I personally do not care about underwater

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

At least as long as we have so many game affecting bugs, please do not devote any more work to underwater combat and fix ground based combat first. After all, we spend <5% of our gaming time underwater, and even that is probably overstating the importance of underwater skills…

To give some pointers:
- Fractal Dcs
- Condition builds are worthless in groups
- Engineers lack stats from their weapons in pve
- Mesmers are broken in tpvp
- Karma is worthless

[Thread title edited by moderator for clarity/accuracy. Please refrain from making inflammatory thread titles and from speaking on behalf of every player in the game.]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

- Attack speed issues with numerous skills, especially #1 skills on auto.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Nothing better than trying to run in circles to attack the mob while hes clinging on your tail…or better yet…just have a stand off that has ‘less than 6 degreees of separation’.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

How are condition builds “worthless” in groups?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Conditions only stack up to 25 per mob rather than per person, so people have convinced themselves that condition builds are useless for this reason.

Personally I’ve never experienced problems with MY condition build but I guess I’m just not paying enough attention, maybe.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Well if someone has more burning than you, you might as well not even apply burning.

It also means that in a group, damage kills an enemy faster than condition can make a dent.

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

I give a kitten about underwater combat. These were probably fixes long in the works and they tossed them in with the holiday patch.

Amazes me how they fix something and people still complain.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

My guess is his issue is with having a 25 stack cap so everyone can’t play a bleed spec. Which is not actually an issue since you have three attributes on armor sets, can reset major trait bonuses and skills, and can communicate with your group beforehand to see if there is going to be a conflict.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: ZeroArmada.9426

ZeroArmada.9426

I didn’t think of that, but good point. I wouldn’t go so far as to say they’re worthless though.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Underwater areas look great. And their needs to be improved combat system for underwater too.

Anet can have teams working on all aspects of the game.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

I enjoy underwater. So, I give a kitten. XD

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

By putting nobody you invalidate your whole post. You should have said “I don’t give a kitten about underwater.” That is more valid and might get you a better response.

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

I hate underwater fights. Its so difficult because of the three-dimensional orienting required.

That’s why it needs to be worked on and improved.

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

I avoid underwater. It’s fine but a hassle compared to normal areas.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

The stack cap. The conditions are being placed by everything, so just because you dropped all your points into condition damage doesn’t mean bob and his 10 buddies have, too. AND, if they stack it pretty high before you get involved, you might not even get that many on the NPCs anyhow. The result is that you are kind of a dead weight on the group.

You’ll see this most plainly in Orr (if you can ever find a group there anymore…) Back when Orr was populated (pre factals), Plinx farming was the big thing. I joined in on that group – level 80, full exotics, all condition damage dual pistol engie. I couldn’t even get my kills to register. I would be the first person shooting an NPC, and when it died I STILL wouldn’t register as a participant, because of how little damage I did, and so I got 0 XP, 0 loot and a silver badge for the event.

I switched out my condition gear with power gear and haven’t had that problem since.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Many people do give a kitten about underwater. It’s a beautiful world down there and could be a great part of the game. They just need to take care of the player power, invul-reset, mob density (no meaningful movement without further aggro), respawn rate, aggro range problems and problem solved. I do agree they need to better prioritize resources. The priority should favor the fixing of existing content over the introduction of new content. I think they are a little over-ambitious. I think most people would be happy waiting if they were seeing glaring problems getting fixed.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Legionius.3641

Legionius.3641

Conditions are considered less reliable because so many classes have one or two mindless traits or abilities that apply them automatically, even if they don’t want to be a condition build. With capping and duration increases all being single stacks, certain classes that lean more strongly towards conditions can actually weakened by the group itself.

One full out condition build in a group is usually ok but, more than that and it’s just too limited for anyone to hit full potential.

There’s been a quite a bit of math floating around that a few classes scale better with power or crit or crit damage combinations even on abilities that seem to be meant for condition stacking.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I care about underwater battles. They’re my favorite part of the game.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Juris Doctor.9842

Juris Doctor.9842

I give a kitten about underwater combat. These were probably fixes long in the works and they tossed them in with the holiday patch.

Amazes me how they fix something and people still complain.

Thank you.

Tarnished Coast [US] | Kerrick – Guardian

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Karma worthless?!

Has anyone tried to get off their kitten and done something about Orr temples? I guess not because its not what pays gold. Be a good person for once and help players you selfish brats.

If I had a decent computer (I do not) I’d be getting people together to clear them out of you guys won’t. I know what’s wrong with the game and its not what most people complain about.

Now we know why people leave this game because no one cares to do stuff together as its not worth the Damn kittening money. Go run your Plinx and other similar DEs until no one is left to play with you. You should have acted earlier!

Grenth/Arah are most popular though as they have the best exotic armor part stats. Balkthazar has the sole material needed for some legendaries and they are 2000 karma each.

They are 42000 karma each. Also karma I used for every rare and exotic recipe in each craft I had. Those cost about 16k total alone to have them all in one craft. Rare pieces sell even today! Even if its temporary level up gear.

