I'm curious what everyone thinks.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Questions for everyone

Please respond to the following five questions with simple Yes or No answers. I know everyone has opinions on why they feel the way they do and we have so many of those post already, I’m hoping this thread can provide a sample of opinions in a very simple uniform way.

Yes or No only please

1. Were you satisfied with the Guild Wars 2 launch and your first week of play?

2. As of today, do you think ArenaNet has done a good job of taking care of bugs, communicating with their customer base and making most players happy?

3. Are you still recommending Guild Wars 2 to friends?

4. If no new content has been released will you still be playing Guild Wars 2 six months from now?

5. Overall would you say Guild Wars 2 delivers as the game you envisioned it to be?

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

1. yes
2a. yes
2b. no
2c. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes

Posted by: Snarky Snarf.8463

Snarky Snarf.8463

yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

1 Yes
2 supergodofthefelinekingdom No
3 No
4 Yes
5 No

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Posted by: elocke.7132

elocke.7132

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

Yes or No only? What are you, a lawyer? No, you’ll get my answers as they are and LIKE IT mister.

1) Mostly. I forsaw a lot of problems I had anticipated from beta, but enjoyed it, mostly. (“Yes.”)

2) Yes, about very specific things. In all other areas, no. (So “No.”)

3) No. Fun till late game; quickly loses its appeal.

4) Absolutely not.

5) No. It ended up being what I thought it’d be, though, to my own disappointment.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Posted by: Licht.5168

Licht.5168

1. Y
2. Y
3. Y
4. N
5. Y

Xarinn – Warrior L80 – 400AS/400WS
Sanctum of Rall
“Quaggan’s a piwate! Yarr!” – “Pirate”

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. No
5. No

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Posted by: AlphaMyk.8692

AlphaMyk.8692

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Posted by: datheway.8364

datheway.8364

1.Yes
2.No
3.No
4.No
5.No

Posted by: Sprinkles.6748

Sprinkles.6748

1-5. Yes

15char

http://www.pwnzerfaust.com/ – Dragonbrand

Posted by: Mrkraken.6791

Mrkraken.6791

1. mostly, Yes
2. a. Yes, b. Yes, c. No
3.N/A (no one to tell)
4.No
5.No

Posted by: Apnea.2684

Apnea.2684

1. Yes
2. No
3. Kind of
4. No
5. Yes & No

Posted by: Imperial Thor.5487

Imperial Thor.5487

Yes

2. As of today, do you think ArenaNet has done a good job of taking care of bugs,
communicating with their customer base and making most players happy?

Mostly yes, However could be better.

Yes

4. If no new content has been released will you still be playing Guild Wars 2 six months from now?

Yes

5. Overall would you say Guild Wars 2 delivers as the game you envisioned it to be?

Mostly yes, I do not like the DR and it’s punishing legit players since it’s easy to get around so it becomes more of a issue to real players than it does to the bots more so to those that don’t know how to force the reset.

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

1. yes
2. no
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes

Posted by: ErkiB.8375

ErkiB.8375

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Yes

2. As of today, do you think ArenaNet has done a good job of taking care of bugs, communicating with their customer base and making most players happy?
It’s doing a better job than AoC – I ran away screaming from that game because of all the bugs. Of course I would like to see less of the little kittens, but I’m not too frustrated.

Depends. I have one friend who is a wow fanboy till the day he dies. I don’t ever recommend new games to him, to prevent him from giving me a wow-is-fantastic-speech. Otherwise: yes :p

Yes.

Yes.

Posted by: furyBear.8367

furyBear.8367

1.Yes
2.Yes, but they have to work harder dealing with bots.
3.Yes
4.Yes
5.Yes

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yes

No (About 50/50)

No (I don’t have many friends that would play anyway or already are)

No (really depends by “content”, fixing DE’s, adding more build variety/customization, more pvp options, then yes)

Yes (give it a 7, it’s still great, but had too many dissapointments to make it a 9-10)

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: Robotsonik.4935

Robotsonik.4935

Yes

Some things have been handled well, but I feel it’s a No overall

Yes

Probably not. Grinding for skins won’t keep me around without actual content.

It’s everything I expected it to be after tempering the PR buzz with realistic expectations.

