I hit lvl 80, what do I do now.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Triga.5038

Triga.5038

I am lvl 80, all I can see to do is explore and complete areas, but that is getting old, seeing as the rewards for 100% completing an area are not worth it.

I haven’t completed the story line because there dose not seem to be any reason to do so, the rewards from it are worthless.

The dungeons don’t make sense to me, they seem really random places with no reason to exist in the story. and standing around the entrance looking for a group is ridiculous.

I did the four winds bazaar thing, what a worth less update that was. We got some kind of dumb foot race, wtf.

I really do not know were to go. Were are people getting all this cool armor I keep seeing?Maybe I can try to get a cool armor set. I have no idea were this stuff comes from thogh.

One thing this game dose horrible is letting folks know what is where, and what there is for you to do. I mean I made it to lvl 80 and as far as I can tell none of the dungeons have been part of that progression at any time, they do not come up in the story either.

So any suggestions on what I spend my time doing?

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Maybe if you follow your story line and read the mails you might understand the dungeons. Go to http://dulfy.net/category/gw2/ for armor galleries and where to find them. You could always fill your time up with grinding gifts and clovers and such for your legendary, though this requires you to get the reward for world completion. Do some WvW or maybe join sPvP? Maybe that’ll get your interest.

OR you can wait for the future patch and come back to check on contents every 2 weeks, or just wait for an expansion.

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

if you dont have fun with any of the games content, then its time for you leave.

if you do actually have fun, things to work fowards are
pvp ranks

wvw ranks

collect all the armor for your class so you can switch between many different playstyles (which would require farming something for gold, doing wvw for badges, or getting karma for god armor)

achievment hunt, as you get plenty of rewards for achievements now.

unlock your titles

work towards legendaries

crafting professions

learning all the classes so you have a deep understanding of the games mechanics.

becoming a distinguished member of the community (join a guild, make a guild, create guides for various things, etc)
etc

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

(edited by Envy.1679)

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Cool armor = dungeons
Cool weapons = grind lodestones

Want top gear right away? Buy exotics off TP or else fight horrible RNG drops for ages.
Do dailies everyday, eventually get ascended gear, soon the weapons and armor also

Basically your done with the game, now you just go for aesthics and pointless achievements

Welcome to GW2 PVE

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

rewards for 100% completing an area are not worth it.

I haven’t completed the story line because there dose not seem to be any reason to do so, the rewards from it are worthless.

The dungeons don’t make sense to me, they seem really random places with no reason to exist in the story. and standing around the entrance looking for a group is ridiculous.

I did the four winds bazaar thing, what a worth less update that was. We got some kind of dumb foot race, wtf.

I really do not know were to go. Were are people getting all this cool armor I keep seeing?Maybe I can try to get a cool armor set. I have no idea were this stuff comes from thogh.

One thing this game dose horrible is letting folks know what is where, and what there is for you to do. I mean I made it to lvl 80 and as far as I can tell none of the dungeons have been part of that progression at any time, they do not come up in the story either.

I found your problem. The story isn’t about rewards, it’s about experiencing the story itself. The cool armor comes from dungeons and if you followed your level 1-30 story and read the mails you got from your herald you would know why you go there.
You can find a group easily at gw2lfg.com.
Also the minigames are ther for pure enterntainment, not grinding for rewards.
Hate to say it but gw2 might not be for you. I guess it would be wise to look for
alternatives.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

well, OP has a really pessimistic view.

when you hit lvl 80 there is some stuff you can do: gear up your character, find skins for said armor/weapons, craft a legendary, run FOTM, run dungeons, finish your personal story, get 100% exploration, level your crafting, complete jumping puzzles, complete random achievements, just run around maps having fun, go to WvWvW

also, you can go to sPvP which is a complete different world.

yes, not all of those activities has awesome shinys as reward, but luckily we are not horses, so we don’t actually need a carrot on a stick to keep going forward, just try to have fun.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

just re-read and see what you wrote there. You dont enjoy dungeons or personal storyline. You only work for rewards to have better gear than other guy. Let me tell you, you cant get better gear than the other guy because Anet made so that people are not forced into doing exact same thing as everyone else does to get same rewards for some sruff like gear. Exotic gear is droppable, Craftable, bought from dungeons. Ascended rings can be aquired from fractals, and laurels. Ascended amulet can be aquired from laurels. and ascended earring can be aquired from lauels or guild missions. Ascended backpiece can be forged or half-forged from fractals. Basically you came here for rewards and not fun. GW2 is not a game for people who want to have better gear, but for those who have skill and want to have fun

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

the rewards for 100% completing an area are not worth it.

Maybe you’re doing them too slow?

How would you know if you never completed it the first time?
You DO get some “cool” skins that are only available from certain Dungeons.

standing around the entrance looking for a group is ridiculous.

http://gw2lfg.com/

We got some kind of dumb foot race, wtf.

It’s actually more of an Homage to the old Gw1 Beetle-Racing (but with a Z axis)

Were are people getting all this cool armor I keep seeing?

