I played for a year-I suddenly realized

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

i think you can disable right click to target now. Hope this helps.

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

I really hope that there will be a Trading Post fix/revamp in the near future. There’s a lot to like about the TP but it’s missing some pretty obvious features (the ability to filter armor so that my necro doesn’t have to wade through all of the Heavy listings, for example). I’d also love to be able to filter crafting materials by craft.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I can’t target something with /target

I can’t reassign what the mouse buttons do (for example stop right click from targeting)

Control + T

Options: disable right click interactivity

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

The whole targeting system haas been bad since day one. Disabling it isn’t the answer. ANet fixing it is—like they said they were going to do.

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Well until ‘target nearest’ targets the closest thing by proximity, not closest to the centre of the screen, targeting will not be fixed.

Target nearest worked perfectly in GW1, it is kittening garbage in GW2.

Posted by: Crescendoll.7612

Crescendoll.7612

I do CoF, CoE, HotW, AC and sometimes CM on a daily basis, and I can’t remember the last time I was kicked from a group. If you’re getting kicked daily, maybe the issue isn’t with the groups you join, but…

Space reserved for future witty pop-culture references.

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

Thank you very much for the tip about disabling right click. Yesterday was a good day, I managed to pug AC 1-3, SE 1+3, HOTW1, COE3, and TA up and forward without being kicked. Knock on wood.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Given how well this TP is designed compared to other games, I would say TP is the things they’ve done right and is at the bottom of their list of NEED TO FIX ASAP things. They have so many more other things they have messed up that requires attention.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Given how well this TP is designed compared to other games, I would say TP is the things they’ve done right and is at the bottom of their list of NEED TO FIX ASAP things. They have so many more other things they have messed up that requires attention.

No even A.net has admitted that the TP was only meant to be for the beta but they didn’t have time to implement a real interface. There’s a poster on the Something Awful forums who works for A.net and is actually working on a new TP interface, but it’s just him and like 2 other guys so it might be a while.

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

That hot key switching builds thing should stay in PvE only if they were to ever include it.

No way in hell that has any place in WvW/PvP. Imagine a thief attacking you. He finds out he can’t kill you with his build, he stealths, breaks combat, switches builds instantly and comes back with the perfect counter to your build.

Sounds lame.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Ill bet itll stay this way for another 2 years.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

That hot key switching builds thing should stay in PvE only if they were to ever include it.

No way in hell that has any place in WvW/PvP. Imagine a thief attacking you. He finds out he can’t kill you with his build, he stealths, breaks combat, switches builds instantly and comes back with the perfect counter to your build.

Sounds lame.

That can be easily prevented with a CD attached to that or just the ability to change builds in a special place (base which is not under attack etc.) while in WvW. No switching in PvP while in a match of course.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Even simply equipping my sword can be a long process if I’m in combat for whatever reason.

If you’re in combat, you should NOT be able to modify your equipment or build in any way.

This game lacks the ability to easily change specs or even sets of gear. When I played another popular MMO, and I wanted to change my from DPS gear to my tank gear, I simply pressed a hotkey. In guild wars 2, I must individually go to each slot in the inventory window and right click, and choose from a list of everything I can equip including whatever loot I have accumulated. I counted 31 keystrokes and mouseclicks to change my equipment.

This was a design decision to foster a sense of character permanency and growth, to tighten the link between your character and it’s build, as opposed to gw1 where your character is just a template holder.

Luckily for you and the players who don’t like that concept, the new instant retrait item from the gemstore is definitely a large break from that previous philosophy.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Are you a Necro or Bearbow OP?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Well until ‘target nearest’ targets the closest thing by proximity, not closest to the centre of the screen, targeting will not be fixed.

Target nearest worked perfectly in GW1, it is kittening garbage in GW2.

Vouch GW2 targeting is just a troll, better off clicking, oh what’s that? Clicking your target doesn’t work either thanks to the thousands of clones and pets in your way? Tough luck, buddy!

/rage

Btw they need to add target nearest player for pvpers, I seriously don’t care about mesmers they shouldn’t have to rely on RNG and luck to win anyway. Especially when this is supposed to be e-sports. News flash: in e-sports, people don’t rely on luck and confusion to win but skill.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

How much?

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

the TP search has been barely functional since release, much worse than what plenty other F2P games out there have
they promised they’d come up with more options and much better filters… a year ago

tbh, noone expects them to hold on to their promises anymore, considering what they did to their own manifesto

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

the TP search has been barely functional since release, much worse than what plenty other F2P games out there have
they promised they’d come up with more options and much better filters… a year ago

tbh, noone expects them to hold on to their promises anymore, considering what they did to their own manifesto

Strange, I don’t remember seeing that promise. Source?

xephire.8324

How much?

You are confused i meant i bet= to show that you feel a situation will happen in a particular way.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Some people just forget too quickly what you CAN do in GW2.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Strange, I don’t remember seeing that promise. Source?

Didn’t you say something along the lines of sources are too hard to find now because topics so old get deleted? And now you’re asking for source about a year old comment?

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

he asked because he knows that there is no such promise

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

just add it to the long list of ui elements that are considered standard by most seasoned mmo players that never made it into this game but we gotta fix those salad clipping issues right away. smh.

first set of requests here

larger list of requests

As you can see some of this was already requested some time ago but ignored.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

This game? Unpolished???

Absurd.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Even simply equipping my sword can be a long process if I’m in combat for whatever reason.

If you’re in combat, you should NOT be able to modify your equipment or build in any way.

May I equip a mining pick if a crazy monkey stares at me, please? (I won’t buy infinite ones for every character I play). Things you may or may not do when in combat mode would be nice to be revisted.

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

There are a lot of features I expect in MMOs that GW2 is missing. Not having a option in the TP to sort by armor is absurd, let alone not being able to trade directly with players.

xephire.8324

There are a lot of features I expect in MMOs that GW2 is missing. Not having a option in the TP to sort by armor is absurd, let alone not being able to trade directly with players.

Playing trading players will lead to scam.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

this

I mean seriously no trade with players ? one of the most Basic thing MMOs always have and need.

and the TP I basically fall a sleep befor I finde the type of armor I can use.

sooooo Basic things

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

How much?

You are confused i meant i bet= to show that you feel a situation will happen in a particular way.

You guys should bet a high-five. when someone wins, just have your characters face each other, then both /wave

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

No player-to-player trading is by design. I don’t mind it being absent, as the TP fulfills all my buying and selling needs