I need a Luck Essence eater. We all do.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: StrangerDanger.3496

StrangerDanger.3496

I don’t see why they cant just add a mystic forge recipe for essence stacks. Maybe an NPC where you can buy black lion keys for insane amounts of luck…maybe the npc vendor would convert the essence to currency based on how much luck it would have provided, then that currency could be used to buy a few things, including some rare dye boxes and keys…something someone who has it all but is still actively playing the character will find useful, and I don’t see this being of any use to anyone other than those few who have everything….it would be nice to know that in the future once I get all my weapons I want, my crafting to ascended, tons of materials to craft, and magic find maxed, that I could still farm on the character for something of use to my character.

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

With my luck they’d make them where you can sell them or make something valuable out of them and then after I used all of mine up they’d raise the cap to 400.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I only recently hit 151%, and I’ve been playing since the headstart. I don’t expect to hit cap until maybe 5 years from now, primarily because MF is a myth and I’ve noticed no difference in drop rates.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t see why they cant just add a mystic forge recipe for essence stacks.

They could. The question is: why is it good for the entire community to do so? Of course, this is good for people who already have maxed luck — is it also good for people who have yet to do so?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

hitting max luck should give an achievement which rewards something akin to mawdrey II that can eat exotic essences of luck.

Nice idea. That seems like a natural progression.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Make a genie who’ll be able to be summoned once a day (,if fed enough luck,) and gives:
- you a trip to somewhere you do NOT not want to be. In a solo fractal without an exit, other then finishing it or a dungeon path with no exit, except finishing it. You can gamble or do the path whcih could give you any named exotic on succes But if you log out and in again, you’ll be back in your dungeon/fractal.

I like that. I really do. A malevolent genie. >:D Now that would be interesting.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Just hitting 300% MF myself. an Luck Essence Eater would be nice.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

A story if you will. . .

I had 0% luck. I was on a level 14. I fought Shadow Behemoth. I got exotics.

I learn about magic find. I stack it to 101% and I return to Shadow Behemoth on a level 80 character. Haven’t gotten 1 exotic from him since.

MF cursed me. Never forgive. Never Forget.

(Side note – I do know MF doesn’t effect containers >.>)

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I had 0% luck. I was on a level 14. I fought Shadow Behemoth. I got exotics.

I learn about magic find. I stack it to 101% and I return to Shadow Behemoth on a level 80 character. Haven’t gotten 1 exotic from him since.

A 100% increase in the drop rate of something that only has a 0.001% of dropping is still only 0.002%.

Even the max of 300% is only 4x the rate. Quadrupling insignificant = only slightly less insignificant.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

From somebody that has x2 the max luck needed….just sitting in inventory: Please! Anything to burn this luck up.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

From somebody that has x2 the max luck needed….just sitting in inventory: Please! Anything to burn this luck up.

There already is a way to burn it right click destroy volia I fixed it for you nothing had to be added either.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

There already is a way to burn it right click destroy volia I fixed it for you nothing had to be added either.

roll eyes you are the go to person for everyone problems fixing everything for them, end sarcasm.

Anet added ways to get rid of all the extra Bloodstone Dust, empyreal fragments, candy corn , dragonite ore and Karma, so It’s an reasonable request.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

no, we don’t.
i didn’t specifically and intentionally go out of the way to max my magic find so i am not max yet

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I played since headstart and have 240% magic find, I’m in the capped zone now: 30k luck for +1%

I do think MF does help, but It’s not “a guaranteed exotic on each dungeon path”
I do get more rare’s though…

I have salvaged some ecto’s during crafting but not to gain luck… Mostly cause I run out of crystaline dust…. If you need 20 or 30 dust you’ll not get +1% at the amounts I need now. People at max luck: at the moment you’re out of luck….

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Linken.6345

roll eyes you are the go to person for everyone problems fixing everything for them, end sarcasm.

