I love this game so much

I love this game so much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Trying to convince my friends to buy GW2 and listing off everything that makes me play GW2 over any other game has made me realise just how much I adore the game.

• Amazing quality graphics
  • Great gameplay experience
  • fast paced, fun combat mechanics
  • Absolutely no pay to win aspects in terms of competitive advantages
  • Amazing, friendly community (for the most part)
  • diverse and fantastic lore
  • casual enough to please weekend warriors, but with enough content to keep most people busy and engaged
  • fun and well balanced PvP
  • I could go on and on
  • Played practically every single day for 8 months now and still find the game as fun as I did on day one

Thank you, ANet, for making a game I can truly be at home with. It’s easy to tell Tyria was crafted with passion and care, and I’m so very thankful to the person who convinced me to start playing. I just hope I can keep convincing more people to play every day.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

(edited by rapthorne.7345)

I love this game so much

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Are you talking about the different GW2?

I love this game so much

Posted by: Mea.8967

Mea.8967

Are you talking about the different GW2?

Heeere we go :-/

And FWIW OP, I agree with you.

I love lamp.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. There are certainly a great many things this game gets right.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

I love this game so much

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

agree with OP…don’t mind the haters ^^

I love this game so much

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Outside of the Zerg and the “mandatory ´zerker meta” the original innovative vision of the game still shines bright and is as compelling as it was back then.

I´m also quite taken again with it, just doing dailies and the “zerg light” experience in daily event zones.
But I´m also avoiding the new waste maps like the plague, just like any type of dungeon speedruns.

Polish > hype

I love this game so much

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Agreed with OP, but my favorite feature is sPvP games where everyone has access to the same gear and has no level difference. I hated losing matches in WoW to people just because they out geared me. =/

I love this game so much

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Love the game

Don’t love the drops

I love this game so much

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Give it time.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

+1 Love the game…

RNG is debatable

I love this game so much

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

love the game

non human armor quality is debatable

I love this game so much

rapthorne.7345

love the game

I love my Charrdian’s armour.

Not tried light/medium, though

I love this game so much

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Welcome to the club! Granted sometimes I take a break due to RL stuff this is the only MMO i’m playing since i tried the beta 2.5y ago

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

I love this game so much

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

+1, it’s nice to see positive feedback and i also love the game despite any problem it might have.
I took 1-2 month brakes now and then (twice beacuse of computer breakdown) but this is my longest played mmo so far and i don’t see myself leaving it in the future.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Swami.4691

Swami.4691

In on GW2 appreciation thread.

Only been here for about the past ~8 months as well.

Absolutely love the personal story, especially the voice acting. I will definitely be excited when the last quest doesn’t require a party to complete.

Dungeons / Queue finder are very fun and very well done. I do wish they had a couple more cinematics in front of dungeons, like they did for Ascalonian Catacombs. Thought that one was kittening epic the first time I saw it.

I know a lot of people have their gripes but I actually do like the economy for the most part. I like the scarcity of gold, especially coming from games like WoW where everyone has a ridiculous amount of it.

Gem store is pretty sweet too, doesn’t drive people away who don’t have much cash to burn.

Absolutely LOVE the graphics and the gameplay. Holy kitten. The game is BEAUTIFUL in my opinion, even 2+ years after release. I also really like the artwork and the music.

Combat is so much fun. Not having holy trinity makes end game content so much more challenging and engaging. I don’t know how to explain it but mechanics are so smooth and intuitive. Fast-paced and hella polished… It’s like they created a perfect marriage between hack and slash and skill-based RPG’s.

Overall I’d easily give the game a 9/10. It has been an awesome ride, and I can’t wait for HoT to drop.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

love the game

I love my Charrdian’s armour.

Not tried light/medium, though

and thats exactly my problem… medium and light can be borderline insulting at charr but lets not de-rail that cheerfull topic with a weave of salt

I love this game so much

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Got to agree with the OP, played the game almost every day since the 3 day pre-release and still look forward to logging on every night. I’m still upset at taking summer holidays and missing GW2 while away in the sun!

