I really hate to bring this up agian

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I dont think the daily login rewards are meant to benefit you.

A few months ago, John Smith says the median weekly income is 3g.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

2 gold. a day i think should stay its a good thing. now far as the rest .something

that could be very useful add the same amount of karma as the gold to make it more

even bump achievement points to 12

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Rather a confusing post, imo. Are you bringing up the daily AP cap at 15K AP or are you complaining that 2 gold is to little or maybe that you want something other than 2 gold?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Its been talked about before.

I always logged in everyday to get 10 achievement points from daily.

I wanted something to show I was getting something. It showed progress. Believe me that can be a powerful thing to keep playing.

Now I get 2 gold. OMG, now I can add it to my 5,000 gold I already have.

Believe me, I understand all the arguments, pro and con.

All I can say for sure, I’m playing less and may move on to some other game.

I’m sure some will say….good riddance to you. The thing is, I’m not alone.

Give us something besides gold that shows us we are loyal.

There is a finite amount of AP. If they took away the Daily AP cap, you would just reach the end of AP sooner and then you would be in the same boat. Everyone leaves an MMO sooner or later. I don’t say good riddance, I say it will happen one day anyway – this way for some people it will be later.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ll take some of that gold off yer hands, brah.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Rather a confusing post, imo. Are you bringing up the daily AP cap at 15K AP or are you complaining that 2 gold is to little or maybe that you want something other than 2 gold?

note the past tense

I wanted something to show I was getting something. It showed progress. Believe me that can be a powerful thing to keep playing.

Past tense again. Looks like the progress from the AP mattered to this poster.

Present tense, and a clear indication that something has changed which the OP does not like.

I suppose if he’d said, “Now I only get 2 gold and no AP.” it might be clearer. Still, I believe an inference can be made as is.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

note the past tense

Past tense again. Looks like the progress from the AP mattered to this poster.

Present tense, and a clear indication that something has changed which the OP does not like.

I suppose if he’d said, “Now I only get 2 gold and no AP.” it might be clearer. Still, I believe an inference can be made as is.

If you have to parse the post for tense and make inferences then yeah, it’s unclear. It’s rather like walking into the middle of a conversation with some of these threads as they assume you know what they are talking about without giving a clear subject.

Personally I figured he was talking about the 15k AP cap. Obviously he confused others since the first responding post talks only the 2 gold and median weekly income and and the second suggests increasing the daily AP to 12.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Its been talked about before.

Believe me, I understand all the arguments, pro and con.

All I can say for sure, I’m playing less and may move on to some other game.

I’m sure some will say….good riddance to you. The thing is, I’m not alone.

Give us something besides gold that shows us we are loyal.

I get the impression there’s a sense of entitlement with this. Sounds like the OP is saying he/she wants an actual item they can show off to other players to prove how “loyal” he/she is to the game, while assuming having thousands of gold and logging in every day is proof of his/her loyalty.

I fail to see how others in this thread are so confused. The OP was pretty clear: “I gots lots o’ gold and log in every day so I’m entitled to a cool item I cans shove in people’s faces”.

Personally I’m happy with the 2g and 10AP each day. Heck, some days I just don’t feel like completing 3 achievements because there is only 1 or 2 I feel like doing some days. I don’t need anything special to show off to others. I play to enjoy the game and have fun with the community doing events and stuff. Not to stroke my ego.

P.S. Good riddance if you feel that strongly about it. In fact, it means you’re less loyal than you lead us to believe.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I’m not against anyones daily arguments, but in my opinion if that is literally the only thing keeping you playing the game there is a problem and mayhaps you should move on to something that you can enjoy more than just 1 tiny aspect of.

There are unique skins from AP rewards that you can collect the full set. That tells everyone you have a crap ton AP.

Have you tried collections?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If you have 5000 gold and can’t find anything you want to spend it on then I’m afraid you are probably done with the game, at least for now. Sorry.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I’m not against anyones daily arguments, but in my opinion if that is literally the only thing keeping you playing the game there is a problem and mayhaps you should move on to something that you can enjoy more than just 1 tiny aspect of.

There are unique skins from AP rewards that you can collect the full set. That tells everyone you have a crap ton AP.

Have you tried collections?

Yes! I came back to this thread because I just realized that the achievement system is their loyalty reward system. The OP clearly stated he/she wants to be rewarded for his/her “loyalty”.

Well, there you go. The more you play the game to achieve certain goals, the more AP you get. There are exclusive weapon and armor skins as well as various permanent account-wide bonuses that you can only get from playing the game and earning achievement points. And at certain AP milestones you can even get 400 gems for free as a reward.

I don’t think we need some kind of loyalty program just for logging in and doing your 3 dailies. It just seems kinda lazy. Besides, those 10 achievement points you can earn each day (at least until you hit the 15k daily/monthly cap) contributes towards the “loyalty” awards system.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

The OP clearly stated

Attachments: