or just realistic. I suppose I could be bitter about someone who spends close to all their free time in one spot, but why would I be?

Someone tell me if my math is wrong, out of a possible 3672 hours since release, he’s played 1000. So just over 27% of his time is spent in front of a computer playing one game.

edit I don’t mean to be rude though —- Congratulations on your achievement, Volkon.

(edited by Mister Mustard.7203)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

People are allowed to spend their time in whatever they want. Next.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

nice thread, i’ll join in in couple months… I wonder what will happen first, – completing my character(including legendary) or 1000 hours.

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

I have around 660 hours now, and my highest character is lvl 48 XD im soooo sloooow, but enjoying every second of the game, that might be the reason im slow. i think im scared to hit lvl cap because i might get bored then :o

Posted by: Chaos.7231

Chaos.7231

It’s good to see you are still enjoying the game. I hope to join the 1000s next month.

Hardcore Casual [8 Level 80s – No Legendary]
80 R | 80 W | 80 G | 80 E | 80 M | 80 E | 80 N | 80 T
- Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

long way to go here only 629- congrats Op

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Seeing the reaction to 1000 hours, I can’t begin to imagine what people will say to me…

Attachments:

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

1,072 hours here. Still loving every part of the game and still so much to do and see!

Posted by: Xcellular.8094

Xcellular.8094

Awesome!!! Congratulations! I think I started almost 2 weeks ago, so I must’ve logged around 50-70 hours by now xD

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

1000 hrs strong and still having a blast. Millenials, represent!

Pretty sad, spending that much of your life in a game… even sadder, this game.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I have been playing since the release of the game, I have logged in 72 hours. Between full time work, full time school, wife and my 3 year old son, I get about 4 hours per week to play computer games, which I use to play GW2, about 2 hours each on Sundays and Mondays.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Congrats OP! Sitting it close to 1200 hours myself with 4 level 80s. Planning a 5th ,ranger or warrior

Congratulations.

I hit the wall at 800 hours, my girlfriend is at 350 (a bit casual) but still playing.
My main issue is that I have nothing interesting to do left :/ but I believe this is mostly due to the fact most classes are still beta-ish so I can’t get myself to play them.
Got a Guardian to 80 then realized the major flaws of the class (no cripple/way to stay in range, no ranged), got Warrior to 80 then realized a ton of core skills are buggy and clunky, got a Thief to 80 and loved every second of it (most finalized class I played so far, only a couple bugs and the rest is very smooth).
Other classes don’t inspire me remotely, played my gf’s Ele a bit (too simple for my tastes, where’s this “high skill ceiling”?) and I’m tempted to make a power Necro but cannot find the willpower to level to 80 for the fourth time.

Not bad tho, the only game that got me into it for longer is Guild Wars 1 (but taking into account all expansions and farming for rare skin drops which is not implemented in GW2).

Wait what? No ranged and no way to stay in range for guardian? Are we even playing the same profession/game.

1h sword (gap closer), meditations (healing/burning gap closer, healing/damaging condition removal, scepter+torch (immobilize, high sustained damage, burst, burning). Along with that they still keep high staying power compared to any other damage oriented spec.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

(edited by SneakyErvin.3056)

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Some people dont like the fact that other people spent so much time playing a game.
Not everyone has the same way to have fun, some like to spend their time walking in the park and others play gw2.

[DIE] Death is Energy

VOLKON.1290

someone is bitter

I hate to say it, or just realistic. I suppose I could be bitter about someone who spends close to all their free time in one spot, but why would I be?

Someone tell me if my math is wrong, out of a possible 3672 hours since release, he’s played 1000. So just over 27% of his time is spent in front of a computer playing one game.

edit I don’t mean to be rude though —- Congratulations on your achievement, Volkon.

I know it sounds like a lot… but the question is what is that time replacing? I’ve a full time job, wife, two kids, etc. and still have plenty of time. What I don’t do anymore is plop on the couch watching TV. That time is replaced with computer time with the kids (who also don’t watch much TV). I also work rather well on about six hours sleep. I do the lion’s share of the cooking, which I’m rather good at, a good share of cleaning and handle most the laundry, which is rather easy to take care of while the game’s up. I even squeeze in a daily exercise routine. Ah, I’m also the goto Dad for homework, especially science and math.

Basically it’s replaced my “do nothing” time. I’d rather keep my mind engaged online than stagnant staring at the TV.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Alas, I am not there yet. Maybe one day I will be able to join this exclusive club.

http://i.imgur.com/DcK5Z.jpg

Attachments:

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I hit the 1000 hr mark not long ago too, though I spend most of my time last 2 months just afking in lions arch just checking my black lion transactions every hour or 2 and troll a bit.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

yeah, i hit that too by standing in LA bored with nothing to do in this game.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

VOLKON.1290

yeah, i hit that too by standing in LA bored with nothing to do in this game.

If that’s true, I don’t think the problem lies in the game.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I don’t really think there’s a problem, it’s pretty normal for people to just get bored with a game after a while, specially after putting over 500 hrs into it.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Wait what? No ranged and no way to stay in range for guardian? Are we even playing the same profession/game.

1h sword (gap closer), meditations (healing/burning gap closer, healing/damaging condition removal, scepter+torch (immobilize, high sustained damage, burst, burning). Along with that they still keep high staying power compared to any other damage oriented spec.

I doubt we’re playing against remotely similarly skilled people.

