I liked my town clothes.

I liked my town clothes.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

It’s true, there are people out there who actually liked them. I’m not here to whine about how we can’t mix and match, because somebody already made a rather loud thread about that.

I just wish I could dye mine. Now that they’re a tonic, you only get default colors. I liked my blue town clothes, and they’re gone forever.

Is there a particular reason why the town clothes cannot be made into an outfit? I really don’t see why not. You’re going to have people running around as pirates and cooks and stuff, so why not in casual gear?

Makes no sense to me.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Cerai.9741

Cerai.9741

Yes, This disappoints me greatly as well. I can mange the tonics, I cannot manage the bland colors… These looks meant something to me, I will miss them immensely

Attachments:

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

RIP Black/Purple sk8ter witch… :<

Attachments:

NSPride <3

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

RIP in Peace Apprentice Itch, the Wicked of the West.

Attachments:

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I miss them too. I went from 4 town outfits to 0 in a single patch. Needless to say, I applied for a full refund of the items.

I miss my Chauncey von Snuffles III – matching outfit!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

I was very disappointed when I started the game and found out there were no other sets of town clothes to buy. Fighting in many possible outfits is fairly stupid looking to me. Still can’t think of good reason to get rid of town clothes switch.

Had money making idea for town clothes. I think one reason for lack of demand was no space to put them in when you spending gems. Other reason was there were no outfits need at least 10 or 20 sets with mix and match to find different presences for demand.
Ether make town clothes drops and make money off of people buying bank slots to put them in. Or make a tab in bank like crafting materials and the old pvp locker so that gem buys don’t take up space.

As you have non combat type potions developers understand many town clothes outfits especially dresses would be silly as combat skins in battle. So give us a swap like old again. Maybe even give us a armor alt set to switch to or even a whole secondary combat set up swap. I’m tired of swapping out gear manually to switch form zerg equipped set for WVW (staff healing stats) to my solo and small group set of gear more resistance no healing with scepter and focus to go with my sword and shield alt.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I loved my town clothes.
Why do I now have to put up with bland tonics that are not dye- able?
Who dies their town clothes abyss and red or mud colored?

I still don’t understand why- if they had to make them into tonics- why didn’t they not just convert the mix we had equipped to a tonic? Not some generic outfit that no one would wear?
It can’t be because of clipping or whatever because we already had it equipped.

the only upside of this is that I can now use my broom with my armor- small bonus for me never wearing town clothes again.

I want a refund too- will be making a ticket

Gunnar’s Hold

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Gwen.7981

Gwen.7981

I posted these in another thread, but I guess they’ll work here too. Memories from a better game…

Attachments:

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Koberius.7190

Koberius.7190

So this may sound like a stupid question, but I have to ask: how do I go about requesting a refund for my two sets of town-clothes?
I loved my mad-king and chef outfits but I really don’t like this new system at all.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Been wondering that for awhile myself, too. This is not what I paid for. How do we do refunds?

I liked my town clothes.

Gwen.7981

Refunds like getting your money back? You can’t.

Refunds like you get gems back? You can submit a ticket.

It’s for this reason that I refuse to buy anymore gems. ArenaNet has just shown that they will alter/delete the things they will sell people for cash, and offer nothing in return except a coupon for other virtual stuff you don’t want.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

You can ask for a cash refund, but they will most likely terminate your account.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

No mater what we did, ArenaNet did not care, did not listen, with the same reply over and over again.

It’s lack of respect for party of the community, just because it’s one minority doesn’t means they are not players who deserve to be respected and their opinions heard.

For me i feel sad clothes are gone, i requested my refunds for Outfits and right now i am worried is about World Bosses, that had the biggest change that forces PvE players to really change the way they play. Since this strict timers that do not care about people who can’t play much every day that works/studies to how events are being attacked by massive zergs of people that turns one before nice experience to one lag experience.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: waltercross.5392

waltercross.5392

The town Clothes we bought with Gems are gone?, can’t we get refunds for that?

I liked my town clothes.

Gwen.7981

You can ask for a cash refund, but they will most likely terminate your account.

Yeah, I kind of got that vibe from some other threads.

Let them rip me off and I lose my cash and my single-piece town clothes, or ask for a cash refund and have them terminate my account along with all of the other cash items I already paid for.

What a deal

(…guess it’s option 1 then…) :/

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Avaruu.5408

Avaruu.5408

nvm found it. kitten .

Change is real weird tho.

(edited by Avaruu.5408)

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I didn’t really use town clothes ever but I had a Celebration Hat from the beginning.

I didn’t get any kind of tonic or anything and Black Lion traders have nothing for me. I don’t know where my hat is and it isn’t in my transaction history anymore.

I find the whole change really ridiculous… but I do kinda want my hat back.

Talk to a Black Lion ARMORSMITH. He will change your Town Clothes into the new system. (Your hat should reappear). You are LUCKY with your hat… they became SKINS. You can apply it to ARMOR now and wear it all the time if you like. Your other town clothes will be an unchangeable, undyable tonic now, that lasts a whole 15 minutes.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Yeah, I kind of got that vibe from some other threads.

Let them rip me off and I lose my cash and my single-piece town clothes, or ask for a cash refund and have them terminate my account along with all of the other cash items I already paid for.

What a deal

(…guess it’s option 1 then…) :/

I would take that with a grain of salt.

Game companies generally do not terminate accounts solely for asking for a cash refund. Generally, they will terminate accounts for asking for an unusual number of cash refunds, being belligerent, threatening or executing chargebacks, etc.

I liked my town clothes.

Gwen.7981

I would take that with a grain of salt.

Game companies generally do not terminate accounts solely for asking for a cash refund.

Yeah, but would you risk it? O_o

(I’ve read more than enough posts where people have complained of someone they know getting perma-banned for asking for their cash back. It’s seemly like it is common knowledge that you have to let them bend you over a barrel)

From my point of view, unless you’re ready to quit the game cold turkey and move on to another MMO, the only option to fight back against this kind of behavior is to stop spending cash on their micro transactions permanently.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I simply want the items I bought. Cargo shorts and Ornate blouses.

I would not have purchased Khaki outfit tonic nor Ornate outfit tonic, I do not want them now, and they are unacceptable substitutions for what I purchased. I do not purchase tonics.

I cannot believe that they thought this would be acceptable.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

I liked my town clothes.

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there, since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic right now, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions comments and concerns here “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits