I'm drowning in Bloodstone Dust

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

And also Dragonite Ore. I have way too much of this stuff, it’s filling my bank and filling my character’s bags. I can’t sell it on the trading post, and so far its only practical use seems to be making ascended weapons, while I don’t yet have the crafting skill for, and even when I did I’ve have more than enough dust to fully equip all my characters.

We need to get something else to do with Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Ore. Even just being able to vendor it for a reasonable amount would be better than what we’ve got. Being able to craft them into a potion, or being able to Forge them in some useful way into some other type of material would be awesome. Considering how necessary Obsidian Shards are to making use of them, maybe let people dump four piles of Bloodstone Dust into the Forge to get back a handful of Obsidian Shards or something.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Simply reduce the amount of bloodstone dropped. Or you want to make champ-trains even more profitable?

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Ohoni.6057

They could reduce the drop rate, I’d be fine with that, but then players who really needed a lot of Bloodstone Dust would have to do a lot of deliberate champ farming, which I don’t think would be a good idea.

done by now.”

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’m not suggesting a huge nerf, something along the lines of 20%. That would not fix the problem of excess dust, merely alleviate it. I’m good at pointing out problems, not finding solutions!

But seeing how every high fotm lvl player still has plenty of useless rings…

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

why not transform it into sellable items and sell them at the TP? those are currently pretty expensive

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

why not transform it into sellable items and sell them at the TP? those are currently pretty expensive

Supply and demand. Everyone is up to their eyeballs in Bloodstone Dust. Why would anyone want to buy more Bloodstone Dust (or Bloodstone Dust related products) from someone else? This item’s drop rate is so incredibly high that the only real way to get rid of it would be some way to simply destroy it and get it out of the economy entirely.. such as giving it a vendor price (or ability to convert it into something else).

Perhaps make some consumable items that require a stupidly large amount of the dust could be a fix as well… just something that can consume the tens of thousands of Bloodstone Dust that everyone has in such a very short period of time (of not even trying to farm the crap).

Besides… where did all this Bloodstone Dust even come from? Within just a couple weeks more Bloodstone Dust has dropped than I would have thought the Bloodstones could even account for.

Posted by: DarkCreator.9481

DarkCreator.9481

just let people sell it to npc for 1-2 coppers and problem should be solved

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Some of the problems have very easy solutions.

This would be an adequate solution for most, I would think. Then at least they’re not just trashing it and still getting something out of it, however minimal it might be.

And this one has an easy solution too. There’s no reason Ascended gear can’t be salvaged for Ascended materials now. Like into Empyreal, Dragonite or Bloodstone with a chance for the refined versions of each, or a chance of one of the time gated mats and a very slim chance for a Vision Crystal or anything long these lines. This would go with the above mentioned solution of being able to NPC the lower common mats.
I know I’d salvage my useless rings if they had a chance to give me a decent Ascended mat.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Since bloodstone dust cannot be sold, it doesn’t matter how much of it floods into the game. Thus it will never be nerfed.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I doubt anyone would be hurt by a reduction in the drop rate. I’m a very casual player and I never farm anything if I can help it. But even I’ve got a stack of dust and another 100 or so in my bank.

The really annoying thing is my highest craft (apart from jeweller) is only about 200 so it’s going to be a very long time before I can even convert it to bricks and alleviate some of the problem that way.

I don’t want to just delete it because it seems like a waste, and in case they do give us an alternative but I think once I get over 500 I’m going to have to start doing that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

What I would like most are forge recipes to convert between ore, shards, and dust. I don’t care how terrible the conversion rate is.

Alternatively, I wouldn’t mind breaking down T7 materials into T6 materials.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Since bloodstone dust cannot be sold, it doesn’t matter how much of it floods into the game. Thus it will never be nerfed.

They added the wallet which solved the problem of all the various currencies taking up bank/bag space, even though those are account bound and cannot be sold. They might come up with a similar fix for dust. I don’t think anyone would mind what they do exactly, as long as they get it out of our inventories/banks.

Even if it wasn’t worth anything on the TP making it tradable would be a big help for me because then I could put it into my storage guild bank instead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

if it’s so easy to get then just delete it… if you need more, it’s so easy to get…

amazes me how people can make a problem out of nothing

(edited by Flubble.8093)

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

They need to put other ascended mats in those champion boxes. With a rare chance for the upgraded mats. That would solve part of the problem, then make it so the mats can be vendored and no more wasted bag space. But we all know what that means and that’s not what they’re known for.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Instead of reducing the drop rate and punishing everyone, why not just delete it? I don’t understand hoarders and pack rats that can’t perform such a simple function.

