I saw an ascended gear chest posted in chat.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fox Mulder.6907

Fox Mulder.6907

Someone finally posted a chest after killing Karka Queen. I read the description and no longer have the need to get ascended gear from exotic chests or bags. The random drops are very rare, apparently, and I noticed you can NOT choose the freaking stats!! I suggest a set number of chests, maybe 200 total, even 10 per day allowed that would reset . You would then get a gear chest that IS customizable.

As new content gets added it will become impossible to find groups of 5 for older content.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

The very nature of RNG in ANY game is that you do not get to pick what drops for you, nor the stats of items that do drop. This has been true for every RPG (MMO or otherwise) for years.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Want a specific stat? Craft it. It’s easily obtainable (as a long-term goal), provided that you play the game and not AFK in DR. There’s nothing stopping you from playing the game in the cheap full exotics before you do.

But while you’re playing, you can also be blessed by RNG and get at least some nice ascended skin, even one for the collection if it’s a piece of armour.

And once you start playing non-1111-spam PvE but challenging group content like Fractals 49-50, you will be able to gradually equip your alts in almost full Zojja’s armor, plus extra Celestial for ele, and some tanky WvW gear for guardians – like I did.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yep, I got about 3 of them in my chest. Useless stats so useless drops
Just another great feature of this game’s horrible rng. Really this is the worst I have ever seen in any game.