Posted by: gduber.9756

gduber.9756

1. yes
2a. yes
2b. no
2c. yes
3. yes
4. no
5. yes

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

1. Yes
2. I’d like to say yes, but there’s more glitched stuffs than at launch..
3. Yes
4. Maybe, I can’t forsee what I will have done that far.
5. Yes

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

1. Yes & No (but two weeks after -Yes. Now a month… meh*).

2) Eh.. like telling us what they’re going to fix on the next patch?… that’s straight up ‘No’. It’s all “when it’s ready”, so from a customer’s perspective – a HUGE no I may add.

3) No. 1-5 liked the game… I personally like it, but it’s like recommending hockey to my Asian friends; more time it’s going to miss than hit.

4) Not possible, but the answer is no.

5) Never really get the what it means by “is it what it’s set out to be”…. It was how an MMO was always meant to be made, but IMO I think this game came out too late in its era; we sort of all got over the phase of how ‘an MMO was suppose to be’ – for most of the gamers who were looking for something revolutionary, this was not it.

But like I said, the game gives a fresh look. I find GW2 casually entertaining in a different way, although I might also add that this feeling is not consistent (sometimes I can enjoy it sometimes I can’t).

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

These issues are too complex for a yes or no answer to provide useful information.

Posted by: Xanthus.7362

Xanthus.7362

1. Were you satisfied with the Guild Wars 2 launch and your first week of play? Yes

2. As of today, do you think ArenaNet has done a good job of taking care of bugs, communicating with their customer base and making most players happy? Yes although to be quite frank im not sure about the bugs.

3. Are you still recommending Guild Wars 2 to friends? I would

4. If no new content has been released will you still be playing Guild Wars 2 six months from now? in 6 month’s? yea i would.

5. Overall would you say Guild Wars 2 delivers as the game you envisioned it to be? at first i was like its not that intresting and i liked WoW still more but ikitteneep playing and reach higher levels and unlock more things it gets better.

Posted by: Raithron.1582

Raithron.1582

1. Very. It was a mysterious new world I was entering, and I was very pleased with the Graphics/Gameplay/Story/Combat/Questing. However I did encounter a problem with framerate due to my laptop not being plugged in…
2. Yes, especially with the recent update.
3. All the time!
4. Hard to say, I doubt that will happen though. They have spent years on this, not time to abandon it now!
5. Definately, I am very satisfied with my $60 purchase. Still having a blast with it!

GUILD WARS 2 BUDDY!

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

1: Yes.

2: A: Yes. In my time since release i’ve only been hit by 3 major roadblock bugs. Everything else has been smooth. (Done every single zone 1-80) B: Could be betetr communication. C: Yes, most players IN GAME are happy. Forums would seem otherwise.

3: If my friends played these games- yes.

4: Yep. Pvp!

5: Yes. Non-standard gameplay. PvE is nice and simple (sometimes challenging). However, PvP is what I really imagined. I saw pvE as the side game, and thus far it hols true for me. Now that I’m 80 it’ll be non-stop WvW.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

1. Yea, it was pretty fun.
2. Hah! No!
3. Never have and never will.
4. Hah! No! I haven’t played in weeks as of right now, I can’t even bring my self to launch the game.
5. Sort of.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

Posted by: Terrant.2903

Terrant.2903

To be honest, your questions can’t be accurately answered with yes or no, so I think this is an unfair study. it’s like the old comedian’s question “Did you stop beating your wife yet?” Both yes and no give horrible results. But…

Yes. I will add the caveat that the grouping issues upset me a lot though.

Yes. Compared to other developers the response is generally quicker and more transparent.

Yes.

No. I expect to have exhausted all current content by then

Yes. I came into this with reasonable expectations and was not disappointed.

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Mostly (WvWvW has been too ‘forced’ ballanced)

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

Did you guys not understand yes or no answers? Please do not explain your answers.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

Posted by: Vyzare.3907

Vyzare.3907

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

Game was fun until 80. Now at 80 it’s either make alts for stories I don’t really give a kitten about, or farm* content for gear that doesn’t really matter.

*Farm meaning run the content very sparingly or suffer DR’s on it. I suppose I could go to non 80 areas, but the rewards from them are already so low as to not be worth it anyway.

