I need a Luck Essence eater. We all do.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

Many people have hit maximum magic find and luck essence ceases to be of use.

Not only did I do that, I did it mere weeks after getting a copper-fed salvage kit on all 8 of my core characters.

Luck essence is lot of the reason that greens and blues have any value at all – yes, they can be salvaged for residual material, but what happens when you no longer have a use for luck?

The first thing you will notice is that fully 1/7th of your daily login rewards are now useless to you.

Maybe that’s second, but the other thing you will notice is that your copper-fed salvage kit is a lot less useful. It’s not useless, but for characters that run high loot zones like Silverwastes, a Mystic Forge Node is probably a better option.

This is what I would like to suggest:

1. At 300 account Magic Find, you unlock a Luck Essence Eater or a recipe to make one. Maybe you unlock it for everyone and people can decide what to do with their luck.

2. That will probably take some time, so consider releasing a recipe to let us make the legendary luck essence and save on storage space.

3. Create a way to forge luck into something useful. Mystic Coins, Ecto, Sigils – Spirit Shards (YESSSS!). Make it inefficient and slow if you must, but create another outlet for this ubiquitous material that represents a substantial part of our in game rewards.

To those that are considering boosting your Magic Find: Think about not boosting it to the maximum. Maybe 280 or so. It’s not cheap you might as well keep using the luck you’re going to get – at least until something changes.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Or make luck essences available on the trading post directly. I’d buy some.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I expect ANet can tell exactly what percent of players have maxed out luck and can tell if it’s many or only a small percent. When they see many have maxed luck, then they’ll know it’s time to make a luck eater.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Why save it once you hit 300%? Right click destroy. Done. It served it’s purpose.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Let us craft a magic lamp, which can summon a genie, who can teleport us once a day to some spot that’s lucky.. a good ore, a patch of plants, an interesting or profitable event.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

I expect ANet can tell exactly what percent of players have maxed out luck and can tell if it’s many or only a small percent. When they see many have maxed luck, then they’ll know it’s time to make a luck eater.

yeah, I dunno, I’ve been playing since launch and only have just over 100% magic find, nowhere near the 300% cap yet.

still, I support further uses for things that become useless over time.

@Agemnon, then blues and greens become useless again, luck essence will always be bought before them, which, even if blues and greens keep the same price they do now, they sell a lot slower because people will buy stacks of luck essence before the blues/greens.

@Zoltar, just use twisted watchwork portal device.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Yeah, I know… but… a genie!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

We all do?

Not so much, but it is a good plan for the future, as more and more veterans hit 300%MF.
Especially since the game gives out Essence of Luck as a reward for daily log-ins. >.>

Though, now I’m curious, what should a luck-eater do?
Spit out a loot chest that Magic Find actually works on?
Or would it work more like candy corn gobblers and spit out buffs to Magic Find?
Or maybe it spits out a guaranteed exotic? (Better chance to find those rare-skin exotics or precursors!)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

We all do?

Not so much, but it is a good plan for the future, as more and more veterans hit 300%MF.
Especially since the game gives out Essence of Luck as a reward for daily log-ins. >.>

Though, now I’m curious, what should a luck-eater do?
Spit out a loot chest that Magic Find actually works on?
Or would it work more like candy corn gobblers and spit out buffs to Magic Find?
Or maybe it spits out a guaranteed exotic? (Better chance to find those rare-skin exotics or precursors!)

A luck eater would chew away at your luck, that would give all luck essenc you get a purpose again.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

well let’s make it more REDICULOUS

Make a genie who’ll be able to be summoned once a day (,if fed enough luck,) and gives:
- you a precursor
or
- you a trip to somewhere you do NOT not want to be. In a solo fractal without an exit, other then finishing it or a dungeon path with no exit, except finishing it. You can gamble or do the path whcih could give you any named exotic on succes But if you log out and in again, you’ll be back in your dungeon/fractal.

