I really dislike all or nothing trait lines

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This alone breaks builds that worked just fine and were fun to play. I was enjoying what I had. Now they just feel broken.

My thief is my main and I had traits from 4 lines. They had synergy with my weapons, armor, runes and play style. I’ll have to at least change weapons, and probably my rune set as well and some of that stuff was expensive. That’ just one character!

As things stand, changes are coming and we don’t know exactly what. So what do to for fun today? Facing any necro or medi guard in WvW is not at all fun at the moment. A perplex engi? Bah, run away….

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Mighty Turtle.6520

Mighty Turtle.6520

There are 196.830 different builds with traits alone now. don’t be afraid to experiment.

Posted by: Skaven Zverov.2984

Skaven Zverov.2984

and 1 that works and make sense

White Flash of Gunnar’s Hold – Hennera Silentwind [CORE]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Hmmm, all this medi guard talk. I have to see this in action as I thought it was broken on first glance last night. Perhaps it was because I was trying to figure it all out at midnight after being exhausted.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I dont mind so much. The only really annoying thing to me is getting to the grandmaster trait and none of them are useful in what i am trying to build. And since you have to take one it is just wasted.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

Posted by: Simbosan.2863

Simbosan.2863

It’s a ridiculous idea to reduce the lines to 3. For example, to have the one and only warrior trait that applies to bows, you are stuck with the shout traits. So if you were a banner user, you pretty much have to give up bows and use rifle.

It’s not an improvement in choice, you are now forced into certain combinations

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

There are 196.830 different builds with traits alone now. don’t be afraid to experiment.

Not true… That only includes 3 trait lines alone. We have 5 to choose from, remember?
I’m not good at math but what ever.

Posted by: Simbosan.2863

Simbosan.2863

Also where is the trait that improved area of banners?

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

It’s a ridiculous idea to reduce the lines to 3. For example, to have the one and only warrior trait that applies to bows, you are stuck with the shout traits. So if you were a banner user, you pretty much have to give up bows and use rifle.

It’s not an improvement in choice, you are now forced into certain combinations

Engies have also gotten the raw end of the deal on this same kind of breakdown.

I’d be more OK with it, if other classes didn’t also seem to make out like bandits on this update.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!