7 crafts (cook doesn’t have rare or exotic recipes) means 112k.

Karma is far from useless. Go out more help other needy players and keep them form leaving the game for once. Stop grinding in fractals! As it will be your fault not ANET’s!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

3D dimensional combat is challenging….Engineers are a god underwater. Ele’s aint bad either as long as you keep moving.

I like it, personally.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Rehashed Jibe Tube.7102

Nobody GAVE a kitten about underwater because it needed fixing. I personally love the underwater environments from an exploration point of view, but don’t spend the time I would like in them because of combat issues.

I’m glad they are investing time into underwater stuff. A good percentage of the world is underwater Including many interesting ruins. It was clearly a major part of the general design of the game. I’d hate to see that neglected.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice, Aquaman is making a tuna sandwich because he can’t do crap!

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

As a necro I feel really underpowered underwater since most of my skills are blanked out. As an engineer, I feel mainly unchanged underwater (except for the nade kit changes). As for engineer lack of stats, we’ve had to deal with it since the very beginning regardless of being underwater or not (at least if we’re using kits)

Posted by: Kindread.9481

Kindread.9481

Anyone else read this tread title as “Nobody gives a kitten about underware.” ?

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

You need to not pretend to speak for anyone else but yourself. It’s factually wrong and rude to claim to speak for everybody.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Underwater combat has been terrible.
Seeing all of the underwater-related updates in the latest patch was amazing, regardless of other issues. Mobs going invulnerable may still be A Thing(tm), but at least there was some love given to our aquatic adventures.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

‘Hey guys we don’t like underwater combat because it isn’t fun so please don’t try and make it better.’

Makes sense….

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

I like it, to each their own.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

One major issue I have with it is when you get into combat near the surface – camera zooms in and can’t see kitten ahead of you – This is the same near walls and plants. It feels like the enemies just cling on to you, no matter how you move.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Thief → Spear 5

LOL Underwater combat

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

I enjoy underwater. So, I give a kitten. XD

same xD

When the mother-of-all-dragons emerges from a trench in the Sea of Sorrows and we are sent to intercept her before she reaches air (at which point she procreates exponentially, like Gremlins-in-reverse)… You will care* too!

*if the loot is worth it

Posted by: Artemis Noir.3804

Artemis Noir.3804

I hate it when people presume to speak for all by using terms like “Nobody,” or “Everybody.”

I, for one, enjoy being underwater. The artwork is gorgeous, and the atmosphere beautifully rendered. Sometimes when I want to do something calming I take a character for a swim. At least now when I do so, combat is much improved and I am less likely to die.

Posted by: Umungus.8326

Umungus.8326

Not signed.

Debug both mode of combat, please.

And i do, to, love underwater in this game, combat or not.

Innocence prove nothing.

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice, Aquaman is making a tuna sandwich because he can’t do crap!

Nice Frank Caliendo quote. LOL

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

People have a problem with underwater combat now ?

I thought that was one of the better additions to the MMO genre.
Swimming is cool man. If there are some small issues that can be addressed then by all means do it.

You can’t expect the devs to prioritize one bug over another considering the mountain of fixes that need to be done, just because that is the bug that annoys you the most. It will all get done in time.

Also mesmers are broken in tpvp ? lol sounds like you need to update your spec, just saying. The usual spamathon of illusion won’t work there, but that does not mean mesmers don’t have other tricks up there sleeves :p

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I happen to enjoy underwater combat. Wish there was more of it~ was hoping the new zone was going to have a gigantic ocean but it didn’t.

http://youtu.be/C8OBlq_svBY

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

-thief broken, too

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

I realized today while swimming with a clothie friend: The whole point of introducing underwater content was the panty shots. I mean, really, let’s be honest.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

-thief broken, too

Wish I could use my speargun on land so I could have a 1200 range weapon.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

To make underwater fun and viable the “invulnerable bug” needs to go, months after Guildwars 2 came out its still there…

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

My guess is his issue is with having a 25 stack cap so everyone can’t play a bleed spec. Which is not actually an issue since you have three attributes on armor sets, can reset major trait bonuses and skills, and can communicate with your group beforehand to see if there is going to be a conflict.

My, my aren’t you cute little apologist.

Raw damage dealers don’t have to respecc just because there are another raw damage dealer in the group, why should a condition damage dealer have to?

It is broken and unfair.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Viith.2805

Viith.2805

I also enjoy underwater combat. Here’s hoping for an entire underwater zone someday !

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

- Attack speed issues with numerous skills, especially #1 skills on auto.

grenades/pistols/bomb timers come to mind on this one, they’ve been too slow since day 1. Even for the thief pistols.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

I enjoy the underwater worlds and have never had a problem with the 3 dimensional environment. I also enjoy flight simulators, don’t know if there is a connection there or not.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

-thief broken, too

Wish I could use my speargun on land so I could have a 1200 range weapon.

Wish my ranger could use the spear on land, that would have been an awesome weapon for melee!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

ranger piranha skill is the greatest skill in an mmo over!