I personally do not want new content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Well they appear to be on the ball did they not just release a patch today?’

Yeah, they did. However the Patch broke more than it fixed.

Posted by: AerictheBoss.9172

AerictheBoss.9172

That list was pretty huge bet you can’t name more things “broken” than fixed and I’ll be impressed if you get past two.

I understand the point of the thread but to whine about it right after a patch is just wrong on so many levels. Show some decency.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Ironically it was changing the thread title which derailed this thread. We does not me we all, multiple people share the OPs view, multiple people is not I, it’s we. Thus we is correct.

As odericko said, “There is surely enough opinions that would make We more appropriate. We =/= everyone, We = more than one.”

Now can we get back on topic and discuss the issue of current content vs new content and how players value each in comparison to the other? They are not mutually exclusive but they do compete for the same resources. Prioritising those resources is a key issue here.

Exactly.

People are simply focusing on the fact that his thread title was slightly misleading and incorrect (a simple mistake) and using that to turn his argument into a straw man,
his real point was this exactly.

I’ve yet to see anyone prove that powering on with further content releases is better than fixing the horribly broken content that plagues the game currently.

Again.

It it simply isn’t a matter of ‘fixing’ the content that is already in the game.

It’s a juggling act, more man power and resources could be more beneficial to the QA team and give more comprehensive testing and direction for bug fixes to the team assigned to fixing them. The cost is in time.

It isn’t a matter of simply halting content production. That content is intended to keep the highest possible amount of concurrent players. Who may or may not be willing to pay for gems, but regardless, more is better.

If people are simply stagnating, waiting for bug fixes then the concurrent users will fall.

Currently there are people working solely on bug fixing and balancing. These fixes are being rolled out as fast as they are made (given the finite resources available), along with content, which is just as important from a business perspective.

So what you’re saying is that he’s wrongly assumed that stopping new content such as area’s etc, will stop bugs and that instead it will simply lead to stagnation?

Is this however fact or more conjecture? and are you privy to the inner working of the development team to make these claims?

Irony…. xD

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

I understand that there are probably separate teams that work on various different things in GW2. The problem is, it was said that there are only 2 people working on all of the classes. TWO!

The content designers can keep making content, but please hire more people to be completely dedicated to bug fixes / class fixes. Two is not enough.

I am stunned there aren’t dedicated developers for every profession.

That’s… that’s just… dumb.

Professions are the core of the game, they have to have a dedicated focus or you’re going to be doing nothing but two people putting out fires here and there and breaking everything when trying to fix one thing. There’s no cohesiveness, no actual ‘design’ possible in that situation.

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

That list was pretty huge bet you can’t name more things “broken” than fixed and I’ll be impressed if you get past two.

I understand the point of the thread but to whine about it right after a patch is just wrong on so many levels. Show some decency.

Jumping is broken.
Cliffside Fractal is broken.
The fixes for broken dungeons aren’t working.

That’s 3 right there.

Posted by: odericko.7952

odericko.7952

I’m not one to wine, I enjoy the game and will keep playing. But the last patch messed up jumping in a way that makes it difficult to time yourself. I would’ve rather kept jumping functional and deal without the fixes until they could’ve done them without breaking jump.

AerictheBoss.9172

Jumping is broken.

That’s 3 right there.

20 more and you sir are a winner and not a a whiner. Fixes not working doesn’t create a bug. Cliffside Fractal has been broken. So you got one.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Jumping is broken.

That’s 3 right there.

20 more and you sir are a winner and not a a whiner. Fixes not working doesn’t create a bug. Cliffside Fractal has been broken. So you got one.

Cool man, you win the internets. There are no problems with this patch. Nope. None at all.

/thread

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

AerictheBoss.9172

I’m not one to wine, I enjoy the game and will keep playing. But the last patch messed up jumping in a way that makes it difficult to time yourself. I would’ve rather kept jumping functional and deal without the fixes until they could’ve done them without breaking jump.

I agree but to assume everything will be perfect is kind of whining. Not to mention they IMMEDIATELY addressed and acknowledged that issue so what else do you want?

AerictheBoss.9172

Jumping is broken.

That’s 3 right there.

Cool man, you win the internets. There are no problems with this patch. Nope. None at all.

/thread

Never said there wasn’t but no one here can name anything but the jumping bug which they said they know about. Not to mention the point of the thread is about them not working on patches RIGHT after a huge patch. WTF? At least give it a week or something. Nobody sees anything hypocritical about the timing?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Ok, here are the fixes from today’s patch:

Release Notes:
General
•Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repairing armor while transformed.
•Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
•Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.
•Weapon skills will now properly display their PvP and PvE split variants in the Weapon Skills tab of the Hero Panel instead of displaying both.

Events
•Fixed a bug that caused NPCs not to resurrect other NPCs in various Orr events.
•Fixed a bug that caused Warmaster Jofast and her caravan to not advance properly through Cursed Shore.
•Fixed a rare bug that could prevent the event “Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill” in Diessa Plateau from progressing.
•Fixed a bug that could potentially prevent progress with the event “Protect Orl’s research krewe” in Metrica Province.
•Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Stop the Inquest operatives from kidnapping adventurers” in Sparkfly Fen.
•Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Raid the Separatist camp with the Warhound Village veterans” in Iron Marches.
•Fixed a bug that could prevent displaced spirits from rejoining their bodies in Iron Marches.
•Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Protect the armory from the Flame Legion” in Plains of Ashford.
•Fixed a bug that would prevent “Ireta the Smasher” from team switching correctly during the event “Prevent the brawl between the three legions.”
•Fixed a bug that prevented Suwash from confronting Captain Jetsam in Lornar’s Pass in the event “Defeat Captain Jetsam.”
•Fixed a bug that preventing events from running properly near Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale.
•Fixed a bug causing skritt thieves to stop stealing harpy eggs in Harathi Hinterlands.
•Fixed a bug that caused Crusader Soma to give up searching for the lost caravan in Timberline Falls.

Dungeon
Crucible of Eternity
•Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
•Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl’s armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.

Ascalonian Catacombs
•Detha’s Path: Fixed a problem with Detha’s script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
•Hodgin’s Path: Fixed a problem in Hodgin’s script at the “Collect scepter fragments” event that prevented the event from starting.
•Detha’s path: Fixed a bug that caused the Ghostly Oozes not to use their basic attack properly, and spend a large amount of time loitering around players instead of attacking them.

Sorrow’s Embrace
•Fixed multiple problematic doors that would not open and close when intended.

Twilight Arbor
•Fixed a bug where Morrigu could die after defeating the final boss before the cinematic could start, which would break the dungeon and prevent players from receiving the final reward.

The Ruined City of Arah
•Seer Path: Fixed an exploit where rangers using longbows could trivialize a fight by attacking at max range, and the Melandru boss would not fight back.

Fractals of the Mists
•Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
•Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.

Personal Story
•Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
•The story step “Forewarned is Forearmed” has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
•The story step “Time for a Promotion” has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
•The story step “Silent Warfare” has had the difficulty adjusted.
•The story step “The Artist’s Workshop” has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
•Players who completed the sylvari “mirror” storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step “Through the Looking Glass.”

World vs. World
•Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
•All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses. Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.

Karizee.8076

Cont.

Structured PvP
•Heart of the Mists: Added light, medium, and heavy PvP Underwater Mask items to the PvP Armorsmith.
•Battle of Kyhlo: The hit box on the trebuchets has been decreased so that they are less vulnerable to certain AoE skills.
•Legacy of the Foefire: The red guild lord and his guards have been repositioned to more closely match the blue side.
•Forest of Niflhel: Fixed incorrect names on the archer NPCs that guard each base.
•Removed slots in the PvP locker for the Rawhide armor pieces, as they are not obtainable as PvP rewards.
•PvP locker now can store consumable finishers up to rank 6, glory boosters, PvP salvage kits, and tournament tickets.
•Updated the NPC names of archers in Forest of Niflhel.

Items
•Updated the names of the level 80 rare armorsmithing boxes to match the names of the items they contain.
•Runes of Balthazar and Orrian now properly apply quickness when the player is struck and below 20% health.
•Updated Knight’s Jewel so that it appropriately grants Power rather than Toughness.
•Updated the ingredients required to craft satchels and boxes of armor to match the ingredients required to craft the individual pieces contained within.

Commerce
•Fixed an issue with the Boxing Glove skills remaining when players swap to armor from town clothes.
•Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.
•Fixed Krait Tonic second skill description.
•Fixed missing nightmare medium icons and pants using gloves icons.
•Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit added to the Black Lion Chest as rare rewards.
•Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.

Profession
Elementalist
•Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
•Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
•Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
•Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
•Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
•Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
•Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

Engineer
•Toss Elixir C: This skill’s underwater cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds to match the land recharge.
•Elixir S: Fixed a bug that would cause this skill to go on normal recharge when Fast-Acting Elixirs is equipped.
•Smoke Bomb: Cleaned up skill facts.

Guardian
•Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.

Mesmer
•Updated the description for Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through “Blur,” instead of “Distortion”.
•Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
•Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.

Ranger
•Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.

Thief
•Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
•Using a stolen bundle item should no longer destroy a bundle being wielded in their hands.

kKagari.6804

Jumping is broken.

That’s 3 right there.

/thread

Never said there wasn’t but no one here can name anything but the jumping bug which they said they know about. Not to mention the point of the thread is about them not working on patches RIGHT after a huge patch. WTF? At least give it a week or something. Nobody sees anything hypocritical about the timing?

Using forms will crash the game btw.

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

Jumping is broken.

That’s 3 right there.

/thread

Okay. Since jumping is broken, that means every jumping puzzle is broken. And the asura fractal. And all 3 paths of Coe, even though they just fixed path 1.

Elementalists and mesmers now crash the game doing certain things. Go look at the bug forum. That means that DCs from fractals will be even worse now. That means some people’s professions won’t level up as quickly as others and fractal players will be even more fragmented.

1. Jumping
2. AC 1
3. AC 2
4. Coe 1
5. Coe 2
6. Coe 3
7-48. All the jumping puzzles
49. Elementalist transform bug
50. Mesmer phantasm bug
51. More fractal DCs due to 50. and 49.
52. Cliffside fractal
53. Asura fractal

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

(edited by DungeonDaughter.7391)

Karizee.8076

How on earth can you say more was broken than fixed? One new bug was added. One. Which they are working on.

kKagari.6804

How on earth can you say more was broken than fixed? One new bug was added. One. Which they are working on.

I’d like to direct you to the bugs subforum. There are a lot more than 1.

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I understand that there are probably separate teams that work on various different things in GW2. The problem is, it was said that there are only 2 people working on all of the classes. TWO!

The content designers can keep making content, but please hire more people to be completely dedicated to bug fixes / class fixes. Two is not enough.

There are two developers working on class balance, but they are not working on the bug fixes themselves. The bug fixes are most likely done by the programmers and the software developers.

Professions are the core of the game, they have to have a dedicated focus or you’re going to be doing nothing but two people putting out fires here and there and breaking everything when trying to fix one thing. There’s no cohesiveness, no actual ‘design’ possible in that situation.

Why’s this dumb? Larger teams means less efficiency and more communication required. From what I understand, there are two developers in charge of class balancing and design. In this case, it’s important for people in this team to really have a good idea of all 8 classes, instead of just one person being in charge of one class.

Also, like mentioned before, these two are mostly in charge of design/balancing of the classes. But the actual program bug fixes fall on the shoulders of programmers/software devs.

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

It’s Arena Net we’re talking about here. Right now they’re at zilch in the 9th inning with no runners on base and the batter with 2 strikes and no balls. I don’t see an upset in the future. These guys somehow manage to introduce more bugs every time they do a patch then fix things. Let’s not forget the bugs that have been around since BWE1 or game launch for that matter.

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

Well I don’t care about Anet’s company structure regarding how many teams are working on what content.

The thing is, new contents are coming up fast while bug fixing is going real real slow. As avid players and also as customers, can’t we be unhappy about that?

And is it just me or their bug fix patches are coming slower after they start introducing monthly big event?

kKagari.6804

Please take your rose tinted glasses off. The severity of the bugs is the issue. When you start having to offer your customers ‘if the group wipes, the boss bug will fix itself’ as a ‘work around’ you know something has gone horribly wrong.

I don’t give a flying feline that there is now an update of the NPC archer names in the forest of nihfel, it simply doesn’t weigh in much in the grand scheme of things. Not been able to jump properly, not been able to finish my fractal run after an hour or two of working through it does. This one fact outweighs a billion NPC name corrections.

Whats more, the most unconstructive posts come from people like you saying ‘whats the point complaining blah blah blah’. My very first reply to the OP was that I agree with what he said. I think bug fixes SHOULD be an all hands on deck situation now with the amount of bugs and glitches in the game.

(edited by kKagari.6804)

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

lol, I find it funny that the moderator found it so necessary to edit the title of his post. Well, it definitely sparked a lively conversation about semantics.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

There are two developers working on class balance, but they are not working on the bug fixes themselves. The bug fixes are most likely done by the programmers and the software developers.

Why’s this dumb? Larger teams means less efficiency and more communication required. From what I understand, there are two developers in charge of class balancing and design. In this case, it’s important for people in this team to really have a good idea of all 8 classes, instead of just one person being in charge of one class.

Also, like mentioned before, these two are mostly in charge of design/balancing of the classes. But the actual program bug fixes fall on the shoulders of programmers/software devs.

A quote from Jon.

…..There are 500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this. Even then often we are bottle necked by other issues.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/General-Patch-Discussion-merged/page/3

There really should be a dedicated person for each profession. They’re obviously overwhelmed. I personally want whoever is working on the profession actually play that profession, not just “have an idea”. I’m having a hard time accepting that 2 people balancing all 8 professions, 500+ skills and 480 traits is cutting it. Seems like it’s overwhelming for those 2 people in addition to slowing down the progress for all professions because those 2 people have to spread themselves so thin. Also, from what Jon said, I highly doubt that class balance is their only job if they’re getting tied up by other issues.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Looking at the bug section of the forum makes it clear that the jumping problems are not the only bugs added today. There are at least two other major issues. Mesmer phantasm behavior is very bugged, and elementalists lose all traits/stats from trait points while using transforms. There are at least a couple visual/cosmetic bug threads for today’s patch, as well.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

They’re mainly focusing on new expansions now. I wouldn’t expect any major bug patches in the future. The time for that was beta and early release. They got their sales numbers in, there’s no need for them to fix any bugs/classes.

Posted by: odericko.7952

odericko.7952

I agree but to assume everything will be perfect is kind of whining. Not to mention they IMMEDIATELY addressed and acknowledged that issue so what else do you want?

I never assumed everything would be perfect. It’s just, you know, jumping is a big deal. Not saying I want it now – I can wait. But saying those that dislike the patch are whining is fooling yourself. Jumping being broke is a legitimate complaint.

Posted by: squared.1729

squared.1729

I changed the title to reflect that it is a personal opinion.

Can we edit Jon Peters posts about fixing Rangers too then? Because clearly those were personal opinion and not fact…

/incoming infraction

~Squared002~ [BBB] – Blackgate

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

From dungeon paths getting randomly stealth broken to obvious jumping bugs and beyond I now fear patch day. And completely dread new content releases. Also, I now have a phobia for developer blogs regarding with new loot tiers that obviously aren’t major grinds whatsoever.

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Can we edit Jon Peters posts about fixing Rangers too then? Because clearly those were personal opinion and not fact…

/incoming infraction

lmao.

But yes, focusing on improving and fixing current content before adding new content that makes it obsolete would be a better design direction imo.