Anet added ways to get rid of all the extra Bloodstone Dust, empyreal fragments, candy corn , dragonite ore and Karma, so It’s an reasonable request.

Well to be fair s/he did ask for anything not a item to eat it and get bags from specifically.

Linken.6345

I played since headstart and have 240% magic find, I’m in the capped zone now: 30k luck for +1%

I do think MF does help, but It’s not “a guaranteed exotic on each dungeon path”
I do get more rare’s though…

I have salvaged some ecto’s during crafting but not to gain luck… Mostly cause I run out of crystaline dust…. If you need 20 or 30 dust you’ll not get +1% at the amounts I need now. People at max luck: at the moment you’re out of luck….

In the same boat here played since head start with a roughly 2 months break, computer breaking down in for repair then dident feel the urge right away, when comp returned at 182 atm

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

While some item that consumes luck would be nice (preferably dolling out short term “lucky” buffs as opposed to green items) what I’d like is the ability to concentrate my luck.

I want a recipe which unlocks once you hit mf 300% with which you can combine ten 10 point lucks, ten 50 point lucks, ten 100 point lucks and ten 200 point lucks into “Grossly Concentrated Essence of luck”.

“Grossly Concentrated Essence of Luck” could then be used as a substitute item into several mystic forge recipes (defaulting to replacing the largest common crafting material stack) – complete with a rumor that it may increase the odds of receiving rarer rng table results.

A second recipe would also become available, allowing the user to combine 100 “Grossly Concentrated Essence of Luck” into a " Nauseatingly Concentrated Essence of Luck". “Nauseatingly Concentrated Essence of Luck” would be able to substitute for other items in mystic forge recipes (defaulting to replace the smallest of stack fine crafting material) and while it would be guaranteed to NOT increase the quality of rng returns, it would be guaranteed to give Zommoros indigestion.

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

We definitely need a luck eater. It’s a useless resource once you hit max luck and it’s so easy to accumulate vast amounts of it if you farm the larger meta maps. Something similar to the other eaters would be perfect and if they can in addition come up with more uses for it then also great.

All resources should continue to have some value. Especially salvaged resources.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Why save it once you hit 300%? Right click destroy. Done. It served it’s purpose.

Usually i do something like this with standard currencies.
I simply set em into my invisible bag, and then when they are done ( 250+ ) i simply use em, sell em or delete em.

http://imgur.com/a/i7OfZ

Just to let you see.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

A couple of things

1) the luck eater shouldn’t go to the general population but only to those who have maxed out luck. Considering how little impact luck seems to have on day to day drops, wouldn’t a luck eater that gives you items be more valuable than luck itself? If ANet gave a luck eater that gave items worth more than advancing your luck then no one would advance their luck bar. If instead it gives items of little value then it wouldn’t be worth tying up an inventory slot.

2) it should give mats only. If it gave gear, then it has a (diminishing) loop where you eat luck to get gear, salvage, get more luck which goes to the luck eater to get more gear. Salvage for more luck.

Of course, this (and the other eaters) can impact the value of mats, making them worth less gold to sell and making events less rewarding as the salvaged gear is of even less value.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I’m glad to see this thread resurrected. “Arise!” Yes, please give us a solution for unusable luck. I like the idea of letting it go free market, but doubt that will fly. An eater is a solution, but those eaters give such sad results. Recipes could do the trick but unless it’s a multitude of usable foods please don’t make the end result account bound. I have no use for 1000’s of cute, fuzzy backpack skins. Further compaction would work as a stopgap but really isn’t a solution.

To address a side issue for those who say there is little need to fix this issue because an aberrant play style was used, I’d ask the question isn’t “play your own game” at the core of Guild Wars 2? Just because a minority of players hit this issue earlier than some, they some how don’t deserve a solution until the majority catch up? As I see it there is a design flaw, the bucket was going to overflow as soon as the mechanic of Luck was introduced. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

No ty. To have maxed luck one would need to go out of their way to get it. In doing so they have benfitted from it, either from salvage profits and/or increased drop rarity. There is no reason to incentivise a race to max playstlye, specially when the race is long to begin with. Those who ploughed through to the end knew what they were doing and as such should not be rewarded for doing such. I being close to max do not derserve extra on top of what playing more than most already gives me.

