I just realized something

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

We have done how many Major living story events, we destroyed the molten alliance, the aether alliances, the clockworks invasion, and even nuked a giant towering plant/tower. and what have we received at the end chest. NOTHING! thats what.

Way I see it we should of been finding a 1 time chest like we had during the Karka invasion event. Full of exotic bags and weapons and gold and precursors! Anyone who did that story was jumping for joy when we were getting 3-4 exotic weapons and armors and a very good chance at a precursor. If we had more chests like that poping up ever now and then I imagine people won’t be so sore about how hard it is to get 1. even if you didn’t get the 1 you needed the gold you could get off it would help you buy the one you did need.

So why has this amazing chest never appeared again anet? That was the kind of chest we cheers for after a long hard story. We felt rewarded!

#ELEtism

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Didn’t people kitten a brick over the influx of precursors or something? I took a break during that whole debacle.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Didn’t people kitten a brick over the influx of precursors or something? I took a break during that whole debacle.

Also several other problems including the length of the event.

Just dumping gold into the economy is probably not going to help anyone buy anything either.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

People pitched a fit that everyone got a loot bag who was at the finale, except those who got dropped due to the technical issues. And some people didn’t get credit for some reason, so they didn’t get a bag.

And then all that needed to happen was some people posting they got precursors for the clouds of annoyance to kick into “tornado of discontent”.

Add to that rumors left around how some people scored two reward bags? Pitchforks and torches.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

There are still four more updates before “the end” of the current LS arc. It’s a little premature to complain you didn’t get anything at the end when the end hasn’t happened yet.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

All of civilization is under threat of annihilation from unimaginably dark forces, and those with the strength to fight are are worrying their weapon just isn’t cool enough.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

All of civilization is under threat of annihilation from unimaginably dark forces, and those with the strength to fight are are worrying their weapon just isn’t cool enough.

“I know, I know, it’s a flaming sword but you know it’d be better if it had a name, you know? Like ’Flamingdeath, reaver of souls.”

“. . . you know you’re a guardian right.”

“Oh, so maybe ’Flamingdeath, savior of souls?”

“I’m not talking to you anymore.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Anyone who did that story was jumping for joy when we were getting 3-4 exotic weapons and armors and a very good chance at a precursor. If we had more chests like that poping up ever now and then I imagine people won’t be so sore about how hard it is to get 1.

If everyone has super-powers then nobody is a super hero.

People on my server have a knack for acquiring legendaries (and by requirement precursors) and I see them so kitten ed often that I have absolutely no interest in getting one for myself. They aren’t anything special at all. If ANet made precursors drop like you are implying then all servers would have this problem.

No thanks. Things are precious because they are scarce.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Screw this I want it to glow with fire and spit lightning. The rest of you can save the world.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

there is nothing cool about striving for months to make something that puts you in an exclusive club where everyone wields the exact same weapons.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Khisanth.2948

Add to that rumors left around how some people scored two reward bags? Pitchforks and torches.

Not a rumor. I know at least 1 person(need to check with the other, memory is a bit fuzzy) who got at least 2. Didn’t do him a whole lot of good though. Still had to buy his precursor many months later.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Yes, there were people who got more than 2. server hopping for the event based on times zones.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

a guildie of mine got a precursor from that chest. he sold Carcharias for like 14g.

Khisanth.2948

Yes, there were people who got more than 2. server hopping for the event based on times zones.

Server hopping? I am guessing you weren’t actually there …
Also no hopping necessary. The “extra” came from when they tried to fix the issue with people participating but didn’t get credit because disconnects and other problems.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Wasn’t that difficult, you just had to switch character and get into an overflow where the event hadn’t finished yet.

It was early days of the game though, so most people only had one level 80.

The area did upscale at that time, but the rewards were to your level, so although I did manage to get two 20 slot bags out of it, there was no second chance for a precursor (I got “The Briny Deep” with my one 80).

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

All the while you’ve never felt more apathetic towards a story.

That has to be an Academy Award material unto itself!

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Screw this I want it to glow with fire and spit lightning. The rest of you can save the world.

Next living story event, “The Reign of Korossive.7085”. Bear arms heroes and defeat the fire-y lightning spitting villain!

Posted by: The Bartti.9368

The Bartti.9368

Well, on 21 Jan we might also see chest like that

Stormcrow.7513

Server hopping? I am guessing you weren’t actually there …
Also no hopping necessary. The “extra” came from when they tried to fix the issue with people participating but didn’t get credit because disconnects and other problems.

No there were people in my old server that were moving to other servers that still had the event going on. Since, at that time, there was no fee for switching servers, some people got 3 chests. One from initial event, one from server hop and one from Anet screw up. To Anet’s credit though, they fixed the issue very fast when they realized what was going on.

Stormcrow.7513

Well, on 21 Jan we might also see chest like that

No, you will get Two Blues and a Green.

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Anyone who did that story was jumping for joy when we were getting 3-4 exotic weapons and armors and a very good chance at a precursor. If we had more chests like that poping up ever now and then I imagine people won’t be so sore about how hard it is to get 1.

If everyone has super-powers then nobody is a super hero.

People on my server have a knack for acquiring legendaries (and by requirement precursors) and I see them so kitten ed often that I have absolutely no interest in getting one for myself. They aren’t anything special at all. If ANet made precursors drop like you are implying then all servers would have this problem.

No thanks. Things are precious because they are scarce.

This. There are already too many of them out there. But ya, it isn’t funteyi g to get this weapon after months of trying BUT when you do get it, you’re way more satisfied and accomplished and you realize the work played off. Its a legendary for a reason.