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

It’s one that I, personally, largely share.

Posted by: Bregah.7365

Bregah.7365

Well, to be fair, there’s a lot of bugs they’ve been “working on” for months that still aren’t fixed.

Now I have no doubt the jumping bug will be fixed ASAP (because it breaks so much of the game), but people have been DCing and not being able to re-enter Fractals for 2 weeks and no fix yet.

And many people (myself included) have not ever had WvW bonuses on our characters, since launch over 3 months ago, until today.

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i also dont want new content. i want current DE’s to get fixed, i want them to be more challenging, and i want rewards to scale all across the world. i want open world fixes, not new dungeons and zones.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Yes, a player made a post about their personal opinion of the direction of the game.

A personal opinion post, just like every other post you will read on this forum.

Would you like to add words to everyone else’s topics too to reflect that their views are also their personal opinion?

Personally, I think you’re doing a great job of indirectly belittling the personal opinions of posters whose personal opinions are in conflict with your own.

Don’t take it so personally.

I, too, would rather see a better version of the current game than new tin foil props to chase. In fact, I’d rather see the game that existed three weeks ago than the one that exists now.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

(edited by Shayne Hawke.9160)

Posted by: Levian.7683

Levian.7683

New content <3

Can You Keep a Secret?

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

As someone who can happily adapt to bugs until they’re fixed, rather than stopping everything to declare the entire game broken and worthless the instant I so much as hear about a newly-introduced issue, I wholeheartedly support the constant and continual addition of new content.

Thanks for being awesome, ArenaNet. <3

(edited by Stormleaf.1769)

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

To the people saying they have different teams when working on bugs and new content is, well, when the content team introduces more bugged content, the bug team will have more stuff to fix and get overloaded.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

As someone who can happily adapt to bugs until they’re fixed, rather than stopping everything to declare the entire game broken and worthless the instant I so much as hear about a newly-introduced issue, I wholeheartedly support the constant and continual addition of new content.

The fact they have you thinking that it’s ok for them to ship a buggy product says lots.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The fact they have you thinking that it’s ok for them to ship a buggy product says lots.

You assume no game has EVER been released without bugs, let alone a MMO. I assure you, there not has been, nor ever will be a MMO released that does not have bugs!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

I’ve always felt this way about bugs, even before I knew anything about ArenaNet. Bugs are sometimes annoying, often fun, in every game ever, and almost never and big deal. So you can’t jump accurately for a few hours? Adapt, deal with it, realize that it really does not matter. You’ll enjoy the game more.

But hey, I know that’s not going to change your mind. It’s a shame you let such minor things destroy your enjoyment of an incredibly massive and well-crafted game, though.

Posted by: squared.1729

squared.1729

You assume no game has EVER been released without bugs, let alone a MMO. I assure you, there not has been, nor ever will be a MMO released that does not have bugs!

Yet even Nexon (omg, yes Nexon!) was able to fix the majority of release bugs within a month or two of release. Yet here we are, piling on more content updates that are riddled with bugs ontop of previous bugs ontop of more bugs… did I mention bugs? The one person locked in the ArenaNet basement that works on bug fixing needs a raise and a team to help him/her out. We just keep dropping further and further behind. Where have I seen this before? … … … Oh right, no where!

~Squared002~ [BBB] – Blackgate

Karizee.8076

Hear hear.

Since the game launched I’ve only run into a few bugs. A couple escort events and 2 skill points (which have since been fixed). The only major bug was when the Trading Post was down for the first couple weeks of launch and honestly the game was SO GOOD I didn’t mind. It was worth being patient and guess what? It too was fixed

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

All i can say is “When it’s ready”

Zerg>Skill.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Hear hear.

