I payed and I should.....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frost.1503

Frost.1503

I bought in the back lion some armor, weapon and outfit…
The outfit I can use on every charter and every time I want.
The armor and the weapon I must use a charge trasmutation, so I should pay every time again and again for use it….
Why i should pay for somethings that is mine? I bought the skin, why I should buy it again? I should use again 6 trasmutazione charge for a armor and 1 or 2 for a weapon for every charter? this become too EXPANSIVE.
Edit: I can take for free the trasmutation charge but I should spend my time and if I should spend my time for have a trasmutation charge, why I should not spend It for a free skin. I buy armor and skin of weapon for have nice look in short time (but I pay).

(edited by Frost.1503)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

That’s just how things are.

Outfits require no charge for equipping and there are no weight restrictions, can be used on any class. You cannot mix and match these (that is the disadvantage).
Armor sets on the other hand can be mixed and matched and since each skin is applied to a specific piece, you need to pay charges each time you want to change.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

OP, that would be a great arguement, if it wasn’t for the fact that you can get transmutation charges for free from map completions (especially the cities), random black lion chest drops, and the daily login rewards (3 on day 26).

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I kinda agree with your point,many people have loads of transmute stones but they have been playing for a long time aswell,so switching gear doesn’t really matter for them.But when you’re stuck on 10 – 20 stones,and you’re the type that likes to change gear Alot, ( RP purpose or whatever the cause is ) Then you may have a problem.I think charging money to change the look of gear is just to milk money from people willing to spend it on the stones,this certainly show how they sell the stones by 5 instead of 6…..it’s certainly not making things easier as ive also seen when making another char.And the current price of transmute stones is just too expensive,

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Don’t buy transmutes (if that’s the expensive bit you mean). I understand you want to look as fabbo as you can at all times but my advice is to wait for transmute charges to come to you. If you play long enough you’ll be rolling in them.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Oh and pvp reward tracks are a steady and reliable source of charges too.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Don’t bother transmuting your armour until you’re 80. You’ll be swapping out armour so frequently that you’d be throwing transmutation charges away.

I’m swimming in transmutation charges simply from PvP and map completion. No need to buy them. You get one guaranteed from every city map you complete (which takes 20 minutes if you know what to do). You also get a transmutation charge or black lion key from each regular map you complete.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Don’t bother transmuting your armor or weapons until you’re level 80. As other people have said you’ll be changing them too frequently for it to be worthwhile.

If you don’t like how they look use the outfit instead. Although this can be a good opportunity to try out some skins you might not have considered.

After level 80 you can either pick one set of skins you like, or transmute several different ones onto different armor pieces and then switch between them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Don’t want to pay? Grind out some transmute charges in pvp

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

What I never understood is why people pay for transmutation charges in the first place, they are so easy to get ingame..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Yep. Map completion gives you one per zone. Cities included

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

pvp gives you an unlimited number as well. I get several a day from pvp alone

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

So a little map scraping, a little PVP and you can change your outfit like a drag queen.
What’s the problem?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Im surprised how you people don’t see the issue the Op is mentioning. Play a little pvp,complete some maps and you get stones ? How is this enough if the person in question likes to change gear several times a day for whatever reason it may be ? The current system is Heavily limiting these people from doing this,lots of people have world map completion aswell so there arn’t any stones to get from that,besides the few you get from pvp arn’t even worth mentioning.

Simply put,asking money for Switching gear,is wrong no matter how you put it.Then Selling them by 5 instead of 6 is just pure greed.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)