In most cases, it’s called Skill …in other cases like the Burny Flaming stuff from COF, it’s just rolling a Warrior or Mesmer.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
^notice the .guildwars2.com part? yeah, Anet hosts it. They even let us have a version of democratic/freespeech on it, unlike these forums.

…for the next 10 minutes? Read this maybe? : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
…wouldn’t be a bad start since it’s addressing some of the stuff you seem to think is worthless

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Just go to LA, jump in a dungeon party, they’ll port yah in.

To each their own! Don’t care bout lore or story? Well w/e it’s not necessary just more impactful in this game then others.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

So you reached level 80. Congratulations. You have finally reached the end of the beginning and are ready to start the game proper.

If you think that level 1-79 is ‘the game’ and having hit 80 is a dead-end for you then you may have missed out on the point of the game entirely and as others have said you might want to reconsider your choice of game.

Or, if that’s not your thing and you really want to give GW2 a try, then you need to start setting some goals for yourself. There is a lot to do, and you are right the game doesn’t dictate to you how to play. Instead, the game is now open to you, sort of like a giant sandbox game, and its up to you now to decide on your goals. ,

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

The purpose of any game is to have fun.

So find what you find fun.

Some people like leveling alts. Others like running dungeons. Some people like finishing the jumping puzzles or playing minigames. There’s WvW, of course, for people who like big tactical games, and then sPvP for people who like their PvP on a smaller scale. Some people even like playing the Trading Post.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Xephens.3217

Xephens.3217

The OP is right. The message you recieve when you hit level cap in this game is: Thank you for playing our game, bye bye now!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

What is the point of even playing this game? The rewards are worthless.

Also, I know most gamers are used to kitten “GO THERE NOW” arrows, but it’s not really a necessary or even good thing for a game to have.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

you better indicate that you are being sarcastic or you will be under attack as the OP

P.S. hope you are really being sarcastic and i dont look like and idiot

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

For Dungeons: www.gw2lfg.com

For Open World Events on all Servers: www.gw2stuff.com

Goals:
—Legendary Weapon
—Achievements
—Resource Accumulation
—Exploration
—Dungeon and Open world Farming
—WvW and Commander Ranks
—PvP ranks
—Alts

Game does not tell you what to do post-80 because you can choose whatever the hell you want (within reason).

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

You gear up your character in a few hours and roll an alt. Then when you get bored you stop playing for a couple months and come back anytime you want cause it’s free!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

This is a game about setting your own goals. If you can’t think of any, then take a break, and come back when you can.

NSPride <3

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

Jumping puzzle world tour!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

you better indicate that you are being sarcastic or you will be under attack as the OP

P.S. hope you are really being sarcastic and i dont look like and idiot

Yes yes, I was being sarcastic. I can’t really hold back when people main complaint is focused on rewards. They go like “Oh I can do this and this but what’s the point if I don’t get shinies” or even worse “doing this thing sucks and it doesn’t even give rewards”, implying that they don’t like the gameplay, but will keep playing if you give them shinies. Bah.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1. Dungeons do have their own story, not tied in with your story (except Arah, to an extent).

2. If you like someones armour, ask them where they got it from.

3. Why do you need the game to tell you what to do? As for the where to go part, the game tells you where dungeons are, the next step of your Personal Story, and objectives in the Living Story. That’s all it should need to tell you, as well.

4. Explore for the sake of exploring, providing you like that sort of thing.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

When you hit max level in any game, you choices are the same. Quit or roll a new character. The storyline has ended and the LS is the only thing they are adding. If you like pointless arcade style games you’ll love it. There are no expansions or new classes planned and their main focus seems to be making sure no one gets anything from drops. If you want a rare item, pony up in game gold or real money for gems.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

you quit until the 2013 promises come into effect

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

you quit until the 2013 promises come into effect

Dude, he’ll be on social security before then. Lol

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

actually, the dungeons make a lot of sense regarding the main story (war against the dragons), but, as you obviously prefer “standing outside of them”, of cause you do not realize that. As to armor skins, well, the game is connected with a magical query fairy. She is called Google.

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

The game’s motto is “Play how you want, with who you want.” They do a really kitten good job of that. Here’s how:

They have competitive PvP matches of 5man teams, which just so happen to not be tied to any server so you can play with literally anyone. There’s one of your hardcore PvP areas.

They have competitive PvP matches of in the vicinity of 100-man teams, which last a week long. Depending on your server, WvW could be a joke, or it could be the nighttime occupation of over half of the server. There’s the other of your hardcore PvP areas.

They have explorable mode dungeons. Those things are hard, even in full exotic gear. Things like Arah exp mode, strangely enough, require significant party cohesion and teamwork. If that weren’t enough, each party member needs to know their own class and spec fairly well to pull it off. Dungeons are cross-server, so you can play it with anyone you’d like, not just people on your server.

They have fractals. Those things are like dungeons, but on an infinitely-scaling difficulty level. Yes, infinite. Dredge fractal is the bane of PuGs everywhere. Grawl fractal requires you to have good spatial awareness (which many people somehow lack). Cliffside fractal requires good communication.

