I'm drowning in Bloodstone Dust

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The Stain.4169

The Stain.4169

I agree there is too much bloodstone dust…but that is not the problem.

The problem is that Anet feels the need to throw unannounced changes into the game that completely upset the economy and resource allocation of the game.
A short time ago everyone was swimming in karma and was not sure what to do with it. With some unannounced reprogramming, suddenly it is precious and virtually impossible to get in adequate quantities for many purposes,,,ie,,,legendary weapons.

I mention this, because it applies to the bloodstone dust issue. People who don’t need the amount they have (practically all of us ATM) are afraid to just delete it. We are afraid to delete it because we don’t know when/if Anet is going to pull some unannounced BS to manipulate the game’s economy (again) and nerf it into the ground.

So I have like 10K bloodstone dust…afraid to get rid of any of it…because Anet keeps changing the basic rules of the game…

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I’m lousy at jumping puzzles, so my only way to get shards is farming them 2-3 at a time from world chests. Painful!

I’ll make you a suggestion. I have two of my characters where every day I run two jumping puzzles, Umaug’s Secret in Lion’s Arch, and Under New Management in Southsun. These are both relatively simple, almost impossible to die on, failure at any point should only set you back about thirty seconds, and each can be completed in under a minute. They are also both very conveniently located. There are a few other similarly easy JPs that are a bit harder to get to.

As a primarily WvW player nowadays…I wish I was drowning in Dragonite…my bank is full of Empyreal and Bloodstone dust…but not Dragonite

I’d give you some if I could, but alas. . .

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I’m lousy at jumping puzzles, so my only way to get shards is farming them 2-3 at a time from world chests. Painful!

I’ll make you a suggestion. I have two of my characters where every day I run two jumping puzzles, Umaug’s Secret in Lion’s Arch, and Under New Management in Southsun. These are both relatively simple, almost impossible to die on, failure at any point should only set you back about thirty seconds, and each can be completed in under a minute. They are also both very conveniently located. There are a few other similarly easy JPs that are a bit harder to get to.

As a primarily WvW player nowadays…I wish I was drowning in Dragonite…my bank is full of Empyreal and Bloodstone dust…but not Dragonite

I’d give you some if I could, but alas. . .

Or, if you have characters at the right level, just park them at the top of a JP in LA on one of the days that someone is offering ports to the top, then just log in, get chest, deposit collectibles.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I mention this, because it applies to the bloodstone dust issue. People who don’t need the amount they have (practically all of us ATM) are afraid to just delete it. We are afraid to delete it because we don’t know when/if Anet is going to pull some unannounced BS to manipulate the game’s economy (again) and nerf it into the ground.

So I have like 10K bloodstone dust…afraid to get rid of any of it…because Anet keeps changing the basic rules of the game…

This is very true. It took a big inventory crises before I was willing to delete my dusts. Boy will I be disappointed when they make that change.

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I seem to recall it is not sellable. If it were, then this would not be an issue. Why is it not sellable?

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

yeah just made 60 bricks… was almost 5-6g to get the termocatalystic-whatever agents.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Well I’m just going to keep hording mine. We don’t know how much Ascended armor will use. Last thing I want is to throw them all away. Then they turn around and nerf the drop rate and make the armor need a ridiculous amount.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: RyuuAkari.6589

RyuuAkari.6589

I’d say with the technology the have shown us with the account wallet, they should do that with the personal bank. -unlimited. That would save the tremendous amount of ascended materials we keep getting.

Would it be some sort of negative effect of it? not that I can think of other then peacefully stacking them, till the day you use them.

Welcome to the Void! Here we gaze back into the Mist. With Hope. And Desperation.

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

Turn them into bricks. That is what you do with them. What is so hard about that?

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Or, if you have characters at the right level, just park them at the top of a JP in LA on one of the days that someone is offering ports to the top, then just log in, get chest, deposit collectibles.

I’ve seen people portalling up the Umaug’s JP, and it stuns me. I mean, depending on your skill level it make take a couple minutes to do it straight, but anyone should be able to do it themselves once you know the paths. I take a “teach a man to fish” approach to it, if I see someone struggling then I’ll step them through the tough bits, but nobody should need a portal for this one. The other two, sure.

The Southsun one is the same, anyone should be able to do it if they try, it’s a very forgiving puzzle, and right near the portal to LA. If you actually want a challenge, do the Southsun one clockwise from the steps. It’s possible, but much trickier.

Turn them into bricks. That is what you do with them. What is so hard about that?

1. I don’t have even a fraction the number of Obsidian Shards I’d need to make bricks with them, and 2. what would I do with all those bricks once I had them? The current recipes only need a tiny number of bricks relative to other ingredients. I already have plenty of bricks for my actual needs.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Simple solution. Destroy the dust you don’t need

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals