I invited my friend to play but wrong server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magrider.3294

Magrider.3294

I invited my friend to play WVW but he pick wrong server, then he can’t transfer to my server even though delete all characters, He was telling me he can access my server as a guest, maybe becuase he is free player, so he bought the game but still can not transfer. is that mean GG? I AFK 5 years, I forgot choosing a server is so differnent with other game. Dan.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I believe you can only transfer to a new world once every seven days. I’m not sure how it works if you go from free-to-play to a full account, though.

If your server is full, then your friend isn’t likely to be able to join it anytime soon. They could try joining a server that is currently linked to yours in wvw, which would allow you to kind of play together. Otherwise, all they can do is wait and see if your server’s wvw population ever goes down.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

if your server is full for wvw . then yes he can guest but that is it but you can transfer to his sever if you like for wvw.

and most of the full servers like magmas and so forth been full for a while now. not sure when they will even be open again .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Evga.2471

Evga.2471

You can transfer to a new server. When you click on World Selection you’ll see Guest and Transfer next to it. You do however have to pay a fee of 1,800 gems to transfer to a new server. And like RoseofGilead said “you can transfer to a new once every seven days”; I think.

(edited by Evga.2471)

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

cant u just delete all your characters and change servers ?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

You can transfer to a new server. When you click on World Selection you’ll see Guest and Transfer next to it. You do however have to pay a fee of 1,800 gems to transfer to a new server. And like RoseofGilead said “you can transfer to a new once every seven days”; I think.

unless it is a low level population server then it is only 500 gems

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

This.
If he’s a new one the best Way is to reroll on your server.
Tell him to put everything into the Bank and then gg.

Boost him through dungeon runs full buffed ( maybe cof mastery farm could be a fast Way to get back a capped character )

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This.
If he’s a new one the best Way is to reroll on your server.
Tell him to put everything into the Bank and then gg.

Boost him through dungeon runs full buffed ( maybe cof mastery farm could be a fast Way to get back a capped character )

Yea but that wont work if OPs server is full then s/he have to do the switching.