All rewards account bound.
(Want to forge 4 pre’s ? Well now you could! -disclaimer: 4 forged pre’s do not give a guaranteed pre on forging, but if it does, it’s not bound-)

We’ll see when you’re in your solo Arah path…. or fighting Mai Trin ,forever, if this was worth the gamble.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i dont think we need a luck eater
we do have some uses for luck like crafting the ram backpack

and i can see mroe to come in the future (hopefully even the ability to drop the essences of luck into our crafting material storage?!?)

but with something liek this

it sounds like anyone who grinded bought or whatevered himself up to 300% base mf isnt just luckier on the dropps which should already be enough.. nah he also gets here and there buffs.. items or anything just liek this?!?

NO bad idea imo

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Many people have hit maximum magic find and luck essence ceases to be of use.

Not only did I do that, I did it mere weeks after getting a copper-fed salvage kit on all 8 of my core characters.

Luck essence is lot of the reason that greens and blues have any value at all – yes, they can be salvaged for residual material, but what happens when you no longer have a use for luck?

The first thing you will notice is that fully 1/7th of your daily login rewards are now useless to you.

Maybe that’s second, but the other thing you will notice is that your copper-fed salvage kit is a lot less useful. It’s not useless, but for characters that run high loot zones like Silverwastes, a Mystic Forge Node is probably a better option.

So you think people should be rewarded for grinding out a goal designed to be long-term and gradual? I think the 300 MF should be reward enough.

• Sell your greens and blues instead of salvaging.
  • Think of the dailies as spirit shard & AP farming (which is close to how it used to be).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

What about when you have a stack of 250 exotic lucks you turn it into some NPC and he transforms you into a champion mob somewhere in the world.
You need to complete a set of different objectives in a 5 minute period for a chance of getting a exotic / precursor / ascended etc.
If the players already present in that map prevent you from completing that objective they get the chance of getting that drop.

Posted by: Ihrga.8325

Ihrga.8325

I will sign for the petition! Is there any available? =)

Be Polite. Be Efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I don’t think I’m not at max yet, but almost there!
I was wondering what I’d do with luck after that.

You can use it in the crafting of Grow Lamp, Bloodstone Dust, Lucky Great Ram Lantern… So I’d suspect they’ll just add more crafting or mystic forge recipes to deal with it.

Maybe an eater, maybe a merchant, but doubtful.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

yeah, I dunno, I’ve been playing since launch and only have just over 100% magic find, nowhere near the 300% cap yet.

still, I support further uses for things that become useless over time.

@Agemnon, then blues and greens become useless again, luck essence will always be bought before them, which, even if blues and greens keep the same price they do now, they sell a lot slower because people will buy stacks of luck essence before the blues/greens.

It’s not a problem if people prefer buying the essence over the gear. It was good buying mid level blues for the mats then people caught on and adjusted their prices accordingly so no more cheap linen

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

Blahblahblah

I don’t.
I play since release.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

or instead of adding a luck eater, they simply could instead add more Crafting recipes, which require Luck Essences.

Or they could increase the Luck Cap from 300 to 500%, because with such abysmal low drop rates that you receive even with hundreds of % more due to tons of Magic Find boosts and Environmental Stacking Event Boosts even on top of all of still not significantly better loot more oftenly, it makes absolutely no huge difference, if Anet would raise the Magic Find Limit from 300 to 500%.

But by raising it from 300 to 500%, people would have for a some time again .a Luck Sink.

Despite these 2 options, ANet could also use Luck as part from some new mystic Forge Recipes and make it also a bigger part of making Legendary Items so that Luck actually becomes valuable and not just a simple byproduct only that you receive from salvaging items, because by making luck in itself valuable, would make Green/Blue stuff also more valuable.

