I miss deposits... how about you?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

This thread coming severely late I suppose but… um… alright, here it goes.

Okay, last year we were able to deposit money and items in our banks. Now, we can only deposit items.

I personally find it hazardous to my game progression to hold all my money on me. Either I or a hiccup in the game would allow me to spend more than I intend to spend when I am shopping on the Trading Post. Yet, when I was able to deposit money in my bank, this was less of a threat, cause I would only carry on me the amount that I needed when I went shopping. The rest of my coins were safely in the bank where they, in my mind, belonged.

I had to put a lot of time, a LOT of effort into opening up all 3 panels in my Guild’s bank just so I could tuck my money away in there, but then I had to deny any access of my guild members withdrawing from the guild bank just to secure my game money.

(sighs) Will Anet ever put the bank back to the way it was? I doubt I am the only one who doesn’t like holding all their coin on their person(s).

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Self control is a virtue.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Jaymee.1560

Self control is a virtue.

LMAO… and it’s one thing that consistently escapes me.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Go get yourself a personal guild bank (everyone should have one, anyway) and use that as personal storage for your gold.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Go get yourself a personal guild bank (everyone should have one, anyway) and use that as personal storage for your gold.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^

Best idea ever, and if you don’t mind buying or earning a little influence you can even drop banners for yourself and friends/group.

Jaymee.1560

Please re-read my original post. I said I have a guild bank with all 3 panels.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Personal Guild bank.

Jaymee.1560

Personal Guild bank.

Okay, school me here… I have a guild, so are you meaning for me to make up a second guild where as I am it’s only member, in which I, once again, devote time and effort into instating another guild bank that would be where I keep my money?

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Yep that’s what they meant.

Blanger.3162

Personal Guild bank.

Okay, school me here… I have a guild, so are you meaning for me to make up a second guild where as I am it’s only member, in which I, once again, devote time and effort into instating another guild bank that would be where I keep my money?

YES! Personal Guild, your the only member and have total control no other members, and yes it will cost you either more time or more gold to unlock at least 2 banking levels, but it’s safe and secure as long as you keep the guild and don’t change servers.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Indeed. You might consider the cost of Influence as a sort of insurance premium against you spending gold you would rather not have.

Jaymee.1560

Okay, I don’t mean to throw another wrench into the engine here but… The guild bank panels only allow you to store 999 gold each. Making it so that you can only store a maximum of 2,997 gold per guild. If I have two guilds, one of them being Personal, then it would be 5,997.

Don’t fool yourself. There are players out there with that much game money if not more.

Now, guild slots. We’re only allowed to be in 5 guilds only. Hate to sayit, but I am within 5 guilds, so… I would have to LEAVE one, just in order to make a Personal Guild JUST to store game money?

Come on now… wouldn’t it just be easier if Anet just allowed us to store our money in our account banks again?

Think about it, Real Life, you, me, him, her… and then that other one over there… We all have bank account in real life, we don’t HOLD all our money in our homes or on our person… (we’d totally be screwed if we were robbed at gun point).

We have money, we keep it IN A BANK… without a cap on how much we can store.

Can we just have out account bank coin storage back?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

You can buy pots to increase your personal guild rep rather than grinding it out

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure it would be a valuable use of Dev time, or amenable to everyone, to change the way Gold is stored to satisfy your pet peeve. Some suggestions have been offered. If you find none of them satisfactory, maybe…if the majority of the player-base calls for it…some day Gold storage will be changed, again. =)

Vol.7601

Okay, I don’t mean to throw another wrench into the engine here but… The guild bank panels only allow you to store 999 gold each. Making it so that you can only store a maximum of 2,997 gold per guild. If I have two guilds, one of them being Personal, then it would be 5,997.

Don’t fool yourself. There are players out there with that much game money if not more.

Now, guild slots. We’re only allowed to be in 5 guilds only. Hate to sayit, but I am within 5 guilds, so… I would have to LEAVE one, just in order to make a Personal Guild JUST to store game money?

Come on now… wouldn’t it just be easier if Anet just allowed us to store our money in our account banks again?

