I returned from the some dark places

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Green Tramp.5163

Green Tramp.5163

Is it worth coming back to this game ? ( I have only the original Guild wars 2 , thats it ) I want to play something with bigger RNG then Path of Exile)

Posted by: Wylf.2586

Wylf.2586

You already own the game. Try it out? There is no subscription fee, so what’s stopping you from just playing along for a while to see if you like it?

’twas right, said they, such birds to slay, that bring the fog and mist.

Nilfa, Asura Thief, Devona’s Rest

Green Tramp.5163

^Downloading it now !

Green Tramp.5163

Anything new that I should know?Any new big changes ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can peruse the Release page by using the link at the top of the page for an overview of everything that has been added since your departure.

Welcome return, and good luck.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m in a situation where I can’t spend a great deal of time or pay too much attention to the game I am playing, so the difficulty and gameplay that GW2 offers is really working
out for me right now.
Fortunately it has given me the chance to play through some of the personal story/living story, which I neglected previously. I’m actually really enjoying the story.

I would probably be playing the game a lot less if I could put more attention/commitment to some other mmos that I’m into. With that said, I would still say the game is in a great spot right now and would highly recommend coming back to get ready for the upcoming expansion.

Green Tramp.5163

Hows build diversity ? I mean , I want to be a Tank , is that possible ?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It will be, once the expansion releases.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nope. you can’t be a tank. You can be tanky, but that’s not the same thing.

In most games, tanks control aggro. There’s no real way to control aggro in this game. There’s no way to guarantee you’ll be the one attacked.

Likewise there are some bosses that no matter how tanky you are, you’re not just going to be able to stand there and take hits.

This game was designed to not have dedicated tanks or healers.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Nope. you can’t be a tank. You can be tanky, but that’s not the same thing.

In most games, tanks control aggro. There’s no real way to control aggro in this game. There’s no way to guarantee you’ll be the one attacked.

Likewise there are some bosses that no matter how tanky you are, you’re not just going to be able to stand there and take hits.

This game was designed to not have dedicated tanks or healers.

That being said, you can still be more tanky or less tanky depending on your profession and armor choice. My necro is a LOT more tanky than my ele or my mesmer, as is my guardian (who feels fairly boring though).
Do you want to be tanky as in taking heat off of other characters? Then look into something that has a good boon output, like the guardian. If you just want to be able to neglect dodging a bit more without being killed too quickly, you have a variety of choices – I personally prefer my necro for this.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Talking about tanky. My boyfriend made some characters of his into a pure tank. You can’t hold aggro, however if your team all fall like leaves you can get team up while standing in an aoe or getting hit by a boss. So you still have your own uses in hard content