I'm so tired of Ascended rings...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yppah.2157

Yppah.2157

It feels like that’s all I get out of WvW/sPVP.
So far I have 3 of one ring, 2 of two others, and a whole bunch of others with different stat combinations.

All they’re doing is “collecting dust” in my bank and there’s not much to do with them I think. Maybe it’s just a small thing, it could just be very bad luck on my RNG as well (I’m willing to take that as a reason), but this is getting to a point where I might just start deleting my rings.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

People who often do fractals feel very sorry for you my friend.

Yppah.2157

I had the same problem with Fractals too. Whenever I did 20+/30+ all I’d get was just infused Seals of the Khan-Ur.

This is literally me at the moment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea better start deleting dont sell them or anything by all means

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i can’t express the joy i get when i vendor those :|

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah… Seals of Khan-Ur seem to drop easier that others….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet loves their metrics. They certainly have stats on which items get trashed by players. If people started deleting all those rings, someone would take notice. Maybe.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

How dare a more common item appear, wait for it, more often?

So what’s the alternative? Have rings drop more seldomly? Yeah I’m sure that change would be appreciated.

Up the drop rate of other items? Rare items are rare for a reason. So no one runs 6 fractals and is fully geared. That’s the way the game is designed.

Next time, maybe offer some alternative or solution, that is unless all you want to do is vent.

I have 1.5 bank tabs full of ascended rings and the only reason it’s not 4-5 bank tabs is because I keep exactly 1 spare of each stat combo and only if it comes preinfused. See me complain?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So what’s the alternative? Have rings drop more seldomly? Yeah I’m sure that change would be appreciated.

Having rings/armour drop without the stats on them perhaps? In that case you can choose something usefull for a change?

Cyninja.2954

Having rings/armour drop without the stats on them perhaps? In that case you can choose something usefull for a change?

Result:

1 week after the change people crying of having to many rings, yet again. We have pristine fragments for rings, and armor is supposed to be time gated.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Result:

1 week after the change people crying of having to many rings, yet again. We have pristine fragments for rings, and armor is supposed to be time gated.

Well from 500 ranks of wvw I got about 3? All useless.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Ascended salvage perhaps?
Well since you can’t craft ascended rings and trinkets probably get that first, then ascended ring salvaging. Not a grand solution but something.

Cyninja.2954

Result:

Well from 500 ranks of wvw I got about 3? All useless.

WvW random chests/drops are not the primary way of aquiring ascended rings. I don’t go to a butcher wanting to buy salad.

Go do fractals or use your laurels for getting the rings you want.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Deleting or Selling – Whenever anyone chooses one of these options and gets rid of a load of … pretty much anything currently considered useless, you can bet on ArenaNet developing some amazing use for them shortly after.

Celestial Pigs.

Yppah.2157

Ascended salvage perhaps?
Well since you can’t craft ascended rings and trinkets probably get that first, then ascended ring salvaging. Not a grand solution but something.

I like that idea.

Oh yeah, let me get up on that 5 silver.

(edited by Yppah.2157)

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

What if they added fractal armor in the place of some of those ring drops? Oh and you know invented super cool fractal armor that upgraded like the backpiece….

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I feel sorry for people who do fractals. They get even more rings and still don’t get ascended boxes while I get both from PvP. Only benefit from fractals is the inventory space boxes. Wish I could sell rings for those boxes. I have an entire bank slot filled with them and slowly filling into next one and all 9 of my characters, including my Revenant have 2-4 rings. :o

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I just find it strange it’s more desirable to find a orange or yellow ring, as it could be sold or salvaged for something useful.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

having a Fractal personal level of 50 for over a year, and still only ever getting rings, is infuriating. i cant remember the last time i got a skin, the blue moons where i get a chest seem farther and farther apart, the Tonic is literally a joke. like precursor level. i find myself sympathizing with that Green Lantern above

(edited by KaosNinja.4967)

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

It’s always a good practice to hold onto those kinds of items. For some change might occur in the future where those that saved just might be glad they did.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]