Think about it, Real Life, you, me, him, her… and then that other one over there… We all have bank account in real life, we don’t HOLD all our money in our homes or on our person… (we’d totally be screwed if we were robbed at gun point).

I think people who have large sums of gold aren’t likely to be people with a lack of self-control. They are also likely to:
-Re-invest that gold in items to make more gold
-Send other gold to other accounts to prevent hacking

Also, your analogy won’t work. In GW2, it’s like hiding all our money in a safe deposit box with a key in the house.

The robbers would just tie us all up and ask for the key, and rob it from there.

Jaymee.1560

I’m not sure it would be a valuable use of Dev time, or amenable to everyone, to change the way Gold is stored to satisfy your pet peeve. Some suggestions have been offered. If you find none of them satisfactory, maybe…if the majority of the player-base calls for it…some day Gold storage will be changed, again. =)

If I go to buy an item and the game has a hiccup, lags, and I accidentally buy it twice? Let’s say it was Vision of the Mists I accidentally purchased twice… That’s a “pet peeve” to you? Really? Cause if I am holding 800 gold on my person, THAT not-so-happy accident is VERY likely to occur. That doesn’t fall under the definition of “pet peeve” to me… That falls under the definition of “Oh ****!!!” in my book.

Jaymee.1560

I think people who have large sums of gold aren’t likely to be people with a lack of self-control. They are also likely to:
-Re-invest that gold in items to make more gold
-Send other gold to other accounts to prevent hacking

Also, your analogy won’t work. In GW2, it’s like hiding all our money in a safe deposit box with a key in the house.

The robbers would just tie us all up and ask for the key, and rob it from there.

Ugh, you had to bring the concept of hackers into it, didn’t ya?

I figure if the account was hacked and the money is hidden or re-invested, you’re screwed either way in a hacking

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

The entire point of the wallet feature is to access your currencies anytime, anywhere. Your suggestion is basicly retrogression that isn’t leading anywhere and is purely based on the lack of self control.

Blanger.3162

If I go to buy an item and the game has a hiccup, lags, and I accidentally buy it twice? Let’s say it was Vision of the Mists I accidentally purchased twice… That’s a “pet peeve” to you? Really? Cause if I am holding 800 gold on my person, THAT not-so-happy accident is VERY likely to occur. That doesn’t fall under the definition of “pet peeve” to me… That falls under the definition of “Oh ****!!!” in my book.

A quick report to support and a look at their logs should get you your money back, if the game had a hiccup that caused a problem like that.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Considering that I am not afraid of a hiccup and that I don’t think I’ll run into the problem of hitting the 999 gold limit anytime soon … no I don’t miss the deposit feature.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Please re-read my original post. I said I have a guild bank with all 3 panels.

I think the responding poster is suggesting you make a PERSONAL guild for ONLY YOU not for your guilds access.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Blanger.3162

Actually I never liked having money stored in my bank, it was inconvenient while leveling a alt if you need to buy something having to find a bank or crafting station to access your bank to fund the alt, the wallet was really a QOL item that makes everything easier, I can’t say it’s ever really caused any problems because I can see all the gold I have, if anything it makes me spend less.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) The deposit system was pretty bad and the new wallet is important QoL feature that the majority of people wanted. There is no reason to change the current system to worst system.
2) They could keep the wallet, but have a deposit system for people like you. But i really don’t think that its someone that a lot of people would want. The first time a see a post like that, and not a lot of people seem to agree with you on this post. So for me it would be a waste of development time, if the dev would do that.
3) Creating a personal guild is something widely use by a lot of people in GW2. Almost eveybody in my guild have a personnal guild (it cost a lot less than to buy more bank expansion in the gem store. Now you have two issues with the personal Guild bank.

First the limited amount of gold you can put in it. Do you have 6000 thousand gold?? If not, then why care about that. Do you see people complaining that they have 10K but they can’t put in their Personal Guild Bank?. Never saw that, so if you don’t have 6k+ Gold, why make that an issue.

