I must say;

I must say;

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Best content update, to date. Keep this coming. Thank you ANET.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

I must say;

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Best content update, to date.

why do you say that?

I must say;

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

why do you say that?

Better for you to play it and see.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

I must say;

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

I must admit out of all the living world patches we’ve had I do really like this one. The race is particularly fun and unexpectedly rewarding for a quick bit of silliness. If they can tweak it just a bit so that jumps wont unexpectedly fail for no reason I’d really love it.

I must say;

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

This update probably had the least amount of playable content out of all the releases. Stop getting so blinded by all the shinies, Skritt.

It does have a nice UI update though :/

… I still want tengu.

I must say;

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

why do you say that?

kitten kinda answer is that? He prob meant why you think it is the best. If not then nvm.

I must say;

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

absolutely agree.

Next month lfg and SAB please please pretty please?

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

I must say;

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Almost a year later, there are traits and runes still bugged. Pathetic.

The tPvP meta game is broken.

A lot of legendaries still lack good animations. No excuses.

Still no player housing nor GvG.

ArenaNet cannot figure out the difference between build diversity and playstyle diversity, I need to school them in video game combat design 101.

Celestial gear takes a full 40 days to make 2 weapons and 6 armors. A timegate, way to step backwards, just limit dungeon tokens and crafting completely if that is the mindset.

I cannot care for this new area, weapons or armors.

I must say;

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I did play. But I was wrong in expecting an explanation.
IMO more rng and ugly skins… useless wvw ‘skills’, more stuff for people to blow gems on, and so on.
I`m glad a lot of people enjoy it, even if it`s not what I would do.
Or maybe that`s exactly what I would do to keep the majority playing my game and bringing $. I guess we`ll never know

I must say;

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

ArenaNet cannot figure out the difference between build diversity and playstyle diversity, I need to school them in video game combat design 101.

Celestial gear takes a full 40 days to make 2 weapons and 6 armors. A timegate, way to step backwards, just limit dungeon tokens and crafting completely if that is the mindset.

For some people doing good is impossible.

To me it seems ignoring those people would be most efficient.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

I must say;

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I agree, this stuff is topnotch.

I must say;

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Of coarse, lets ignore important issues. Then you’ll never see GvG, player housing, a fun and integrating (and functional) trait system, truly one of a kind legendary weapons, a balanced and fun PvP, and my favorite spending months crafting armor and weapons.

It’s great they are adding new content but improving the old is more important.

I must say;

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

Improving what the majority wants is more important.

I must say;

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Three thumbs up.

I must say;

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

In this thread: subjective opinion (sorry for redundancy).

Glad there are customers who are enjoying it.

And sympathy, actually empathy, for those who aren’t.

Whatever boat you are sitting in.. remember, there will be more new content coming soon.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

I must say;

AntiGw.9367

Improving what the majority wants is more important.

Um, no.

Improving what makes the game better is more important, which is not always what the majority thinks it wants.

I must say;

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Hard to call us customers, we’re not really paying specifically for this content. We paid for the game and this is icing on the cake, delivered AFTER the cake.

I must say;

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I can’t get past the reference to Cantha to deem anything from this content bad. Sure, I’m disappointed with the Radiant/Hellfire armors being designed for Heavy sets, but I don’t feel like it’s related to the event as much.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

I must say;

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

+1

Don’t get me wrong, the update is good overall.

But all this Living Story stuff isn’t adressing core issues in any shape or form.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

I must say;

AntiGw.9367

But all this Living Story stuff isn’t adressing core issues in any shape or form.

It was never supposed to address any issues. It’s just new content.

The issues will be addressed by other dev teams.

I must say;

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It was never supposed to address any issues. It’s just new content.

The issues will be addressed by other dev teams.

This.

They could allocate all their resources into trying to get it out as fast as possible, but then it’d be rushed and.. guess what, the reason why it fails is because it’s rushed.

I must say;

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

In terms of pure added content (not fixes), I’m enjoying this update more than any others.

While I agree that there are a lot of other things that ANet can’t really afford to lose sight of that need fixing, in terms of the new area itself and what I have found to do there, I’m really enjoying it.

For example, I thought I’d hate Sanctum Sprint. I was really reluctant to give it a shot, and now I’m counting down the hours at work until I can go do it again, lol. So, I say good job to ANet for this new zone. I’m sad that it’s only for 2 weeks, and I’m disappointed by some of the new stuff like the helms (and they cost a LOT of kite fortunes … ), but in general, a thumbs up.

I must say;

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Of coarse, lets ignore important issues. Then you’ll never see GvG, player housing, a fun and integrating (and functional) trait system, truly one of a kind legendary weapons, a balanced and fun PvP, and my favorite spending months crafting armor and weapons.

You’ll never see GvG because Anet decided not to put GvG in Guild Wars 2 (and said so repeatedly). You will see a guild hall eventually, but not yet. You’ll also see stuff like a looking for group tool.

Programming progress always takes time. Some people don’t want to wait and that’s okay.

Some will come back, some won’t and that’s okay too.

But stop blaming the programmers for your inflated expectations.

I must say;

Posted by: Aethyl.7519

Aethyl.7519

You’ll never see GvG because Anet decided not to put GvG in Guild Wars 2 (and said so repeatedly). You will see a guild hall eventually, but not yet. You’ll also see stuff like a looking for group tool.

Programming progress always takes time. Some people don’t want to wait and that’s okay.

Some will come back, some won’t and that’s okay too.

But stop blaming the programmers for your inflated expectations.

No GvG in a game naming itself Guild Wars 2…

There is something wrong here, can’t put my finger on what exactly.