One other point i’d like to note. I bought a second account a few days back while on sale, logged and invited myself to the guild I run with a friend. Before I could tell anyone it was an alt account guildies started whispering me offering help with levelling and anything else I might need! The third or fourth whisper actually brought a tear to my eye, what an amazing community we have here.

Only one thing missing imo - bunny ears!! haha

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

OP confirmed for having terrible taste

I love this game so much

Posted by: Grimm.2513

Grimm.2513

I am a new(ish) player and agree with TC and have converted a few friends as well.

I used to work at a video game retailer, and always told people looking for a decent MMO to try GW2, despite the fact that I couldn’t play it myself cuz my computer wasn’t capable ( though I was able to play the original ). Everyone I turned on to it always came back and told me they enjoyed it, and when I finally got a PC capable of running it, I was ( and am still ) hooked.

I love this game so much

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

It might not seem like it, but I am actually very happy you are enjoying the game as much as you are and more importantly I hope it continues to hold your interest. More importantly I hope that should you ever have a concern regarding the game that you are listened to and valued.

Same goes for all of the new and quasi-new players exploring the world and game modes.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

I love this game so much

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

New-ish player myself (one month) and I’m really loving this game.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

I love this game so much

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Trying to convince my friends to buy GW2 and listing off everything that makes me play GW2 over any other game has made me realise just how much I adore the game.

Yup, me too.

Thank you, ANet, for making a game I can truly be at home with. It’s easy to tell Tyria was crafted with passion and care, and I’m so very thankful to the person who convinced me to start playing. I just hope I can keep convincing more people to play every day.

^^And this^^

I love this game so much

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Outside of the Zerg and the “mandatory ´zerker meta”…..

• If you CHOOSE to follow the WB train (or play in EotM), you CHOOSE to participate in Zerg activities.
  • If you CHOOSE to play in Dudgeon Pugs, you CHOOSE to be required to use Zerk gear to get in those PUGs.

Beyond that, I’ve never been FORCED to join a Zerg or put on Zerker gear. You definition of “mandatory” needs some rethinking.

The game is far from perfect, but all this hype about being “forced” to do something you don’t want to is pure BS. There is certainly a more “efficient” way to play the game, but short of Dungeons and Fractals every player is free to do as they choose in terms of gear, builds and feeling “pressured” to play as other do does not constitute a “Mandate”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

I love this game so much

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

love the game

I’d say Sylvari (and some Asuran) is best, human armour is so terribly generic.

Glad other people enjoy the game though, as much as I do.
And I am as non-meta as it can get – I just love healing power stat. :P

Attachments:

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

I love this game so much

rapthorne.7345

Outside of the Zerg and the “mandatory ´zerker meta”…..

• If you CHOOSE to follow the WB train (or play in EotM), you CHOOSE to participate in Zerg activities.
  • If you CHOOSE to play in Dudgeon Pugs, you CHOOSE to be required to use Zerk gear to get in those PUGs.

Beyond that, I’ve never been FORCED to join a Zerg or put on Zerker gear. You definition of “mandatory” needs some rethinking.

The game is far from perfect, but all this hype about being “forced” to do something you don’t want to is pure BS. There is certainly a more “efficient” way to play the game, but short of Dungeons and Fractals every player is free to do as they choose in terms of gear, builds and feeling “pressured” to play as other do does not constitute a “Mandate”.

This guy gets it.

Just because a portion of the community want to do everything as fast as possible and miss out on the mountains of detail, asmosphere and awesomeness in the game doesn’t mean that those factors are not there, just that some chose to ignore them.

I ran a full level 35 p3 ac the other day, and it was loads of fun and pretty intense, rather than rushed and boring like speed runs are, this is just one example of where efficiency impedes enjoyment.