DarcShriek.5829

They need to put other ascended mats in those champion boxes. With a rare chance for the upgraded mats. That would solve part of the problem, then make it so the mats can be vendored and no more wasted bag space. But we all know what that means and that’s not what they’re known for.

Deleting the dust will also solve your wasted bag space problem. Why can’t you just delete it?

DarcShriek.5829

They added the wallet which solved the problem of all the various currencies taking up bank/bag space, even though those are account bound and cannot be sold. They might come up with a similar fix for dust. I don’t think anyone would mind what they do exactly, as long as they get it out of our inventories/banks.

Even if it wasn’t worth anything on the TP making it tradable would be a big help for me because then I could put it into my storage guild bank instead.

You could just delete the dust.

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

I would wait to call for a nerf on bloodstone dust till ascended armor comes out,just might require a ton of it……..I have a bank tab full so I just delete any I receive now.

DarcShriek.5829

I doubt anyone would be hurt by a reduction in the drop rate. I’m a very casual player and I never farm anything if I can help it. But even I’ve got a stack of dust and another 100 or so in my bank.

The really annoying thing is my highest craft (apart from jeweller) is only about 200 so it’s going to be a very long time before I can even convert it to bricks and alleviate some of the problem that way.

I don’t want to just delete it because it seems like a waste, and in case they do give us an alternative but I think once I get over 500 I’m going to have to start doing that.

Rather than punishing people by reducing the drop rate, why not just delete your dust?

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Instead of reducing the drop rate and punishing everyone, why not just delete it? I don’t understand hoarders and pack rats that can’t perform such a simple function.

Because as soon as people start mass deleting, it will become sellable to the merchant and on the TP and people who have enough money can then buy it. Even if it sells for a few copper that’s a profit over deleting if you have stacks and stacks. .02×250×20 is 1 whole gold.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Dust is fine – just delete it

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One should always think of Murphy’s Law when making suggestions. You know if they do nerf it, we will then have threads saying they can’t get enough. When you consider there is such an easy fix already, deletion of excess, I see no reason to involve ANet in this.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The problem with the wallet is that it’s impossible to get anything out of it for crafting or mystic forge. Some forge recipes used, I think, fractal relics, and they had to be switched out for something else. Besides, I think Anet wants to force us to buy shards to reduce the inventory burden.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Make a conversion recipe for Bloostone Dust to Luck.

Solved. (with a decent ratio.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Deleting the dust will also solve your wasted bag space problem. Why can’t you just delete it?

Is this your first rodeo? there’s a reason why people horde items. As soon as you delete them, anet will make add a recipe or something making them useful again. It’s happened many many times in the past and it will continue to happen.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Make a conversion recipe for Bloostone Dust to Luck.

Solved. (with a decent ratio.)

that’s a great idea

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

50k piles. And increasing

Soon, I’ll transform it all in bricks U_U

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i dont think they should be nerfing the drop rate that much as new players will have to grind so hard to get an ascended gear and weapons. im a wvw player so getting the stupid wood and all that is already annoying. at least we have easy access to dragonite and, the e.fragments and bloodstone dust…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Why should they make champ farming even more profitable than it already is? Just destroy them if you have too much.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

They should use them for Halloween recipes.

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

alternatives: user side
1. delete
2. refine
3. make alt, deposit to alt inv

alternative: anet side
1. vendor tradeable, but not tp-able
2. wallet-friendly
3. forge-able

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

What I would like most are forge recipes to convert between ore, shards, and dust. I don’t care how terrible the conversion rate is.

This is what I’d like to see. Give us Mystic Forge recipes to change one type of Obsidian Refinement material into another.

Something like 50 Material A + 1 Material B + 10 Crystals + 1 Obsidian Fragment = 10-20 Material B

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Stop, drop and roll.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Yep, would definitely be nice with a conversion recipe for ascended crafting mats (BSD,DO,EF). Have started running up multiple (5-10+) stacks of each and if you could i.e. take a stack of one of these materials along with a crystal, mystic coin and something else to create a Glob of Dark Matter for example, that would’ve been a good way to manage an unruly stock of Ascended materials.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Best solution is to lower their drop rate and lower the numbers needed for crafting. Only reason I see Anet made them so annoying is because they wanted to force people to waste up money and craft into the 450s or waste bank space.