Since the game launched I’ve only run into a few bugs. A couple escort events and 2 skill points (which have since been fixed). The only major bug was when the Trading Post was down for the first couple weeks of launch and honestly the game was SO GOOD I didn’t mind. It was worth being patient and guess what? It too was fixed

I play an Elementalist, and that class is so bugged that I have to check my build against the forums to make sure I’m not relying on a trait that’s bugged, or that a combo I’m trying to use will actually complete. This latest patch broke some of our fleeing abilities, now they strip out all traits so they actually make a bad situation worse. I love jumping puzzles, and now I can’t do them or even travel properly.

Posted by: Vangy.7403

Vangy.7403

i agree with OP !! We dont Want More content so fast… We want so fast to get BUGS elimination of the current Content.. i know u have multiple teams for each field… but u need to focus more on bug fixing. and also maybe do a nice daily server restart cause events always brake here and there…we had all ORR events broken for almost 5 days!! people quiting eveyday… today we couldnt complete several events cause we didnt have enough people and that wasnt on low or mid areas but in ORR…bug issues start to reflect in all the world now! you need to give more people to the bug team and limit alot of the people to the new content team. ITS not a personal opinion Its the opinion of almost everyone that have already left the game and or took a brake…

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

I agree with the OP.

the priority should go to bug fixes and missing features rather to adding more broken content…

mrstealth.6701

I’ve always felt this way about bugs, even before I knew anything about ArenaNet. Bugs are sometimes annoying, often fun, in every game ever, and almost never and big deal. So you can’t jump accurately for a few hours? Adapt, deal with it, realize that it really does not matter. You’ll enjoy the game more.

But hey, I know that’s not going to change your mind. It’s a shame you let such minor things destroy your enjoyment of an incredibly massive and well-crafted game, though.

Many of the bugs we’ve had around since release are not fun, and are certainly a big deal. Bugs can be funny, but they aren’t fun when the bug does nothing but block progress and prevent you from doing something in the game. Having your character’s upper body get stuck in a silly pose is funny (I’ve had this a few times), but having half of your traits do nothing (ranger’s multiple Opening Strike related traits were bugged for months) leaves you with a gameplay disadvantage.

The Arah event chain, the one that unlocks the dungeons, has been broken since release making the dungeon (and personal story completion) impossible to do outside of a small window after each update/reset before it breaks again. Hopefully today’s updates have fixed it, as some bug fixes in Orr events were mentioned, but it’s too early to know for sure.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Vangy.7403

I bet things go like this.

Whiny player troll: Waa waa waa don’t release new stuff we want previous things fixed
ArenaNet: Facepalms
Whiny player troll: You guys are terrible your game is broken
ArenaNet: Sigh….

ArenaNet1: I wonder if they realize we have multiple teams that work on multiple things?
ArenaNet2: Raging kids will never learn.

we know about the multiple teams..we just think that they should enhance or even give all the man power at their disposal to the bug fixing team before they focus on ANYTHING else…. or at least leave the other teams limited as possible…

Vangy.7403

And most of the event Bugs Anet claim to Fixing in every patch notes its no a fix at all..The events just reset with the new game build/server restart and quickly by the end of the day or the next day even,the events bug again…

mrstealth.6701

we know about the multiple teams..we just think that they should enhance or even give all the man power at their disposal to the bug fixing team before they focus on ANYTHING else…. or at least leave the other teams limited as possible…

I agree. Your ability/manpower to create new content needs to be exceeded by the ability/manpower to identify and fix the bugs/problems, hopefully getting most of this done before releasing the content. But I don’t expect new content to be completely bug free. That would be nice, but as games get more complex it becomes harder to accomplish. What can be minimized is adding new game-breaking bugs before the old ones are fixed.

Like right now, there is a part of the bug fixing team dedicated to fixing the FotM reconnect problems so players don’t have to do unneeded repeats of Fractals. These people could be working on fixing the broken personal story quests faster so we don’t have to do unneeded repeats of story quests. I realize, and I’m thankful for, these story bugs getting fixed, but the process could be faster if part of the team was not given a new higher-profile problem to fix before that job was done.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree with the OP so technically its not just his personal opinion.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

OP isn’t speaking on my behalf.

I enjoy new content when it comes (particularly the holiday-theme events).

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~