I just want an apology for an unjust ban

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inferno.2315

Inferno.2315

Was unjustly banned for “selling gold” yesterday. They restored it today and all I asked for was an apology. Support won’t give me one for some reason and told me come post here seeking one from the devs.

Can I just get an acknowledgement that an error was made and that you’ve corrected it and that you will do your best not to let it happen again in the future? Is that too much to ask?

note to mods Support specifically told me to post here on the forums where most people will see it so I am*

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

The only thing that’s happening here is that you got some poor harassed support line worker written up. Well done.

Inferno.2315

Or alternatively I called attention to their methods of banning and showed that in some cases they are not working thus improving the process for everyone, reducing future incidents and thus helping said worker in the long run. Well done indeed!

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I worked for Microsoft for a short time. In our training, they told us explicitly to never ever ever apologize to the customer for doing something wrong. We could say “I’m sorry you have had a bad experience”, but we could NEVER admit wrongdoing, as it could be used against us in a lawsuit. It made me hate working for them.

The employees might want to apologize but can’t. Still there are ways to show sympathy.

Posted by: Suziana.3759

Suziana.3759

Where do you get your self entitled attitude from? Your account restored. People are human. Humans make mistakes. Deal with it and move on.

.//Suz

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

just be glad you can play again.

don’t expect an apology, at least you know they are banning and even though you were banned for the wrong reason you had an impressively quick turn around to get your account back, well done to the support team!

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

What clark said is true.

My friends girlfriends brother works at blizzard and he cant apologize to customers either if a mistake is made.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I wouldn’t expect a personal touch from their support. It’s cold, mechanical copy and paste 99.9% of the time.

If support was more like Gaile Gray, things would be so much better.
It’s things like this that turn people to pming her instead of going to support like they’re supposed to because sometimes you just want someone to acknowledge that they’re actually doing something about it.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Support (and the world in general) doesn’t owe you anything. They made it right. Move along.

Inferno.2315

I would actually accept an “I’m sorry you had a bad experience”. Just…ANYTHING. I don’t think asking for an apology is self entitled.

I get the basic premise of not being able to for legal reasons but in this case I think that’s a bit overreaching. If the issue has been resolved already then there isn’t really any reason or cause to sue…

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

What clark said is true.

My friends girlfriends brother works at blizzard and he cant apologize to customers either if a mistake is made.

My cousin’s girlfriend’s friend’s uncle’s sister’s son-in-law’s co-worker’s best-friend’s fiancee works at anecdotal name brand too, and she’s in the same boat! How weird is that?

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Let. It. Go. It’s over. You’re back in the game. Get over it. They screwed up, so what.

Posted by: Trevino.2034

Trevino.2034

They have made this ban to MANY people. They would need to apologize to a good amount of people. Since you got your account back, let it go and keep playing, most likely, you aren’t getting an apology.

Inferno.2315

I think you’re right in thinking that I won’t get one.

But I certainly won’t get one if I don’t ask for one.

Posted by: Trevino.2034

Trevino.2034

I understand you want an apology. I’m just saying, your chances of receiving an apology are as slim. I believe they’re just having a hard time figuring out how to ban actual gold sellers.

Posted by: Esturk.2183

Esturk.2183

I know right. Anytime I make a mistake, I just correct it and tell the person to get over it. I mean, why should I be sorry. kitten them.

Inferno.2315

And this case should at least help them in that regard. More specifically how to NOT ban people who aren’t gold sellers. They should take this as a blessing and say whoa look we can learn something from this and improve the game. It shouldn’t be a case of hey let’s ignore it and it will probably go away because it won’t. Never has, never will.

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

What clark said is true.

My cousin’s girlfriend’s friend’s uncle’s sister’s son-in-law’s co-worker’s best-friend’s fiancee works at anecdotal name brand too, and she’s in the same boat! How weird is that?

Had a feeling someone would say something like that lol. But yep its my friends girlfriends brother.

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

I think the act of giving you your account back counts as admitting they made a mistake and appologizing…

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Where do you get your self entitled attitude from?