… I still want tengu.

Ohoni.6057

See, I ticked my crafter up to 450, thinking I could make bricks with it all, just to clear some space, but each brick not only costs 15s to make, but also requires an Obsidian Shard, which is much harder to come by. If they add a new recipe using Bloodstone dust, it needs to be cheap to produce so that you can knock off dozens of the things without breaking the bank.

if it’s so easy to get then just delete it… if you need more, it’s so easy to get…

amazes me how people can make a problem out of nothing

I just have a strong aversion to wastefulness. I hate to throw anything away that might have any value to it. Sure, it’s easy to get now, but who knows, maybe it’ll be harder to get at some point in the future. If that happens, I’d hate to think I just binned thirty stacks of it.

You would be fine with Anet punishing every player in the game just so you don’t have to delete dust you will never use. That’s selfish.

It wasn’t my preferred solution, I’d just be fine with it if it happened. You seem to have a very serious problem with any talk of nerfing the drop rates though, so I think you’ve got that side of the discussion cornered.

One should always think of Murphy’s Law when making suggestions. You know if they do nerf it, we will then have threads saying they can’t get enough. When you consider there is such an easy fix already, deletion of excess, I see no reason to involve ANet in this.

I don’t think nerfing is the best solution, but they should do something on their end, preferably giving them some tiny return value. I mean, a month ago, I would take greens and blues and sell them to a vendor for coin. Now, I salvage them for Luck. I don’t begrudge that I sold so many of those items over the past year, but if they were unvendorable and I’d been deleting them to clear space, I would now feel bad that I had been chucking such a now useful resource.

This is what I’d like to see. Give us Mystic Forge recipes to change one type of Obsidian Refinement material into another.

That would do no good. I already have more stacks of Dragonite and Emperyals than I can do anything with too (about maybe ten stacks of the former and two stacks of the latter, plus a few of each converted into the refined versions). If you could at least make something useful out of Vision Crystals then I’d be set.

done by now.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

They could reduce the drop rate, I’d be fine with that, but then players who really needed a lot of Bloodstone Dust would have to do a lot of deliberate champ farming, which I don’t think would be a good idea.

Yeah .. at the moment i have over 1000 Fragments and Dragonite, but barely 300 Bloodstone, so now i have to go farm champions again .. and i don’t really like it that much that i could do it for longer than an hour.

If people have to much they should just destroy it instead of asking for a drop nerf.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Maybe make ascended weps and the mats for them tradeable this would increase the demand and use for them.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

^^ This.

I’m lousy at jumping puzzles, so my only way to get shards is farming them 2-3 at a time from world chests. Painful!

Meanwhile, I have 30 bloodstone bricks.

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

make bloodstone salvageable or mystic forgeable or something
/ profit

i literally have a bank tab and a half full of it and 4 stacks in my inv

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Bloodstone dust is straightforward since it is a non-currency. Everyone has more of it than they need. It currently only exists to occupy bag slots as it needs extreme play to collect enough dragonite and empyreal without getting excessive bloodstone. So you can just delete the excess dust. If you are really worried that it will become rare in the next patch you can keep a couple of stacks in your bank.

Dragonite and empyreal are more useful and if you feel that you will eventually craft ascended items then you should probably keep some. It’s 500 of each for an ascended weapon so it is up to you whether you keep 500, 1000, 1500, or even more.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Yes, everybody delete them. That way when they actually make them worth something, I’ll be the king of bloodstone dusts!

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Some of the problems have very easy solutions.

This would be an adequate solution for most, I would think. Then at least they’re not just trashing it and still getting something out of it, however minimal it might be.

And this one has an easy solution too. There’s no reason Ascended gear can’t be salvaged for Ascended materials now. Like into Empyreal, Dragonite or Bloodstone with a chance for the refined versions of each, or a chance of one of the time gated mats and a very slim chance for a Vision Crystal or anything long these lines. This would go with the above mentioned solution of being able to NPC the lower common mats.
I know I’d salvage my useless rings if they had a chance to give me a decent Ascended mat.

These are the best suggestions for this problem (dude above you has it right with the selling as well).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’m not suggesting a huge nerf, something along the lines of 20%.

