I like the foil wrapper lottery, but...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brent.1580

Brent.1580

It is a little too fire and forget for me. You turn tickets in and then hope that maybe you’ll get some mail. But if you forget about it and get nothing it’s pretty anti climactic.

I think it’d be improved if it was more like a lottery where you get a number on each ticket, and the numbers are announced at a certain time, in some public area of Lion’s arch, on some billboard.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Yeah, that is what a raffle is all about. I mean, outside of getting a notification that you won, it’s nice to at least have a bulletin post on Lion’s Arch saying who are the lucky ones.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

that could lead to mail/whisper spam to said people who won too though.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m… not sure it would be the most enjoyable thing to make a majority of participants actively engaged in finding they won nothing.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Is the lottery done already or what? I have not received any notification about it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Is the lottery done already or what? I have not received any notification about it.

Here is the announcement: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Skritt-and-Halloween-Weapons/first#post4537936

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It is a little too fire and forget for me. You turn tickets in and then hope that maybe you’ll get some mail. But if you forget about it and get nothing it’s pretty anti climactic.

The alternative:

“Dear Brent.1580,

“Today, we doled out the wonderful and weird Hallowe’en skins from our in-game lottery. Approximately 960 lucky Tyrians are now reading their mail from us describing their great fortunes and methods for collecting their prizes.

“The rest of the in-game populace is also receiving a mail. This mail. Congratulations!

“Thank you for playing!
“Sincerely,
“ArenaNet Contest Division

“P.S. If you have any questions, please refer to the following link:
" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ "

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I think they should do something. I hate it when I get all hyped about something then a month later I’m just sitting there going, “So uh.. I seem to remember… I guess it already happened or something…”

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would like to see a list of winners or it didn’t happen.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I would like to see a list of winners or it didn’t happen.

Its save to say prices will drop slightly for a few weeks as soon as the lottery prices are send out. Unless all the winners have quit GW2 because Gwynefydds abyssmal droprate.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.