I look for a reason

I look for a reason

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: bonyeh.8735

bonyeh.8735

Now I have been enjoying this game, from the second I started playing and I still am. I am however left with a reason for why I spend hours farming for gear getting my character ready.. which brings me to the main question..

what am I getting ready for?

Now before people start getting worked up about a cry out for end game content, or a WoW concept of doing things… I am merely curious

I look for a reason

Posted by: Dubblebass.8519

Dubblebass.8519

Because it if fun working for something [gear]. I like working toward gear even if it isn’t for the next big dungeon. I am gearing out my 2 80s now. I WvW with one and manly PvE with the other.

Kieron Asbjorn – 80 Guardian | Saiuri – 80 Elementalist
Xylani – 80 Ranger | Osoroshii – 80 Warrior
GoM [LGG][COI]

I look for a reason

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

You’re waiting for the next tier of raid dungeons to go live. Make yourself comfortable, you’re going to be waiting a long time.

I look for a reason

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Now I have been enjoying this game, from the second I started playing and I still am. I am however left with a reason for why I spend hours farming for gear getting my character ready.. which brings me to the main question..

Now before people start getting worked up about a cry out for end game content, or a WoW concept of doing things… I am merely curious

What do you want to do? GW2 provides many options, almost all of which can be accomplished with easy-to-obtain gear. If you have a desire to get the best stats, then once you have those stats all of those things-to-do are still there.

I look for a reason

Posted by: SkuulzaO.8012

SkuulzaO.8012

World versus World.

I look for a reason

Posted by: Treadstone.2564

Treadstone.2564

You weren’t getting ready for anything. You were playing a video game!

I look for a reason

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

I know what you mean …

I couldn’t wait to get my (OP ofc) Warrior to 80 …I spent over 10gold to get her from lvl 62 to 80 in a day (crafting)…

I was soo excited when I hit lvl 80, I rushed to LA, got my Dungeon Exotics Armor and Weapons …and then I realised …

WHAT THE HONEY BOO BOO am I supposed to do now o.O ?

(she’s not even my main …just made her cuz Warriors are OP in PVE …but I passed over 75% PvE with my Ele ..soo it’s kinda boring to go trough same Maps/Quests/Vistas/PoI again …. )

In GW1 game just started on lvl 20 (max lvl) ….here ..max lvl is actually only real Achievement..

After that all you have left is WvW ….or Legendary Grind…

You don’t need 100% Map Completed if you’re not aiming to grind for Legendary…

I look for a reason

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The answer is always WvW for every thing you can ask! Well that or Spvp if you cant stand the new gear.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

I look for a reason

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I recently hit 80 and if I hadn’t put it on hold for Super Adventure Box I’d be in the process of getting a full set of exotics at the moment.

I already know that when I’ve got it I’ll go back to doing pretty much exactly what I was doing before – mainly exploring the map but also finishing off my Personal Story, doing dungeons, WvW and so on. The only new thing is that I’ll also be working on getting nice skins to put on that armor where before I never worried about it.

And I’m ok with that. I’ve never looked at upgrading my gear as a goal, it’s just something I do to make the other content slightly easier and faster. That’s actually why I’m doing it ASAP (after SAB because that’s only here for a short time), it’d be a bit pointless to get better gear after I’ve already done all the content.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

I look for a reason

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Theoretically you’re getting ready for the next dragon. If you finished your personal story you’d know there are dragons still out there. Zhaitan is just one of them and not nearly the most powerful.

All the same problems for the races exist that existed before. You’re getting ready for what comes next.

I mean, why does batman get ready for stuff, after he catches a criminal? Because there’s always another criminal out there.

I look for a reason

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

We’re getting ready to fight Trahearne(who is secretly Vizier Khilbron) and his horde of brainwashed pact disciples. With the dragons awakening, He saw this as an opportunity to win the heart of Tyria by taking the credit for the killing of Zhaitan. You also fight Destiny’s Edge before you finally reach him, you must put them out of their misery since their assassinations; the Lich Khilbron who saw this as yet another window of opportunity to raise his perfect champions. However It all boils down to a Mursaat conspiracy dealing with the extinction of all life on Tyria. The dragons which are actually the guardians of Tyria, saw this evil coming from ages in the unknown prophesies.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

I look for a reason

Posted by: bonyeh.8735

bonyeh.8735

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate people taking the time. Like I said up top I’m not fishing for a different concept i merely thought i’d get some inside on whats to come if I keep playing the game, what kind of changes and new content will be available within the next year or 2

I look for a reason

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate people taking the time. Like I said up top I’m not fishing for a different concept i merely thought i’d get some inside on whats to come if I keep playing the game, what kind of changes and new content will be available within the next year or 2

My guess is a lot of stuff that will move the narrative forward is the living story stuff, which has started slow, but might well ramp up. There are also supposed to be new events. At some point I’m sure they’ll be a paid expansion.