I miss Cantha too much...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Hello everyone,

I here today to ask to our community one simple question:
Am I the only one who miss the beautiful Cantha region seen in GW1?

When I bought GW: Factions I fell in love in 30 second, starting from Shing Jea Island with its amazing “peace and spirit” asian look, to Kaineng City the big metropolis, the beautiful Jade Sea and the mysterious Echoval Forest.
The architecture and the design of the Factions was great, and imho that was the best GW game release.

Today, playing GW2 i miss that asian feeling: yeah, we have the Lunar New Year event, and we had the Festival of The Four Winds (please, bring it back every year!), but nothing to compare with the full Cantha region.

Now a question for developers:
why don’t you take back Cantha in the next GW2 expansion? Honestly HoT don’t give me a really WOOOW effect (mastery system is good, elite spec too…but that maps are really bad, the enemies are ugly and the overall result is a simple big forest with jump and gliding actions).

I don’t think that I’m the only one who miss Cantha.
Come on, let’s get it back!
:)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t like the Cantha look. I feel that its some of the worst art Anet have done. That’s the beauty of art! I did like Factions though; the play through their was fine.

There’s a whole big thread on Cantha you might want to read through. It was on the front page yesterday so it can’t be too far back. Look for the red tags.

edit: oh, its ages back. Page 11

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Hello everyone,

I here today to ask to our community one simple question:
Am I the only one who miss the beautiful Cantha region seen in GW1?

When I bought GW: Factions I fell in love in 30 second, starting from Shing Jea Island with its amazing “peace and spirit” asian look, to Kaineng City the big metropolis, the beautiful Jade Sea and the mysterious Echoval Forest.
The architecture and the design of the Factions was great, and imho that was the best GW game release.

Today, playing GW2 i miss that asian feeling: yeah, we have the Lunar New Year event, and we had the Festival of The Four Winds (please, bring it back every year!), but nothing to compare with the full Cantha region.

Now a question for developers:
why don’t you take back Cantha in the next GW2 expansion? Honestly HoT don’t give me a really WOOOW effect (mastery system is good, elite spec too…but that maps are really bad, the enemies are ugly and the overall result is a simple big forest with jump and gliding actions).

I don’t think that I’m the only one who miss Cantha.
Come on, let’s get it back!
:)

The only part of Cantha I really liked was Shing Jea Island… I did enjoy the art, but the whole city thing? that really did wear me out… it took me almost a year to get through it because it was so freaking tedious and moody… I love the jungles looks and feels and the music is just awesome.
But yes! By all means, Let us have back Cantha and Elona!

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Maybe they do some fractals to explain cantha/elona back story.

Posted by: AdelaisAer.4109

AdelaisAer.4109

I hated the main city in Cantha. It was a giant labyrinth, and very grey and ominous. It felt like Detroit. Just completely devoid of life and colour. It’s once you leave the city area and go towards the nature-parts of Cantha that the game started being fun for me.

I also loved playing the Ritualist. It is literally by far my favourite class across the entire Guild Wars franchise (GW2 included), as well as arguably one of my favourite classes of all time. The tribal armours, the movements and animations during skills, the actual gameplay (spirit builds specifically). I enjoyed that a lot. The closest GW2 equivalent would be spirit-build Ranger, I guess.

TL;DR Cantha was pretty only out of the city, and the thing I miss most is the Ritualist.

One who prefers their own Elysium, a collected being of brilliant ambience and nurturing.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Factions was good, except for making the bonus of almost every mission just “do it faster now, k?” and that Kaineng was impossible to navigate, not even to mention that ever two steps was a gang popup.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I hated Factions at first, the city did my head in. The Jade sea and the starting areas how ever, are some of my favourite out of all of GW1. My joint favourite are LA and pre-Ascalon. They still look amazing to me.

But yeah there is a mega thread on Cantha. This will probably get merged with it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

I don’t think they can bring back the Festival of the Four Winds, didnt that ship crash and most of them die, bits chucked all over Dry Top? Which sucks, because that ship was amazing, I loved the baby dolyak race.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I preferred Elona to Cantha. Kaineng City was my absolute least favorite part of all of GW1. It was awful. However, the Echovald Forest is one of my favorite areas of any game I’ve played. And the Jade Sea was lovely to look at, too.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I preferred Elona to Cantha. Kaineng City was my absolute least favorite part of all of GW1. It was awful. However, the Echovald Forest is one of my favorite areas of any game I’ve played. And the Jade Sea was lovely to look at, too.

The class diversity of the wardens was pretty good gameplay too.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The class diversity of the wardens was pretty good gameplay too.

Definitely. You saw that with some of the other mob groups throughout the campaigns, and I always enjoyed it.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d much rather have the Crystal Desert and Elona. Factions was my least favorite Campaign or Expansion. (Prophesies was my favorite.)

Posted by: Brian Canovas.4352

Brian Canovas.4352

Danny,

I totally agree with you. I was astonished by the peaceful surround of Shing Jea.
And although a lot of people don’t understand the beauty of Kaineng City, I always felt close to its spirit and feeling, those run down slums in grey/brown tones, mix of sewers and dirty back alleys. Not to forget the Jade Sea and the deep Echoval Forest…

Can’t wait to see the new design of those areas in GW2! Maybe one day…

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

I’d kill for Jade Sea and Echoval Forest. Cantha with a good personal story with choices that have an impact and big maps..

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Kaineng grew on me. Hated the identical maze it felt like at first, but ended up appreciating the feeling of size it gave to the area. See Divinity’s Reach for a supposedly large place that feels absolutely tiny…

I absolutely loved the Jade Sea at first sight though. The solidified waves, the quarries, the underwater monsters trapped inside… Absolutely gorgeous and rather unique as far as typical rpg areas go. Pity the Luxons felt so brain-dead, I could never side with them despite loving the place.

But the Jade Sea is supposed to be liquifying again in GW2 isn’t it?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!