I like halloween but...

I like halloween but...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

it is somehow lacking this year. I loved the Labyrinth and the mad king fight instance. I finished the achievements in about 24 hours. It doesn’t really grant you anything but a candy corn cob.

You need 100 of them to get a mini. 100,000 candy corn is out of my reach. I suppose I could buy it all for around 400 gold. I guess there is still an ice cube’s chance in hell to get a nice drop from or a ToT bag or champ bag.

I guess Halloween is over, for me anyway. I’ll still do the dailies and labyrinth. I love them. It’s still kind of disappointing though.

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

Also, the ToT bags don’t really produce anything valuable or desirable.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Zarael.9107

Zarael.9107

You need 100 of the candy corn cobs only for the most expensive mini. There are others, assuming you don’t have them already.

As a returning player, it is a little disappointing to me too since it seems to be exactly the same as it was the first year. But I’m pretty sure they didn’t have time to add anything new because they were busy with the new xpac.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

TBH I feel this halloween has been on par with all except the first (which was much better). I agree the achievements were lackluster but at least they brought back the mad king dungeon.

I also feel the amount of candy corn cobs needed for gwyn is about right. Its horribly grindy but thats necessary when you consider the excessive RNG of the mini last year.

Imo halloween bags do produce things of value. I like some of the new skins, especially the hammer and the mini dog is cute. Its just a shame they are all RNG and therefore you are better off buying them from the TP than farming.

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

TBH I feel this halloween has been on par with all except the first (which was much better). I agree the achievements were lackluster but at least they brought back the mad king dungeon.

I also feel the amount of candy corn cobs needed for gwyn is about right. Its horribly grindy but thats necessary when you consider the excessive RNG of the mini last year.

Imo halloween bags do produce things of value. I like some of the new skins, especially the hammer and the mini dog is cute. Its just a shame they are all RNG and therefore you are better off buying them from the TP than farming.

There’s always going to be a guy who seems to get everything easy (with RNG) but for a lot of people They just have to open too many ToT bags for it to be attainable.

Let me just reiterate: I like Halloween in GW2. It’s one of the few remaining things in the game I get excited about.

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

You need 100 of the candy corn cobs only for the most expensive mini. There are others, assuming you don’t have them already.

As a returning player, it is a little disappointing to me too since it seems to be exactly the same as it was the first year. But I’m pretty sure they didn’t have time to add anything new because they were busy with the new xpac.

Still love Halloween. I still think it’s wrong to price people out of a holiday mini. Perhaps you disagree and that’s fine.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Still love Halloween. I still think it’s wrong to price people out of a holiday mini. Perhaps you disagree and that’s fine.

Do you remember Halloween last year? There were several people that opened thousands of bags to get that mini, while I think that it should never have happened like that, it unfortunately did. 100,000 candy corn is a lot more reasonable than 10,000 bags. Simply because there is a guarantee on the mini now.

(I just want to point out before any of the math guys come out, my statement is actually slightly false. If you were to open 10,000 bags you would actually have about 90,000 candy corn (average drop according to wiki), but I think when you consider the guarantee it balances out.)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

Do you remember Halloween last year? There were several people that opened thousands of bags to get that mini, while I think that it should never have happened like that, it unfortunately did. 100,000 candy corn is a lot more reasonable than 10,000 bags. Simply because there is a guarantee on the mini now.

(I just want to point out before any of the math guys come out, my statement is actually slightly false. If you were to open 10,000 bags you would actually have about 90,000 candy corn (average drop according to wiki), but I think when you consider the guarantee it balances out.)

Your defense of the developers is “it was way worse last year”. That is a poor excuse in my opinion. This is supposed to be holiday reward content. 10,000/ 400gold/ 100,000 candy corn is unreasonable for too many people.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Your defense of the developers is “it was way worse last year”. That is a poor excuse in my opinion. This is supposed to be holiday reward content. 10,000/ 400gold/ 100,000 candy corn is unreasonable for too many people.

That’s a valid point, because past Halloweens have had some ridiculous numbers going on. I have mixed feelings about this mini in particular—On one hand, I wish it had never cost so much to begin with. On the other hand, a lot of people got really invested in their quest for it, so I don’t want Anet to devalue it too much.

There are people who are upset it costs so much, as well as people who are upset it costs so little. We can talk about how much it should have originally cost, and how this situation could have been avoided, but that doesn’t fix the situation as it is. People are going to be unhappy either way, so it’s a balancing act.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

They do imo. I got some cool pumpkin head hammer from it on my first day. It was worth 17g on TP at the time

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

They do imo. I got some cool pumpkin head hammer from it on my first day. It was worth 17g on TP at the time

So I’ve heard, but RNG can be kind or cruel. You got lucky gratz.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

It’s a seasonal mini, not everyone needs one, at least now the people who want it can actually work for it. Even if it is unreasonable.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

I like halloween but...

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Does anyone know how long the Halloween event will last for?

I like halloween but...

SHM.7628

It’s a seasonal mini, not everyone needs one, at least now the people who want it can actually work for it. Even if it is unreasonable.

Well, at least you admitted it’s unreasonable.

I like halloween but...

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

What about those necklaces that can salvage into things that make your character glow?