Luck Essenses could be used to turn them via Karma also into Magic Find Boosts/Campfires

Luck Essences could be used as a kind of Joker Item to convert Crafting Materials into a higher tier via the Mystic Forge.
There needs to be added a way to craft Legendary Luck Essences and there needs to be added also Ascended Luck Essences that give 400 Luck.
Legendary Essences should become as said craftable and should get they value boosted up from 500 to 1000, by having to fuse 3 Ascended Luck Essences.
And when using a legendary luch Essence, players should receive also as little reward always a random item, therefore that you lose essentially 200 Luck over using instead the 3 ascended luck essences.

By having Ascended Luck Essences and Legendary Luck Essences as craftable options, people would have better options for Luck Sinks for all their inferior 10, 50,100 and 200 Luck Essences, if you could turn them into essences worth 400 points and 1000 points + random item reward on usage.

Also what Anet could do is changing the functionality of Luck Essences for players with maxed out luck into practically “Karma Essences” that if you use a luck Essence with maxed out Luck, it basicalyl gives you Karma instead…

Then there should be also an option to convert Karma/Luck Essences into Laurels, because a laurel is the symbol of ultimate luck/competition, for winning something, being lucky to have won something, like a prize for your efforts.

Luck in itself is just a concept, that isn’t using currently in this game all of its potential!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Rauderi.8706

Long, hopeful post, Orpheal. I like it.

Other possible uses for Luck Essence (exotic):

• Vendor to convert Luck essence to spirit shards. Some players have gotten a little salty about the spirit shard change, so this would give them something to work with. And since the relationship would be blue/green → luck → spirit shard, it would give spirit shards an indirect market value.
  • Add Luck Essence recipes to craft Ascended materials faster. Example: Mithrillium = 70 Mithril Ingot + 1 Glob of Ectoplasm + 12 Thermocatalytic Reagent + 10 Luck Essence (exotic). Like the regular Mithrillium but with no cooldown. (The cloth version can stay the same… 100 bolts, ecto, 25 thread, 10 luck)
  • Mystic Forge recipe: 250 Luck Essence (exotic) + 10 Mystic Crystals (6 spirit shards) + 3 Mystic Coins + 1 rare gear / Mystic Forge Stone = 1 Exotic of rare gear’s type (or entirely random for MF Stone). [Buuut, I suspect that would ‘break’ the economy. :P]
Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Dyrewolff.5316

Dyrewolff.5316

Thumbs up to Orpheal and Rauderi’s suggestions!

Server: Anvil Rock
Dyrewolff – Warrior / Dyrepain – Ele / Gottago – Thief

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

These “eaters” are just a band-aid solution. They could just add it to the currency wallet instead.

Rauderi.8706

These “eaters” are just a band-aid solution. They could just add it to the currency wallet instead.

Also true. The ‘salvage and click’ wasn’t really necessary. Buuut, they kittened the pooch when they added it as a requirement for Mawdry. >_>

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

I really hope anet see’s this and can do something for or after HoT about it.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

No what we need is for MF to be upped to 400-500%

They should never allow essences of luck to be sold.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I could need it. I delete all my luck as I hate the account magic find system and things like that. If I ever do anything that gives me luck again I’d love to have something (especially if cute) to give it.
But there is no way I will do anything that takes effort to get it, so there goes that anyway…

Reminded of the ascended eaters, I would love their foods to be tradeable though. Because in addition of hating account wide magic find and things like that I also hate this binding of things.
My poor star goes hungry since I don’t even gain empyreal… whateveretheyweres at the moment. And since I don’t get dragonite (outside of festival boxes or something that did give it) I did not bother to get Princess.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Dreamslayer:
Just for a bit of perspective on my part.

• Did you accumulate 300MF through the standard style of game play by just salvaging your drops all the way?
    or
  • Did you buy your way to 300?

If you made it there by the standard method then I would agree, they should come up with some way to utilize Essences once you max out.

