I miss Guild Wars 2

I miss Guild Wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I’ve stopped playing this game about 5 months ago. But even though it was brief, I left with a sweet taste in my mouth, the gameplay, pvp, lore depth, leveling progress, I must admit, and this comes from someone who’s played more MMOs than you can imagine, that this was the best one I played so far, I’ve never laughed and enjoyed lvling up so much going through story quests, puzzles, dynamic events, crafting (this was excellent), quests, and I read everything the NPCs had to say. Simply amazing experience. You can tell that so much work went into it.

But ironically the problem started once I hit lvl cap, my friends and I started going “… well now what?” more often than we’d like to, a GW2 video popped up in my YT feed a few days ago and ever since then I started to miss this game, but then I remembered that even though I enjoyed it, there’s nothing left for me there. Nothing new to discover.

So don’t worry ANet, the population loss doesn’t mean that the game is bad, I mean for some are, but that’s just the minority, I’m here waiting for a major update or patch, doesn’t matter if I have to buy it or not, but i’ll be here to see new events and lore and try to squeeze every bit of gameplay I can.

Lol I apologize if I made it sound too cheesy, but it’s true.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

I don’t understand. So are you playing the game again?

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Tup.1803

Tup.1803

I don’t understand. So are you playing the game again?

Proper response is: Cool story bro.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

I know it’s trendy to say there’s nothing to do at 80, but I really started enjoying the game more at 80. I really enjoy dungeons, and a lot of dungeons open up at 76-80. You can also figure out what build you want to go for and really push it to it’s potential, instead of wearing whatever made sense leveling.

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I know it’s trendy to say there’s nothing to do at 80, but I really started enjoying the game more at 80. I really enjoy dungeons, and a lot of dungeons open up at 76-80. You can also figure out what build you want to go for and really push it to it’s potential, instead of wearing whatever made sense leveling.

There’s ton to do-I haven’t explored the whole game universe to its fullest, and have been playing since headstart!

The build thing is true-exploring what different gear and build choices do for your playstyle and viceversa, etc. Level 80 is when you have the most freedom to play your character the way you envision/want, and to push further your abilities with your chosen Profession(s.)

There are way many more chord progressions in this game than 1-4-5 as many suggest. It is on us to discover them, though of course you may not like it for some reason, which is OK too. But never give up on the game just because of “nothing to do” hearsay without doing/discovering stuff on your own.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: SoulSaga.2390

SoulSaga.2390

They give you the illusion that theres a lot to do after 80, but there really isnt. The core mechanics are just the same with a different name and sometimes different look. How many currencies do you have to collect now? It gets a bit ridiculous. Farm chest events for cheap gear you vender 75% of the time…ooh an exotic… which can be bought for a gold or two. Well ok, just spend a little bit of time selling bags and mats and you get those exotics far faster than from a DE. What else? Alt. Alt. Alt. Run out of character slots, unlock a new one, just buy Gems. More currency.

Ok pvp. Always a good end game right? It is, when properly implemented. It is when classes and combat are not about dodging, zerging and DPSing allllll the time.

Look, theres a lot you can do in the game if you are easily entertained. It wont be super varied, it wont be magically different from what you have done since early game… but its there, its just not quality and more power to those who fall under the spell of illusion of choice. When you sit back and look at it, you realize a lot of its like a chore. They sometimes do a good job at hiding it, but its there.

If anything, GW2 is a great procrastination tool. That might change when and if they can manage more depth and hand crafted experiences.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye the pgoresion and not having raids cuz u dont have the holly trinity is game braking i agree i miss rading rfom wow and aion but gw 2 is still game just the end game is gone in the wind

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Plenty to do at 80 for certain types of players and not plenty to do at 80 for other types of players. I’m an old fashioned RPG player and I find plenty to do. I also know how to make my own fun. I don’t need to be spoonfed fun, like many people do. I guess that comes from not having 8 zillion entertainment options at your fingertips. When I was growing up, if I had a TV show I liked I saw it one night a week and had to wait till the next week to see it again. I couldn’t even go rent it at a video store because there was no such thing.