It’s called his/her opinion of things and standing up for what he/she believes is right. That is what freedom is about. He/she was wronged, doesn’t look to sue, just wants an “I’m sorry”, what is so hard about that?

I’ll start, I’m sorry OP that you had to go through an unjust process, seriously. Good to see they figured it out in just a day and not weeks.

That said I have seen many apologies given out at the forum from Anet, Gale most likely leading the way. They have shown care.

And that said, the class thing is to do it via PM, no need to bring the drama.

(edited by Horrorscope.7632)

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Where do you get your self entitled attitude from? Your account restored. People are human. Humans make mistakes. Deal with it and move on.

Humans that make mistakes apologize too.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-expect-more-dev-communication/first#post1178563

I made this topic a few days ago, the devs here really don’t acknowledge their mistakes, at all. I support the OP.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Nothing wrong with asking for an apology guys. There is no entitlement issue or anything like that. His account was banned wrongfully and he is simply asking for a simple “Whoops we are sorry. Our mistake”. Is that so wrong? Have people become so cold hearted these days that admitting to a mistake and apologizing for it is bad?

The OP deserves a simple apology. There is no harm in that and nothing wrong with it. I mean heck, even support told him to come here and get one (which is rather bad that they did that instead of just apologizing themselves).

If your girlfriend cheated on you but you continued the relationship afterwards, wouldn’t you at least expect an “I’m sorry I slept with your uncle” before moving on?

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

(edited by SpyderArachnid.5619)

Horrorscope.7632

Nothing wrong with asking for an apology guys. There is no entitlement issue or anything like that. His account was banned wrongfully and he is simply asking for a simple “Whoops we are sorry. Our mistake”. Is that so wrong? Have people become so cold hearted these days that admitting to a mistake and apologizing for it is bad?

The OP deserves a simple apology. There is no harm in that and nothing wrong with it. I mean heck, even support told him to come here and get one (which is rather bad that they did that instead of just apologizing themselves).

Right on. I’ve apologized to a customer of mine today, of not giving them enough information on eCommerce Cart options they could consider as they look to add one to their website and I’m pretty indirect on the process. Apologies aren’t nads or first born, they show we care and are free.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Right on. I’ve apologized to a customer of mine today, of not giving them enough information on eCommerce Cart options they could consider as they look to add one to their website and I’m pretty indirect on the process. Apologies aren’t nads or first born, they show we care and are free.

This. Fixing up an error isn’t an apology. If I knocked over someone on the street, you’d expect me to help them up, then, apologize for knocking them over.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Inferno.2315

Thanks to those who are supporting. If there was more communication from the devs this probably would never have become an issue.

I also ask because I WANT them to do better and succeed because I play and enjoy the game they created.

Horrorscope.7632

This. Fixing up an error isn’t an apology. If I knocked over someone on the street, you’d expect me to help them up, then, apologize for knocking them over.

Well in your analogy that is entitlement. LOL I kid, you’re exactly right.

People are their entitlement card these days.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Support won’t give me one for some reason and told me come post here seeking one from the devs.

Trolled by the Anet support staff…. classy.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Was unjustly banned for “selling gold” yesterday. They restored it today and all I asked for was an apology. Support won’t give me one for some reason and told me come post here seeking one from the devs.

Can I just get an acknowledgement that an error was made and that you’ve corrected it and that you will do your best not to let it happen again in the future? Is that too much to ask?

note to mods Support specifically told me to post here on the forums where most people will see it so I am*

The response from the agent was slightly off kilter. He said to posts suggestions in the Suggestions Forum; instead you are posting to ask for an apology. I think it should be clear that you were not told to come post here to demand an apology.

The fact is that your account was hacked and the hacker used it to advertise a gold sales site. Your account was closed to protect it. Our agent researched the case, reinstated your account, and provided you with tips on how to maintain better personal account security in the future. You then asked for an apology.

Now, we cannot apologize for the hacking incident, as the issue was not on our side. We cannot apologize for the fact that the account was used for gold sales advertising, because again, that was not our issue. If it caused you some sort of distress to be told the details of the incident, or to see the change in status from “Gold Seller” to “Hacked Account” before its ultimate restoration, then of course we are sorry.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)