GvG was a core value of GW1, and I still don’t understand why it won’t be implemented in the second.

Also, yeah, I quite desire player housing. A real one, not the useless instanced “house” we have now.

But I still enjoy those updates nonetheless.

(edited by Aethyl.7519)

I must say;

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Haters gonna hate, simple as that. They’ve become so attached to the “I hate everything GW2 releases they suck temporary content sucks balance sucks everything sucks” mentality that no matter the update it will never be good. Unless of course Anet somehow figures out how to make an update that will be exactly what everyone wanted. Ever.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I must say;

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

This is really something..best patch to date?

The community has been clamoring for a LFG tool of some sort..anything! Do we one? No.

The community is scratching at the walls for a scavenger hunt. Do we have one? No.

The community is wishing for the “dungeon team” to come back. Do we have any new perma dungeons, or revamped dungeons outside of AC? No.

People are asking for new zones and content..Cantha and Elona. Do we have it? No.

No one asked for living story. No one is crying each week for more living story content. No one is crying for more fluff and mini games.

No. Their development direction is assed backwards.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

I must say;

Posted by: Eddie G.8731

Eddie G.8731

This is really something..best patch to date?

The community has been clamoring for a LFG tool of some sort..anything! Do we one? No.

The community is scratching at the walls for a scavenger hunt. Do we have one? No.

The community is wishing for the “dungeon team” to come back. Do we have any new perma dungeons, or revamped dungeons outside of AC? No.

People are asking for new zones and content..Cantha and Elona. Do we have it? No.

No one asked for living story. No one is crying each week for more living story content. No one is crying for more fluff and mini games.

No. Their development direction is assed backwards.

And you know they aren’t working on that stuff because….?

Living Story, so much as I understand it, is being developed by just a fraction of the dev pool. What do you think the rest of them are working on? More to the point, how long do YOU think it should take?

“If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be invincible.”

-Romulan proverb

I must say;

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And you know they aren’t working on that stuff because….?

Because while we’re at 6th or so consecutive Living Story stuff, all the listed points do not have a tangible update.

I’m sure they’re working on multiple things, but:

-LFG is here? No.
-Scavenger Hunt? Rumored at best.
-Permanent DG changes? After AC, nothing – aside bug (manly exploit/glitches/shortcuts) fixes and annoying stealt changes.
-Spvp: still. single. fail. conquest. monomode.
-WvW: got the rank system in place, ok. But community big requests since betas are still under “we know and we work”

I know they’ve talked about plans and teams and things that are coming and such: but ppl is tired, they want facts.

And fact is, nothing is getting as much attention as all this Living Story thing – that doens’t add much to the real game.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

I must say;

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Hard to call us customers, we’re not really paying specifically for this content. We paid for the game and this is icing on the cake, delivered AFTER the cake.

I’m not sure, but I suspect the intent of your metaphor was not to invoke the following scenario…

Waiter: Here’s your cake! Enjoy!

Diner (eating cake): Om nom nom. Delicious! Worth every penny! Urrp! Excuse me!

Waiter: Here’s the icing!

Diner: …

Waiter: What? It’s free!

Diner: No tip for you.

The table is a fable.

(edited by Tachenon.5270)

I must say;

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Theme Park update.
No dungeons, no new bosses, eh.

I must say;

Posted by: Stellarthief.1960

Stellarthief.1960

I’m not sure, but I suspect the intent of your metaphor was not to invoke the following scenario…

Waiter: Here’s your cake! Enjoy!

Diner (eating cake): Om nom nom. Delicious! Worth every penny! Urrp! Excuse me!

Waiter: Here’s the icing!

Waiter: What? It’s free!

Diner: No tip for you.

It’s more like:

Waiter: Here’s your Raspberry Cake

Diner: I ordered Strawberry, it was on the Menu

Waiter: Out of Strawberries, but our Raspberry Cake is kitten fine Sir. kitten fine!

New content is good. They are advertising it. What else do you think they will advertise, “our content team worked again today on the rumored, detailed, to come, etc. content.. There was…progress??”?

There was many things the game specifically stated would be in, even had developer blogs on it, that never made it to live or were fundamentally changed without explanation or update. So my original purchase is not as advertised either really, not completely, but I’m personally fine with that. Some aren’t. Some people are never happy or satisfied. Also fine..

Takes all kinds to make a world.

I must say;

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

My success criteria would involve looking at the new content in the context of Anet’s stated goals around creating and expanding a living world where living stories take place. In what ways has the living world been evolved or impacted in a significant way. In what ways have our daily experiences in the world the game creates been enhanced or enriched.

For me temporary content and mini-games are more about diversion from the living world as opposed to immersion in it. I do believe, based on Colin’s recent posts, that Anet understands that a lot of us have a conceptual problem with temporary content as a means to tell a story, so I’m hopeful for the future. And, I was very happy to see their initial stab at reward for play around achievement points. Last night when I opened my second chest I experienced a sense of reward, something that’s been generally missing in my gameplay. I believe that Anet is capable of making a great game and telling a great story and I look forward to the actual evolution of the living world.

(edited by Raine.1394)

I must say;

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I need to school them in video game combat design 101.

Please give us a link to your website and portfolio.

I must say;

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

No GvG in a game naming itself Guild Wars 2…

There is something wrong here, can’t put my finger on what exactly.

Haha I fell out of my chair laughing at this one. Hang on let me get my slide ruler, maybe we can figure this out together! :P

Seriously though, Anet, where’s the GvG? T_T

I must say;

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

I have to agree. This update is fun fun fun. Never expected that they could do a jumping puzzle version 2. I actually enjoyed figuring out how to get to that nook and that crook.

And the view of the zephyr ship is amazing.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8