I just can't decide, help me please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Enzane.7821

Enzane.7821

I played ele for a while, got full exo gear and asc jewelery – then i stopped playing for like 6-7 month and started last week with a thief because i wanted a new start. I am 80 already, got weaponsmith on 430 and leatherwork on 420, but i kinda miss my ele, i dont know which one i should make my main in the end. Since i want to craft asc gear / weapons …

can you help me to make my choice? which one is better at spvp, wvw, pve and so on? give me your opinion pls

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Play both, decide which you find more fun, roll with it. There’s no reason not to have lots of characters in this game.

Posted by: Enzane.7821

Enzane.7821

you say i just should play both without deciding which one should be my main?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That’s pretty much what I did in the end. I loved my ele, but my warrior took over completely. Then I realised months later I still loved my ele, so now they get equal play time.

I discarded the notion of a main in this game a long time ago. Play who you want to at any given time

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Decide which parts of the game you find most interesting. Decide whether the Ele or Thief is better at it (Hint: if you’re farming big events where AoE is king, Ele > Thief). Make that character your main. Once you’ve geared them up, if you;’re still inclined, gear the other one.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I have eleven characters – one of each class, plus some extras because I wanted to play radically different builds without having to switch all the time.

It never hurts to make more, only costs time and a bit of money.

That said, you will still probably want to keep a “main” character, that is min/maxed for especially challenging content such as fractals. Generally something robust at performing many different roles such as the Elementalist.

At least, that’s what a main character means to me.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

They’re both very good in all areas of the game.

There, I made it easier for you. :P