I would like to see dev input on those who have maxed out luck that say they didn’t do it intenionally.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

ANet should just add more ways to spend Luck for somethign aside of just increasing MF% and the problem is done at least for a while or forever, based on if these new added methods for spending are either again like MF% designed around a limit, or if they are methods that allow you to spend luck essence endlessly for something as its by design a method, without a limit of spending luck essence as you will basically always spend luck essence on it…

Example:

- Add recipes, which require Luck Essence to craft some new Sigils that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add recipes which require Luck Essence to craft some new Runes that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add Vendor Slot, which you can pay instead with Karma with Luck Essence
- Add recipes which require Luck Essence to craft some new Weapons that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add recipes which require Luck Essence to craft some new Armor Parts that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add recipes which require Luck Essence to craft some new Trinkets that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add recipes which require Luck Essense to craft a Backitem that requires Luck Essence to craft
- Add recipes which require Luck Essence to craft an Aqua Breather that requires Luck ssence to craft
- Add recipes which require luck Essence to craft to craft Buff Food/Items that require Luck Essence to craft
- Add Vendors which allow you to buy WvW Traps and Blueprints also optionally with Luck Essence
- Add Vendors, which convert Luck Essence into Karma, Badges of Honor or in PvE into other Map Currencies like Crystalline Ore like Legendary Luck Essences (value of 500 Luck) = 1 Crystalline Ore

and so on and so forth… basically saying here – where’s a will, there’s also a way.
ANet just has to add such kind of things and people would have quickly something for a long time, that would keep them and their overload on Luck Essence busy

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Just increase the cap to 400% continuing the steep curve it already has, 300-400 should prob be the same as 0-300.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You can craft the great lucky lanterns then sell them on the TP for good profit. The Great Ram especially is very profitable

Note: you need the non-great versions for it to be profitable

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

A couple of things

1) the luck eater shouldn’t go to the general population but only to those who have maxed out luck. Considering how little impact luck seems to have on day to day drops, wouldn’t a luck eater that gives you items be more valuable than luck itself? If ANet gave a luck eater that gave items worth more than advancing your luck then no one would advance their luck bar. If instead it gives items of little value then it wouldn’t be worth tying up an inventory slot.

2) it should give mats only. If it gave gear, then it has a (diminishing) loop where you eat luck to get gear, salvage, get more luck which goes to the luck eater to get more gear. Salvage for more luck.

Of course, this (and the other eaters) can impact the value of mats, making them worth less gold to sell and making events less rewarding as the salvaged gear is of even less value.

Plus I think they would have to change Glob of Ectoplasm salvage to no longer give luck. You can max out luck to 300 in a day doing that.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

You can craft the great lucky lanterns then sell them on the TP for good profit. The Great Ram especially is very profitable

Note: you need the non-great versions for it to be profitable

Yes this is true and it doesn’t solve the problem for several reasons. IIRC the unit of Luck required is a smaller value that any player with excess Luck would store it. It doesn’t use enough Luck. IF I were to craft that back item the market would crash when just I dropped 900+ backpacks into the TP. Oh yeah and I need the non-great versions first. No this just isn’t a solution.

As a side note. The reason I have excess Luck is because when I pushed to get max MF I found I could earn excess gold in the process. See my previous post concerning my view of the Luck mechanic.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

3500+ Exotic Essence and counting.

An Essence Gobbler would be nice, but I think there are some other things that could be implemented that could also work well.

Or if that’s too much work right now, add a recipe to let us craft exotic into Legendary. Requires 5 exotic, and results in 2 Legendary (this overcomes the issue of an exotic being 200 luck, and a legendary being 500).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!