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. No

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

1. Yes
2. Not at all… Yes… and No
3. Absolutely
4. Most likely
5. More Yes than No

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Question 2 has 3 questions, so it isn’t fair to answer it with 1 yes or 1 no. This is a typical way to skew results of polls one way or another (prob unintentional but still a flawed poll) so I’ll answer EACH questions you asked and dismiss the results for questions 2.

Yes

2. As of today, do you think ArenaNet has done a good job of taking care of bugs, communicating with their customer base and making most players happy

1. yes 2. no 3. subjective but yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Posted by: Kozai.8269

Kozai.8269

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes

Note that #2 is really three questions, I’d say yes to 2a and 2b but I’m less confident of 2c from what I’ve read on the forums. Then again my experience with game forums is that those who dislike something are more likely to come complain, those who are happy are busy playing the game.

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

Posted by: Craven.5468

Craven.5468

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

1. yes
2. yes
3 no, because i want it to be perfect for them
4. yes
5. I hit diminishing returns on this one so an N/A will do!

I joke, I joke.

5. Is a mixture of yes and no – it gives me what I like, but not necessarily what I expected. More tuning of bosses please, with more mechanics!

Posted by: deriver.5381

deriver.5381

1. Y
2. Y
3. Y
4. N
5. Y

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

You want only yes or no, but polls are useless and prone to misunderstsnding without the reasoning behind the answers.

1 Yes, the begineer areas are fun while you are learning
2 Not sure about this, but leaning towards ‘No’. I’ll give them a little more time.
3 No, my off-line friends got much, much higher standards, as they should.
4 No, I think I might once in a while, but only to experience the beginner 1-15 areas, and only because I don’t have money to buy other games right now.
5 No, not at all, I wasn’t expecting such dull game play and story. I got much higher standards than this silly game.

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

y
n
y
n
n

gangnamstyle

Posted by: Yocchan.8902

Yocchan.8902

1. Yes
2. Sadly, no. They were better at this during the beta than now, it feels like they don’t have enough people to handle everything.
3. Yes
4. No
5. Yes

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

YES, until the first set of bans(?) came out, and my account was locked for 12 days without reason) after the 3 day head-start, despite being level 2, and had just spawned in metrica province with 24 copper in my pocket. When i finally regained access, it had been 14 days. So first week was non-existant for me. up until the large surge of botting, it has been a fun experience, though.

Some skill points were broken for me for a few weeks. Some events in Fireheart still are broken, i think, so if they don’t plan on fixing things, it’s a one-handed way of keeping players coming back, even if only to complete them finally…

I did for the first week (while my account was closed, in hopes that when my account was freed up, they would be waiting for me), but since then, not at all.

Possibly. I want to help other players when possible, though on Henge of Denravi, it might be a lost cause. I will play for awhile, but maybe put it under the heat lamp while i go play Assassin’s Creed, or something.

[i]many of the anti-farming stuff and botting started while i was still in the 70-80 level range, so i did not know of many changes until searching the forums for answers and things to read. I have to say, compared to how the game is currently (meta?), the first 2-3 weeks were perfect and full of bliss. lots of new players, some already in Orr and enjoying themselves – no complaining, and lots of positive vibe in chat. but now the wall of anti-anything hits, and it’s probably bugging other players. i am starting to feel the burn of the zerging going on, and my connection with the in game community is waning.

chat has been reduced in some areas to politics and other childish banter (though funny to read). some of the chat i like to read along with, and spend my game time idling in outposts reading the chatter, because it seems more interesting to me than killing Risen for an hour. I could go to WvW, but on Henge, the queues are full (maybe its peak hours?) and i am not really a PvP person. helping lowbies is fine, but when i attempt dungeons with guild mates, my lack of skill ends up burning all my silver, so i am stranded in Orr scraping by to be able to leave. to hit up the trading post. i could go to the one in Cursed Shore, but it is always nice to way point OUT of Orr, even if for 10 minutes.

i think changes to the game are being made, but too fast for me to keep up. one minute, i am doing just good enough to survive out in Tyria, next day, maybe not so much luck with that. it is a very confusing time for me, and i wish the changes would slow down for everyone to feel what is changing as they play.[/i]

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

1.Yes
2.No
3.Yes
4.No
5.Maybe