If on the other-hand you bought your way to max, then I would not agree. Rushing to max faster than the system was intended, means you would get the benefits of 300MF way beyond when the bulk of players were intended to achieve it. The plus is you get the increased drop rate sooner than the rest of us. The minus is you now need to wait for the rest of us to catch up.

I would expect that ANet can see what percentage of players have maxed out and plan accordingly.

Posted by: Regimentz.3471

Regimentz.3471

Dreamslayer:

• Did you accumulate 300MF through the standard style of game play by just salvaging your drops all the way?
    or

If you made it there by the standard method then I would agree, they should come up with some way to utilize Essences once you max out.

If on the other-hand you bought your way to max, then I would not agree. Rushing to max faster than the system was intended, means you would get the benefits of 300MF way beyond when the bulk of players were intended to achieve it. The plus is you get the increased drop rate sooner than the rest of us. The minus is you now need to wait for the rest of us to catch up.

I would expect that ANet can see what percentage of players have maxed out and plan accordingly.

If anet did’t want people to rush MF they could have capped the amount you could get use a day but they did’t so don’t hate on people that used the system with your logic people maxing anything fast like crafting to 500 or legendaries should be punished.

I know people that have played the game for 3 years an don’t have a legendary should anet not make new legendaries?

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Dreamslayer:

or

I reached 300% MF within the first couple of months after its release. This was in between when ascended weapons and ascended armor was introduced. I bought cloth items to salvage to stock up on for later use/sale.

“Faster than the system intended” – citation needed for what they “intended” Personally I wasn’t even after the luck itself. I was after the cloth mats.

We have been given additional luck outside of salvaging from seasonal bags, dailys, and they have been in bl chests. There has been plenty of time for people to max out their MF if it was something they desired.

It’s something that is useless to some players outside of one back item recipe, yet they are still being given more. Some players don’t care about their MF. A luck eater would be great for both of these types of players.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Dreamslayer:

or

If anet did’t want people to rush MF they could have capped the amount you could get use a day but they did’t so don’t hate on people that used the system with your logic people maxing anything fast like crafting to 500 or legendaries should be punished.

I know people that have played the game for 3 years an don’t have a legendary should anet not make new legendaries?

Well I was asking a question of Dreamslayer but ok I will address.

1. I don’t hate on anybody.
  2. As I said before if you rush to the max then there are consequences to your decision to do so. In this case the consequence is now your Essences are not worth much. BUT your Magic Find IS.
  3. If you rush to 500 crafting then you gain the benefit of being able to use your Grand Master quicker than everyone else. The minus is it costs you a ton more money to do so. For example: I just crafted my way to max level on all crafting professions when I had gotten enough materials to do so. It cost me almost no GP to max all professions. If I wanted to max out crafting right away and buy all the materials then I would have had to accept the loss of Gold to achieve my goal.
  4. Now for your Legendary example, same thing. Some people, myself included, have been playing since Pre-launch and don’t have a Legendary. Why? Well for one I have not gotten a Precursor drop yet. Now if I wanted a Legendary fast, I could just buy one; the benefit is I get my Legendary right away, the negative is, like all the other examples, it would cost me 2k+ Gold. I am not willing to accept the negative and therefore do not have a Legendary.

The point that I failed to present clearly enough is, it is not about punishment. It is a cost/benefit analysis.

Mind you, if you read my previous post I am not saying that is the case of the OP, just posing a scenario.

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Dreamslayer:

or

I reached 300% MF within the first couple of months after its release. This was in between when ascended weapons and ascended armor was introduced. I bought cloth items to salvage to stock up on for later use/sale.

“Faster than the system intended” – citation needed for what they “intended” Personally I wasn’t even after the luck itself. I was after the cloth mats.

We have been given additional luck outside of salvaging from seasonal bags, dailys, and they have been in bl chests. There has been plenty of time for people to max out their MF if it was something they desired.

It’s something that is useless to some players outside of one back item recipe, yet they are still being given more. Some players don’t care about their MF. A luck eater would be great for both of these types of players.