They have jumping puzzles. You like platformers? Here you go! They’re mechanically hard, with insane jumps that test your timing. They’re mentally challenging without a guide, as the route you may have wanted to go just might not be the actual route.

Hell, they even reward you for exploring! The world is amazingly beautiful, with excessive detail paid to the tiniest locations. Take a relaxing walk through Caledon Forest. Visit the hidden strawberry patch. Stop to smell the roses!

Even better, all of these earn you great awards! Cosmetic skins show just how much experience you have with the game. One legendary is impressive; two legendaries is godly. Each legendary, while purchasable on the TP with gold, would cost ~$800 if you used gems to buy it. They’re a big deal. Outside of legendaries, you can still show off. That guy in full Arah? You better respect him, because he ran one of the most painful dungeons available over and over again. You kinda need to participate heavily in all but sPvP in order to get a Legendary, and every other area of participation has other rewards.

I’m sorry to say it, but if you don’t see anything to do, then this might not be the game for you.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Sorry but.. Go back to WoW. If you don’t enjoy the content pre-80 you probably won’t enjoy the content post-80.

In GW2 you have to make your own goals. And you don’t really seem interested in any of it.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

(edited by RainbowSyrup.4130)

Posted by: SpiritBorn.7398

SpiritBorn.7398

if u havnt noticed this game isnt like other mmos…they have no “end game” content….its all just doin dungeons for gear which is all the same stats and no gear is really better than the other which is kinda lame…u can do instances which there is no point tho unless u just wanna get gear that looks “pretty”…lol…this game got boring as soon as i hit cap.

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Cool armor = dungeons
Cool weapons = grind lodestones

Want top gear right away? Buy exotics off TP or else fight horrible RNG drops for ages.
Do dailies everyday, eventually get ascended gear, soon the weapons and armor also

Basically your done with the game, now you just go for aesthics and pointless achievements

Welcome to GW2 PVE

This.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Ladies and gentleman; players like the OP are the sort of player that Arena.net has to cater to in order to pay off their larger investment of manpower and development.

Now does many of the company’s decisions pertaining to GW2 development make a wee bit more sense?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

if u havnt noticed this game isnt like other mmos…they have no “end game” content….its all just doin dungeons for gear which is all the same stats and no gear is really better than the other which is kinda lame…u can do instances which there is no point tho unless u just wanna get gear that looks “pretty”…lol…this game got boring as soon as i hit cap.

You realise you bumped a 4 month old post right? How did this happen, did you accidentally hit on page 100 or something? I’m just curious lol. O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

this game just start after lvl80. dungeons, wvw, fractal, mini dungeons … because i enjoy only wvw lvl1-79 is just a pain in my kitten. i hope they will let wvw players to buy tome of knowledge and i will buy character slots to lvl up more professions

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I only read the title so forgive me if I repeat anything you’ve already stated but you can finish your story. You got wvw. You can always roam the map and do champs and those lil orange events that constantly reset. Uh, you can always do those escort missions, those are all over the place. Uh, you can always explore and find hidden content. Uh, you can discover all of the shaded area’s. Uh, you got pvp and spvp. You can Dragon farm. You can do temples. Uh, you can do dungeons and fractals. Oh yeah, oh yeah, you can work on your legendary ( Good luck with that ). And you can do the new content thats added every two weeks.

Mannnnnn thats a lot of stuff you can constantly do. There seems to always be something to do in this game and it’s constantly growing.

OMG ! I almost forgot, you can do fractals and Guild Missions if you are in uh guild. I’m saying all this assuming you’ve gotten 100% map completion, if not, then you can work on that as well.

This is all I’m coming up with right now but I’m sure there’s more that can be done. There’s always something to do in this game, which is why I’m such a big supporter at the moment.

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Update ! You can craft !

Something else I like to do is set personal waypoints in the open world and head towards that direction and kill stuff in the process. Thats a fun way to farm IMO plus you’re bond to run into something you missed or something new.

I’ve noticed that from time to time GW2 adds stuff to their open world. That’s cool.

(edited by GuildWarsPlayer.5608)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Just do all the Living Story content they added the last 12 monthes. They added content every two weeks. Just imagine how much stuff that is. This should entertain you for a fairly long time.
Oh, wait…

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Use your imagination.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Just do all the Living Story content they added the last 12 monthes. They added content every two weeks. Just imagine how much stuff that is. This should entertain you for a fairly long time.
Oh, wait…

See, there’s something I failed to mention. Oh yeah ! You can skin hunt and create your own look !

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Did I mention dailies and monthlies ? Don’t listen to the haters man there is plenty to do in this game !

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Some of the cool armor is found in the gem store, some is crafted, some are from dungeons…

I recommend trying some dungeons, try WvW (historically Im a steadfast PVE player but WvW is freakishly fun…)

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Another complaint and entitlement thread yes? I want x,y,z but don’t have anything to do cuz I don’t want to do it.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I don’t get why you guys are replying to this post, it was made 4 months ago! Obviosuly the OP has either left or found what he/she likes to do in the game by now….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?