Second about the max number of guild. On that you are totally right. But they should never put a limit on the number of guild, or at least not 5. For me its not an issue, I have 4 guilds (including my personal bank), but i see how this could be a issue for some people.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I did this, but unfortunately each panel has a maximum carriage space of 1000g. It’s at the point where I might start getting multiple banks just to carry it all. The most important cut-off for me is that I need to not carry enough gold at any given time to accidentally outright buy a legendary.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Vol.7601

I did this, but unfortunately each panel has a maximum carriage space of 1000g. It’s at the point where I might start getting multiple banks just to carry it all. The most important cut-off for me is that I need to not carry enough gold at any given time to accidentally outright buy a legendary.

How does one accidently buy a legendary?!

Blanger.3162

LOL….yeah I know the feeling, but hey you could always give that excess gold to charity, or for a small fee I could let you deposit it in my guild bank, promise I won’t touch it.

We use to have a guy in our guild that on the weekends ran a trivia contest in guild chat giving 1 gold to the winner with the correct answer, it was a lot of fun and at a time when most of us thought 1 gold was a lot on money….today you can get 1 gold by being AFK.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Frequently I check buy/sell listings to see which legendaries have people outbidding each other for them. Frequently my BLTP lags really hard as well. Sometimes when it’s lagging and hasn’t loaded a page yet, if I click the blank screen trying to see if it responds, it registers a “buy now” click even though the page hasn’t loaded. Needless to say, I have saved myself a few thousand gold more than a couple times by not keeping enough on me to outright buy legendaries. :P

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Rich First World Problem right there. I feel your pain, you should give away all that money you seem to suffer too much ; )

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

On the topic of personal guilds for bank space, keep in mind that if a hacker steals your money, Account Restorations do not include what you had in your Guild Bank. That’s something to consider.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: baseking.7926

baseking.7926

Frequently I check buy/sell listings to see which legendaries have people outbidding each other for them. Frequently my BLTP lags really hard as well. Sometimes when it’s lagging and hasn’t loaded a page yet, if I click the blank screen trying to see if it responds, it registers a “buy now” click even though the page hasn’t loaded. Needless to say, I have saved myself a few thousand gold more than a couple times by not keeping enough on me to outright buy legendaries. :P

Then wait to the page load, Simple. I just don’t see how can somebody accidently buy something. YOU are the ONE that is CLICKING with the MOUSE. NOBODY is FORCING YOU to CLICK.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

This mouse is made for clicking, so that is what I do, one of these days this mouse is gonna click all over you. Dum dum dum dum dumm.

I have not experienced this issue, or rather, if this is the same as Rising’s, in those instances I close the TO and re-open it. Which of course makes you then look for the item again etc.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

-snip-

What you could do is buy assets that are relatively safe and rise with inflation. It can act as your “bank” but mainly you won’t lose money due to inflation.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

WWAAAHHHHH!! I don’t have enough places to store my mountains of money!

@ Bread: this was my first thought exactly. ectos have alway been a safe investment since the dawn of GW1 and have been used for the exact kind of thing. even if you do happen to end up losing 1s or so from selling them at a later point, at least you didn’t ‘accidentally’ buy a legendary i guess

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

Then get a second account. You have to wait a while till you can send the money back from it to your primary, but occasionally it’s convenient to have a second account anyway.

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

-snip-

What you could do is buy assets that are relatively safe and rise with inflation. It can act as your “bank” but mainly you won’t lose money due to inflation.

I was thinking this as well. Take 100 gold and order a HUGE number of items for way too low a price. Pretty sure there’s no limit to how much you can spend on the TP. Order 1000 Giant Eyes at 10 silver each. If they ever get that low you’ll be rich but more likely, you’ll have found a safe haven for your money.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

-snip-

I was thinking this as well. Take 100 gold and order a HUGE number of items for way too low a price. Pretty sure there’s no limit to how much you can spend on the TP. Order 1000 Giant Eyes at 10 silver each. If they ever get that low you’ll be rich but more likely, you’ll have found a safe haven for your money.

well yes you still retain the gold, but then you’re losing money to inflation.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Just buy a lot of gems, you can’t accidentally spend gems on TP.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)