Aberrant:

Hmmm…So in your case the Essences were an unintended result of your intend goal. That is some good food for thought.

P.S. I truly covet your Linen/Silk supply!

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I’ll eat everyone’s luck, please ;_;

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Why save it once you hit 300%? Right click destroy. Done. It served it’s purpose.

I held onto like 50 fractal ascended rings that I’d never use. Now lo and behold with HoT ascended salvage. I just store them for the time being on an alt I don’t play anymore. One day that extra luck maybe worth something again as well.

Posted by: upsdn.5426

upsdn.5426

Blahblahblah

I don’t.
I play since release.

You “play since release”? But you don’t need one? I suppose that means you “don’t play that much since release.”

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I don’t have maximum magic find.
I if I had I would rather want luck essences to be useful for jeweller.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

there is maximum amount of luck? O.o

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’ve been playing 1-2 hours per day and I’m only at 148…

But I can appreciate that this might be annoying once you do hit 300.

I think simple vendor to trade it for mats would be good.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No I don’t. 203/300.

Still a long time until I hit the cap.

But I wouldn’t mind of one was added, as long as you can’t use it until you max your luck.

It could be the reward from an achievement:

• Achievement: “Lucked Out”. Earned by maxing your account’s base Luck.
    • Title: Lucky
    • Tiers: 6, same as Lucky in GW1, yay for references. Reached at 10, 50, 100, 150, 200, and 300 base luck.
    • Reward: Gaki’s Head. The head of a Luck Eater Gaki brought from Cantha by a a poor soul that was found washed ashore somewhere in the coasts of Tyria. Looks like he ran out of luck.
      • Consumes Legendary Essences of luck returning 5 reward bags for each essence. No daily limits for consuming legendary ones.
      • Consumes 3 to 6 exotic essences of luck daily for the same type of reward bags. For exotics there’s a daily limit like with the other ‘stuff-eating’ gizmos.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

hitting max luck should give an achievement which rewards something akin to mawdrey II that can eat exotic essences of luck.

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Just increase the cap and make it each percent increase cost more. By that I mean more so than it already does. A steeper curve.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

the issue is not just storage space its that a part of our rewards would be rendered worthless. even if we avoid salvaging blues and greens luck essence makes up 1/7th of our daily login rewards

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I’ve maxed my magic find from luck. I now have 15 stacks of 250 exotic essence of luck (200 luck each) and one stack of 51. That’s 3,801 × 200 luck = 760,200 luck. I’m scared to destroy them lest ANET come up with some use for them the next day. I destroyed some of my tricolor key fragments a while back and now I suddenly have a use for them with the mordrem invasion. Who knew?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Blahblahblah

I don’t.
I play since release.

You “play since release”? But you don’t need one? I suppose that means you “don’t play that much since release.”

I suppose it means nothing of the sort. I’ve been playing since release, I opened tons of bags that dropped luck, salvaged ecto for profit, and have done a lot of things that have increased my luck.

And yet, I’m not maxed out.

If you chose to grind out to max MF, enjoy having the better loot (on average) than nearly everyone else in the game. I don’t think ANet needs to add any additional incentives for luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve been playing since beta. The last time I checked I was at 6k hours, and I don’t have luck maxed out. Mine is around 170. One reason why is I don’t salvage everything. I got tired of salvaging items that vendor around 2 silver and getting a piece of leather worth a few copper or one mithril. About the only things I salvage nowadays is light armor and blues.

