I'm hearing voices....am I getting mad?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nelict.7589

Nelict.7589

I constantly hearing in game voices! I’m playing a female norn Mesmer and while I am alone I hear either a char male guardian shouting “Stand your ground” or even an asura male warrior shouting “Shake if off” or even a human female who desperly want help because she is on a down state….I look around and I am totaly alone in the area….Am the only one? Am I getting mad??!!

Posted by: sage.8721

sage.8721

You are not alone. I have been hearing these voices when playing on my male mesmer. Maybe we are both going mad?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I dunno, you mad bro? You might be going mad. But most likely it’s another of the unreasonable number of bugs present in the patch that was delayed an extra week for Q/A.

I’m wondering if they went ahead and gave us the patch they were withholding in the first pace, rather than the one where they fixed all these bugs after a week of Q/Aing them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Yeah, just came out here to comment on that. I heard ‘time to fight!’ just now, no one around me. Was in WvW earlier looking for a sentry to kill for my daily (easy peasy), and heard a ‘help me!’, or whatever someone says when they are down. Best I can guess, they were that group I passed a ‘really’ long while back.

Heh, and since I like to hear the game sounds while tabbed out, I just heard someone yell ‘assistance!’ Have no idea where they are.

I’m looking for herbs in Maguuma. If I hear ’I’m rich, you know!’ from Divinity’s Reach, we’ll know something is amiss.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

I’m hearing voices…and see dead people too …o.O

same here, its a bug :P

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Where is this happening at. It could be bleed over from an evident close to your area.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

“This is Robin Leach! I’m yelling, and I don’t know why!”

Edit: For what it’s worth, it ‘seems’ like it’s other players that aren’t even near me when they get downed or are attacking, or like what you say sometimes when switching attunements as an Elementalist? Those sorts of things.

Posted by: Koronin.6785

Koronin.6785

Yeah, I am hearing it too.

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

I dunno, you mad bro? You might be going mad. But most likely it’s another of the unreasonable number of bugs present in the patch that was delayed an extra week for Q/A.

I’m wondering if they went ahead and gave us the patch they were withholding in the first pace, rather than the one where they fixed all these bugs after a week of Q/Aing them.

More likely they grow tired of the constant complaining about delays, so they release it in a less-than-polished state, only to be bombarded with complaints about some minor bugs.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

they probably accidently increased the radius in which you can hear other players voices…

i can hear WvW players yelling “Stand your Ground” and “For Great Justic” etc over the whole wvw map…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

It’s your character saying them. I thought the same that i was hearing random voices from other players even though like u all say no one around me. then using the new camera features, i zoomed into my character front on and saw her saying all those lines herself. it was funny hearing my ele sylvari yell “for great justice” in a male human voice. then i stood there for a while and watched her and yep, it was all her saying them.

This only happens to me in open world, not in cities or instances, at least not PS story instances. I have been experiencing some random issues with my characters’ voices ib4 this patch already, where they use other races/genders commentary, but now the problem is really severe.

Oh and also on anther matter, (i’m sure it’s been reported already) the guild chat don’t work at all.

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I hear dead people…
The weird part is, on closer inspection, my character is the one saying these random phrases.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

they probably accidently increased the radius in which you can hear other players voices…

i can hear WvW players yelling “Stand your Ground” and “For Great Justic” etc over the whole wvw map…

I doubt that’s it. I was alone in the Dark Reverie JP and was being constantly haunted by the shouts of a female human character.

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

It’s a bug that they are working on (along with npcs only showing stuff you can equip).

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Best part is.. its your character saying it! I was taking screenshots earlier and was panned to my face.. I’m a female norn and all of a sudden in a male charr voice I scream “charr need no gods!” Again in a female human voice, “anyone, help??” I see my mouth move when I say this stuff.

Its hilarious! Best bug since…

Attachments:

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

I’ve been out gathering since the patch, often out in the middle of nowhere, with NO ONE around. Then I hear a player shout as loud as if it were my own! Mostly ‘shout’ slot skills like “retreat!” but also other player phrases for buffs, downed, etc.

@lindelle didn’t watch my mouth but if my character is speaking in tongues that would explain why it’s so loud.

I compared my audio settings to a screenshot I made of them a couple weeks ago; they are unchanged (pretty much since launch).

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Doesn’t Mordremoth have some control over minds? Maybe this is just him driving us all crazy.

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

this is actually the only bug i have noticed/seen in the entire day… good for me?

Eddited: I believe that the voices DO indeed come from other players, the thing thats bugged might be the range of the voice.

In other words, i might hear some asura shouting “retreat!” from the other side of the zone o_O

(edited by Vukorep.3081)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I was taking screenshots of my female Sylvari so I was looking at her face and I SAW her mouth moving and she sounded like a male Charr!!! O__O I’m gonna have nightmares…

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

Aaaaaand now my female norn is making the mad king jokes. That got weird.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Tiger Ashante.1792

It’s your character saying them. I thought the same that i was hearing random voices from other players even though like u all say no one around me. then using the new camera features, i zoomed into my character front on and saw her saying all those lines herself. it was funny hearing my ele sylvari yell “for great justice” in a male human voice. then i stood there for a while and watched her and yep, it was all her saying them.

This only happens to me in open world, not in cities or instances, at least not PS story instances. I have been experiencing some random issues with my characters’ voices ib4 this patch already, where they use other races/genders commentary, but now the problem is really severe.

Oh and also on anther matter, (i’m sure it’s been reported already) the guild chat don’t work at all.

Ok an update. It does happen in town too. I switched to my charr and yea, she was using “retreat” shout and others, both males and females voices lol.

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

The good thing is, there are so many people reporting bugs in the forum, I guess with the next update they’ll all get fixed. So… no problem for me at all, just keep reporting the bugs in the forum and you will be heard! :P

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

Tiger Ashante.1792

Doesn’t Mordremoth have some control over minds? Maybe this is just him driving us all crazy.

Well had it been 1st of April, i would have said Anet pulled this one on us, but since it’s not…yea, could be Modry lol…though i hope not. I’ve had to take my headphones off, coz once i realized it was my char saying those things, it started to hurt my brain.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

The good thing is, there are so many people reporting bugs in the forum, I guess with the next update they’ll all get fixed. So… no problem for me at all, just keep reporting the bugs in the forum and you will be heard! :P

That may be so, but the sheer amount of bugs present in this patch makes the whole ‘the 10/3 patch is delayed for QA testing’ spiel laughable.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wish they’d fix the reverse adrenaline yells while they were at it…..That bug’s been in since Beta and I’m sure it’s just swapping 2 pointers in the code (or renaming a few files in the DB).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

That may be so, but the sheer amount of bugs present in this patch makes the whole ‘the 10/3 patch is delayed for QA testing’ spiel laughable.

Unless they got sick of people’s whining and released it early. Probably to teach us not to mess with QA ;P

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze