I'm so upset

I'm so upset

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

That gliding isn’t enabled for all the other pve maps. I would rather glide off a mountain in shiverpeaks and enjoy the view on my way down rather than having to look at burning ships and thick as tree branches. Not to mention the mobs that 3 shot me everywhere i land.

I'm so upset

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

The old maps weren’t designed to have gliding in them, and it would allow people to break out of the maps or “cheat” their way through JPs, vistas and a bunch of stuff.

I'm so upset

Posted by: Smoo.9423

Smoo.9423

We know they weren’t originally designed for gliding, but we also know that it’s not impossible to change. His point is still the same.

Proud member of Blackgate the bestgate the beastgate. Is you ok? Good cause I wanted to know.

I'm so upset

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

Who cares if jump puzzles or vistas become easier? Its not game breaking content by any means. Even if I could use a gliding exploit to complete a jumping puzzle in a level 50 map I doubt I would do it.

A way for players to have fun without affecting the balance of the game, without affecting endgame progression and without affecting the economy. Why not?

I'm so upset

Posted by: Zhemos.6290

Zhemos.6290

How about allowing the glide option once the map is completed? Would solve the issue of cheesing the vistas etc.

I'm so upset

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

At a guess I would say that a map not designed for gliding means a map that people can break out of by finding places to fly over the map boundaries and a map that is unfinished or even open where people normally can’t get to, such as the top of hills that have the invisible walls blocking them off.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I'm so upset

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

How about allowing the glide option once the map is completed? Would solve the issue of cheesing the vistas etc.

True enough. Plus considering to even get gliding you have to be level 80 and play in HoT, it’s likely many players have already done whatever Jumping Puzzles, Vistas and what have you.

I’m not upset they don’t allow gliding in the main world. There are a plethora of good reasons why they don’t. But it would be awesome if they retooled old maps to make them glide friendly as I just enjoy gliding so much personally.

I'm so upset

Posted by: StaticX.7695

StaticX.7695

Actually, the way I understand it, its something in the base coding of Tyria maps. It’s not an “easy” fix; probably a larger undertaking than the devs are currently unwilling to do.