Today people want to be constantly entertained, but they often don’t take responsibility for their own entertainment. Take jumping puzzles. I’ve done about 2/3s of them.

I’ve yet to go look up where one was, I’m looking for them, which takes time. If I looked up the solution to everything on the net instead of figuring it out for myself, I’d probably be out of things to do too.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

i doubt that you had played spvp or wvw…

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984 No, I’m not currently playing.

Maybe I’m just too used to having gear progression of some sort, the thing that kept me playing ‘til 80 was that goal; reaching level 80. And i made everything possible to make it as slow as possible (crafted every gold item there was for every 10 levels. Of course that’s much easier when you play with close friends and share every material and component, also had 60% of map explored by that point).

But up from that point, the only thing left for me to do was finish dungeons and achievements, and only for the sake of exploration (and skins), nothing that really mattered truly. More tangible goals catch my attention, but that’s just the way I play and of course there’s people who find different things fun. I guess this is more related to what Vayne is saying (my fav champion by the way), I grew used to grindy games sadly.

And when I speak of content, I mean more levels, wider variety of skills (which this game really needs), bigger lore, etc. I don’t know how they’re gonna implement them, but when they do I, and more people like me will come back.

@Mogrey.3891 I only leveled to rank 20 in spvp, and yeah I didn’t do much wvw either, thing is, everytime we went to wvw we’d find ourselves doing the same thing over and over until the month was over (capturing points, points get taken again, follow zergs, spam aoe and watch people die, etc). Eventually it got boring.

I’m more of a PvE player myself, things like lore, crafting and gear/level progression get me playing. Ironically I also hate mindless grind (kill the same mob 10000 times) so the leveling process in this game was just perfect for me.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Topics like this made me very glad I’m not a goal/reward orientated player.

I hit 80 about a month ago and had a huge list of things I wanted to do still (map completion, dungeons, Fractals, WvW…). If anything getting to 80 felt like it gave me more options because I no longer have to worry about being under-levelled for any of the content, I could go anywhere and do anything I wanted.

I have to admit my first step was to re-do my build and buy a full set of exotics with matching stats but to me that was a practical consideration – something to get out of the way so I wouldn’t have to think about it again while I was off having fun. I was relieved that I was done with levelling and gear progression and could just pick and choose what to do.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

So what should we discuss about?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

Game actually STARTED for me when I hit lv 80 and joined the active guild.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Game actually STARTED for me when I hit lv 80 and joined the active guild.

Exactly what happened to me. I started to truly enjoy this game after joining a guild.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Without my guild I don’t know that I’d still be playing…but with a good guild this game is awesome. Possibly because I dislike pugging so much.

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I miss clay in this thread

Come back, OP. I took a break, too, because I came from a very gear-treadmill-centered game and asked myself after reaching level 80: “What now? No new gear stats to achieve – the horror!”

Then I started to play only what I liked in GW2, without any concern about effectiveness or money. That made me fall in love again and that love affair with GW2 has not ended yet…

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

I miss clay in this thread

Who, me?

I miss Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

I’ve stopped playing this game about 5 months ago.

So don’t worry ANet, the population loss doesn’t mean that the game is bad, I mean for some are, but that’s just the minority, I’m here waiting for a major update or patch, doesn’t matter if I have to buy it or not, but i’ll be here to see new events and lore and try to squeeze every bit of gameplay I can.

You missed out on Shadow of the Mad King, Lost Shores, and Wintersday. Luckily, you’re not too late to experience Flame and Frost, the first Living Story arc. Oh, and the Super Adventure Box.

You’ve been waiting 5 months for a major update/patch? There’s been one every month. >_____>

Oh, and there will be another in 10 days- April 30th, the last chapter of Flame and Frost.

You’re not trying hard enough, your entire post reeks of lack of information.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]