Gap closers won’t keep the gap closed, any person with a brain will just open the gaps immediately.
Immob from scepter is something that again anyone with a couple brain cells will remove immediately.
Sure, Guardian has a lot of staying power but anyone with a brain will just stay away from you successfully and kite you to death.

Posted by: Vaske.2817

Vaske.2817

-Hehe can i join the club :P ?

Attachments:

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Congrats on having so much fun!

I’ve played over 1000 hours too and I still have things to look for. Like map completion later tonight when I can change servers. Grass is greener on the green corner of Eternal Battlegrounds.

I quite prefer playing GW2 to watching TV several hours every night, sadly one is considered the norm and the other odd.

Posted by: Tiger.7506

Tiger.7506

He labelled it a “milestone”, which it is.

I r fanboy.

Milestone of sadness?

Sad people are those that care so much about what other people think that they waste their free time doing stuff they dont want to do.

Quote for true !

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

1,274 hours …

Probably 2/3 of that in WvW, rest in PVE

Posted by: Ojike.3179

Ojike.3179

Im at around 1.5k hours.. alot of its afking but i have 4 80s.. and still alot of fun.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Congratulations on spending 1000+ hours on a game! Instead of with your two kids or with your wife! Try and make it to 1500+ now.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

1,291 hours and change.. Still playing too

Attachments:

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

i’ll be honest, i got bored of this game for the most part around 900 hours in, but i continue to play because of friends, mainly helping them get their Legendaries.

Attachments:

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

8+ hours a day? That’s a full time job. I’m at 180h in 4 months and I think I play way to much.

So this is how your day goes. Get up 6:30am, get ready to be at work for 8:00am. Off work at 5:00pm. Now you need 8 hours of playing time that day. So you’re up till 1:00am playing, every week night? Nice one. Either your character sits idle alot while you’re afk or, wow, just wow.

Posted by: Zeanix.8624

Zeanix.8624

Gz

im only on 200+ hours, but im a hardcore wow player tho

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

you people waste too much of your life with this IMO.

real life is not that long.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

I doubt we’re playing against remotely similarly skilled people.

Gap closers won’t keep the gap closed, any person with a brain will just open the gaps immediately.
Immob from scepter is something that again anyone with a couple brain cells will remove immediately.
Sure, Guardian has a lot of staying power but anyone with a brain will just stay away from you successfully and kite you to death.

Similary skilled as what? Myself or you? I dont know how skilled you are, but I assume I play with equally skilled people compared to me and I have no issues. If you play against equally skilled people as you then the problem isnt the class.

You have many 1200 ranged skills and gap closers. As easy as it is for them to clear roots and all, it is for you to remove any condition you want pretty much. A few utilities allow you to do that in addition to healing yourself and closing the gap.

You can rock a very high damage spec for guardians and still keep above avarage survivability. If you have issues keeping the gap closed there is always the retaliation specs for you. Just because the gap isnt closed doesnt mean you cant hurt the enemy plenty from range just as they do to you.

Guardians also have a multitude of defensive abilities backe din with offense, asking for a gap closer is like a thief asking for more base HP and more armor.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

you people waste too much of your life with this IMO.

real life is not that long.

I don’t have 1000 hours played but your post is a bit judgmental- how can you decide what people should do with their free time?
I haven’t watched TV in more than 20 years- I don’t even own one.
I do have 9 book cases full of books and 15 boxes in the garage though.

If I want to spend my free time playing GW2 then who are you to judge?
How exactly should we not waste our lives?
I play this game with my husband and kid, it is a fun.
Before you say get out more, yes we do that too

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

At least 2 good things have come out of my addiction, yes addiction, to gw 1 and 2. I quit smoking and drastically cut down on my drinking. From bar tabs $100-200 every Friday and Saturday night and 1-2 packs per day…I figure it has saved me roughly $16-17,000 a year for the past 4 years. 64 thousand dollars not too shabby!

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

At least 2 good things have come out of my addiction, yes addiction, to gw 1 and 2. I quit smoking and drastically cut down on my drinking. From bar tabs $100-200 every Friday and Saturday night and 1-2 packs per day…I figure it has saved me roughly $16-17,000 a year for the past 4 years. 64 thousand dollars not too shabby!

That’s awesome! Congrats!!! As to everyone else judging…im sure you all spent countless hours doing other things, watching TV, etc, it’s all about what you find fun, so don’t judge.

Posted by: Seinvan.2190

Seinvan.2190

251 hours, only one level 80 and the rest of my alts aren’t past level 20.

Get on my level \o/

Posted by: liquids.9027

liquids.9027

i just hit a 1000 today too lol
with over 900 deaths as well

Posted by: Trixstir.3956

Trixstir.3956

So is that really a crafting booster on?

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

1350 hours played here

Working on my second Legendary, The Predator.

VOLKON.1290

So is that really a crafting booster on?

Holy crap, it is! I decided to start cranking artificing to 400, had run out of mats by this time.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Trixstir.3956

Trixstir.3956

Guess my mind had just be blown that after all that play time just now ya work on it :P

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

1137 hours here, still enjoying the game.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

I don’t really think there’s a problem, it’s pretty normal for people to just get bored with a game after a while, specially after putting over 500 hrs into it.

Not usually in an MMO ….

otherwise why would you even buy it, they are for long term playing obviously… an ever expanding online world?

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

Next step, log 1000 hours doing stuff IRL…

But seriously, good work. I think I am at around 100 lol

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both