I love the new levelling system, but

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

it’s exceedingly hard to get XP once you hit mid levels (30+). I am glad that Anet is making the move away from grinding out the same farming over and over in low level areas like Queensdale giving incentives to get area/world completion and completing your personal story. But to hit level 30 and needing over 170,000 XP for the next level and your main source of XP is 20xp for a kill, 100-200 xp for a heart or 2xp for gathering is a bit extreme. Overall I love the changes. But I think new players in particular are going to turn away from the game once they hit mid levels. Progression just feels like it’s going to take an eternity.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Pretty sure that’s a bug. Let’s hope they fix it in the monday patch.

Posted by: Draaq Cz.9642

Draaq Cz.9642

I was with my new alt lvl 28 in edge of mists yesterday. For capturing castle 200XP, for killing guard 26-60XP.
So I can confirm this insanity in leveling curve.

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Wait what? I need now to do full map completion to get to lvl 80? ! :O Did that change come from China as well?

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

it’s a bug that’s been reported by a lot of people. to get around it, save your ps until the affected level, as the PS seems to be the only thing that gives the correct amount of exp during the level that is bugged.

After you level past it, it’s all back to normal

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Gimli.9461

it’s a bug that’s been reported by a lot of people. to get around it, save your ps until the affected level, as the PS seems to be the only thing that gives the correct amount of exp during the level that is bugged.

Oh , thank god. Thanks for the tip!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

If there is a known bug with XP I would hope they give correct PS XP retroactively since you can’t go back and get that chunk.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Fragcake.6372

Fragcake.6372

and what the hell is PS?

Gimli.9461

and what the hell is PS?

Personal Story, I think.

Posted by: Guen.3180

Guen.3180

I decided to create the new character simply to see what the beginning looks like. So I haven’t used the birthday exp scroll and I leveled like a person new to GW2 would do it.
Here are my thoughts:
Leveling to level 10 is pretty anoying. I had to do 72% of map in Queensdale. Gathering blocked till lvl 9, skillpoints bocked. While getting to lvl 5 to unlock vistas was not that hard, getting to level 10 can be hard for new players.
Remeber they won’t have resources to buy equipment on tp, they have limited skills.

Blocking personal story to level 10 was a mistake. Create two level ranges or lift the requirement.
I know ANet wanted to nerf key farming this way but the way you did it discourage new players. Personal Story is a nice source of experience just change the reward at level 10 instead of bloking the story.

Copy pasting the content changes from Chineese version won’t be good for you ANet. Players in EU and NA have different playstyle than Chineese players. You can’t forget that or you will loose more and more players.