I need a trash compactor in my life

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

(or at least in my inventory)

So I’m envisioning a bag… with XX slots. Champ (or other) boxes go in there with preference (same as, say, Oiled Bag).
Then you push a button (or maybe flip a lever) and all the boxes get scrapped into coppers and mats that you would get from shredding everything contained in the boxes (except for yellows+). Then those mats get deposited in your storage. Automatically.
Where do I /kneel to get it? Willing to pay in gems.

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I don’t think it’s technically possible whilst it’s a great idea.
Some boxes contain bags or other boxes, some bags contain further bags.
Once they’d all been opened (as long as the new bag isn’t already full) a deposit all mats function would have to run. Some people would not want you to deposit mats, they want to sell them.
Ignore those people for now.
Also run a sell all game-marked junk.
Now you have gear. Blues, greens, yellows, oranges maybe. What if you had different salvaging kits with different %‘s of return on them? Which ones would we use here? Those kits cost money so who’d pay for that?
Ignoring that for now.
You also have possibly got trophies. They can’t be sold or deposited except into a bank. How does the game deal with those? Just delete them? Just deposit them?
Ignoring that for now.
You have runes and sigils of different value to different people. How do you decide what to sell and what to keep?
If you ignore ALL of that and just deposit all mats and vendor all goods, you make it simpler. But you really want to vendor all that salvagable gear? All that cloth and linen and maybe leather?

There’s so many things the player themselves needs to choose but I do like the idea of a salvage bag that you put things in and which runs a function across all the items in it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: inubasiri.8745

inubasiri.8745

Well next to the button captioned “CHOMP” could be a cogwheel where you could set such options.
For the salvage part, we could feed it with salvage kits or put a salvage-o-matic in one of its slots.
Sorry it’s just a rant of someone coming out of silverwastes with a stack of boxes, that you can’t just get rid of that contain waste of time, luck and mats.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I wish there was a sort of ‘filter’ for the misc/junk items we all find from loot bags. Like what the OP was getting at, but more of a ‘Mawdrey’ item that gives you a drop-list with misc items you can choose to dispose of.

Mini Raccoon (since they eat almost anything or something that sits in your inventory)
- Choose Mini Raccoons diet:
- Unidentified Object
- Mushed Fungus
- Etc

But doesn’t have to be said raccoon, can be a compactor of some kind that’ll dispose of filtered item as it appears in your inventory saving you ALOT of micromanaging.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

I don’t think it’s technically possible whilst it’s a great idea.

If GW2 supported addons like other MMOs, this problem would have already been solved. All of your what ifs are solved by setting up rules, the complexity of which are up to the author. GW2 will likely never support addons however nor implement something like this themselves. A program could do it by recognizing icons, you can even verify them by pulling your inventory through the API, but the automation would be against the rules.

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

its by design.

spend 2 hrs doing meta AB, spend 30 mins cleaning out your bags, just in time to do meta again.

no down time rite?