When you consider how unuseful ANet is making magic find then it becomes even less worth salvaging to get it. In the original maps, magic find only works on drops from kills. Most of the good stuff is in a container now that magic find doesn’t effect. Or the mobs don’t even drop anything (most of the mobs in the Teq event). From comments I’ve seen in chat, max magic find is pretty rare and most people have less than me.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

luck eater or more recipes would be good. I read some comment above that said just sell your items instead of salvaging, but that works out pretty badly if you want to maximize income, as you need to salvage rares for ectos unless they’re very high value, so you either choose to make less gold, or more gold plus luck that you can’t use. Anyway, having another option to use up excess luck does nothing to hurt people who haven’t maxed it out yet, and would be very cool for those people who have put in the time.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Just a flesh wound.3589

luck eater or more recipes would be good. I read some comment above that said just sell your items instead of salvaging, but that works out pretty badly if you want to maximize income, as you need to salvage rares for ectos unless they’re very high value, so you either choose to make less gold, or more gold plus luck that you can’t use. Anyway, having another option to use up excess luck does nothing to hurt people who haven’t maxed it out yet, and would be very cool for those people who have put in the time.

You don’t get luck from rares, so it’s not a part of the salvaging for luck part of this thread. Those are handled differently from the 1-2silver greens and blues.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

You don’t get luck from rares, so it’s not a part of the salvaging for luck part of this thread. Those are handled differently from the 1-2silver greens and blues.

Really? I guess I do so much salvaging at one time I never noticed. Good to know. I suppose in that case, yes, I’d just sell them, but I still don’t see how a luck eater or more recipes wold hurt anything, as the daily ones would still stack up over time. Or, heck, just the luck from salvaging every piece of light armor for the more expensive mats.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: McJAC.4739

McJAC.4739

Easiest way to solve this is to make it tradable or/and increase the cap….it should be incredibly easy to do this. I don’t know why are some people so agains this. It doesn’t affect you in any negative way, it can only help you. Instead of salvaging 100,000 items, you could just save your mouse some suffering and buy it. Not everyone will accidentaly find a profitable way to get to 300% (and all accidental ways are a lot of work anyways).

No, I don’t want to not salvage all fine/masterwork items. It is not worth my time to sell things that are worth 1-10 silver on TP, especially if I have to sell each individual armor piece separately. It must consume a lot of your time (time good spent!). I don’t even want to sort my items for salvaging and for vendoring…again, too time consuming for little reward. There are better ways how you can spend your time than playing with your inventory for few silver.

There has been a lot of other interesting solutions, sure luck eater can work, it will just be much more work than the previous 2 solutions, which means waiting longer for a change in my opinion.

I’m not sure if recepies consuming luck would work. The current ones consume so little luck that you have no chance of ever consuming your supply this way. Stack of blue rarity luck is nothing. I made couple dozens of those lucky rams and it didn’t make a dent into my stored luck, especially because you cannot downgrade your luck. The new recepies would need to require stack of exotic luck to make a difference. But then you are making those recepies unreachable for regular players. How many of you have ever seen a full stack of exotic luck? If you don’t purposely salvage items to get luck (or as a by-product) then you have likely never seen a full stack of exotic luck. Sure you can make an effort to get there but it will take considerable amount of time to get it by convetional methods.

Finally, first thing that should be done, which would help a lot, would be introducinig Legendary Essence of Luck recepie so that we can save some space. This change would help with storage issues for couple of months probably, maybe longer. In the meantime ANet can come up with a solution they like when they have actually time to look at this small issue in compariosn to releasing HoT and story updates.

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

It’s simple:

- Increase the limit to 400.
- 50 Stacks of Exotic Essences per 1%, increasing to 100 Stacks after hitting 350% MF
- Make a Recipe to combine a stack of 250 exotic essences to “One Stack of Luck Essences (Exotic)”

Everyone’s happy.

:P

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

MF is useless anyway because rare, exotic and ascended drop rates are so low. I buffed myself + mists buffs from 118 to 320 on many occasions and noticed no difference.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I suggested a use after the “Lunar New Year” event. I asked if our essence of luck could be crafted into Homemade Lucky Envelopes? Luck to Lucky, it just fits thematically right??? Since they were fun and unique, they could also be used to directly craft Lunar New Year fireworks. At least these changes wouldn’t effect the economy and create a supply chain for those items.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.