Anet made an adjustment along those lines a while back with Soft Wood Plank requirements, and now it’s causing some problems. Bloodstone bricks may have a higher use rate for Ascended armor or something as well, in which case the amounts might balance out, or they could be a major part of the precursor crafting that Anet keeps dangling in front of us. Best thing to do is get a crafting profession of the right type up to 450 and turn them into bricks and wait.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Andre.4063

Andre.4063

I got so much of bloddstone stuff in a few Days while doing champ train.
They are wasting my bank space and i have already deleted over 2500 of it.
I dumped it to a low lvl caracter but when i started to play on that I needed to delete it.
NERF IT or something!

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Bloodstone dust is the new Karma.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

IDK, While I don’t like how much of it I have I just delete what I don’t need atm. I think that more recipes are needed for it, and also for it to see use in forge recipes would be good too.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

And also Dragonite Ore. I have way too much of this stuff, it’s filling my bank and filling my character’s bags. I can’t sell it on the trading post, and so far its only practical use seems to be making ascended weapons, while I don’t yet have the crafting skill for, and even when I did I’ve have more than enough dust to fully equip all my characters.

We need to get something else to do with Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Ore. Even just being able to vendor it for a reasonable amount would be better than what we’ve got. Being able to craft them into a potion, or being able to Forge them in some useful way into some other type of material would be awesome. Considering how necessary Obsidian Shards are to making use of them, maybe let people dump four piles of Bloodstone Dust into the Forge to get back a handful of Obsidian Shards or something.

As a primarily WvW player nowadays…I wish I was drowning in Dragonite…my bank is full of Empyreal and Bloodstone dust…but not Dragonite

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

t6 mats never been more expensive. Time for mystic forgre recipes to make t6 mats with bloodstone dust.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Anet should just introduce ASAP the Jeweleer Crafting Level 500 and allow for us to craft also with the new T7 materials new ascendent upgrades that should require the new T7 Mats to produce the items needed to craft the new ascendent upgrades lettign the crafting here instantly begin with crafting Level 400 instead of 450 what you need for the weapons to refine those t7 materials into something useful for crafting.

How could Anet just forgot to give them game also something, that can drain out of the flow the massive amounts of the new t7 materials ?
Just reducing the drop rates alone won’t work. Anet has to add to the game a better item sink method for those dusts. thats the only real working solution by increase Jewelers to 500 too.

If you could use up the tons of piles of bloodstone dusts to create out of them *"Bloodstone Jewels" which could be used together with orihalcum hooks ect. and orihalcum imbued inscriptions to create that way "Excellent Bloodstone Rings, Earrings, Amulets and so on to allow us to craft our own ascendent accessoires finally, then we would have a problem with the massive amounts of bloodstone dusts at all.

Self crafted accessoires, which would be then also sellable over the TP, unlike the ones that you can trade of for laurels, laurels + ectos ect.

I really can’t believe, that Anet has given to these materials so high drop rates and absolutely didn’t think of a good way to instantly remove also the huge amoutns of these items out of the game in a way that a player can make use out of them…

Adding 500 to Jewelers, Anet could use grandmaster jewelers also as a way to introduce their changes to the sigil and rune system (heard something a time ago that Anet wants to change somethign there) and let grandmaster jewelers become the craftign job, that can improve as only crafting job the crafted sigils and runes of lower tiers from the other craftign jobs to the next higher tier…

Example:

Jeweler takes Minor Sigil + Material 1 + Material 2 + Material 3 = Major Sigil
Jeweler takes Major Sigil + Material 1 + Material 2 + Material 3 = Superior Sigil
Jeweler takes Superior Sigil + Material 1 + Material 2 + Material 3 = Ascendent Sigil
Jeweler takes Ascendent Sigil + Material 1 + Material 2 + Material 3 = Legendary Sigil

Thats what I personally expect from Anet to implement to make up for the games quality system to become perfect and gapless.
Jewlers are the only job, which can’t craft Sigils and Runes, so they should be the crafting job, which takes the Sigils and Runes to the highest quality while the other crafting jobs provide for them just the income of lower tiered sigils and runes, so that having a grand master jeweler somewhere around you would be a bit more useful for the game, in a game where you can easily get your pregiven ascendent accessoires by just running fractals or tradign them in for laurels >.>

Jwelers need a better reason for existance, because as long as max stat accessoires are so easily receiveable through activities that have nothign to do with the craftign job, Jewelers are basicalyl just a pointless craftign job.

With becoming the only craftign job, that could refine superior sigils and runes to higher quality levels than exotic, they would gain again a purpose for existance in GW2.

ANet would basically hit 2 birds with 1 stone with this change.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside