Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yep Anet have pressed the big,red panic button

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

I see lot of Satisfied customers !

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Honestly at that price I almost regret pre-ordering it. They better deliver.

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

All I see are a lot of entitled kids.

Anyway, I am indeed a satisfied customer and buying the expansion once the shop actually lets me do so.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

No matter what they do and say, people will never be satisfied because they are….well…people. Just ignore the fact that since this morning (and it is early) same topics exploded all over general part. I expect around 100 more same topics where people just qq and qq and qq.

Posted by: Duka.5864

Duka.5864

Anyway, I am indeed a satisfied customer and buying the expansion once the shop actually lets me do so.

Good for you wish you happy gaming!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The forums are never happy.

Shoulda seen map chat out in Fireheart rise. My. God. The. Salt.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

To those who buy pre-orders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zxKMSSM4U

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Map chat in DR sounded a lot like this forum, actually…

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Honestly at that price I almost regret pre-ordering it. They better deliver.

You are basically gambling, especially given their recent decisions. I can live without Beta, and Rytlock mini – don’t like Rytlock anyway. Yes, blasphemy I know! :-P

I need more info than we’ve seen – about actual content and zones. The volume of content. Not hype, and that we can get to 1500 condition stacks.

Show me HoT is worth all this money ANet. I’ll wait till near launch otherwise – and no characters slot? Really? blerg.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Forums may very well never be happy, but it’s always conflicted
As it is, I see 90% unhappy and 5% begrudgingly accepting this and another 5% totally happy with it, pretty unanimous for me :/

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

Yeah but do you even know what you are really buying? xD

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was online in WvW with my guild at an event, about 15 of us there. Most of us bought the preorder on the spot. None of us ran to the forums or Reddit and started screaming. But most of us love the game and think it’s worth the price.

The people who don’t love the game, might well think this is expensive. It might be a bit overpriced, but that’s all it is…to me anyway.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

No one i know is happy about the price…then again i game with people who have actual jobs, lives, family, and value money, some of whom have tight incomes.

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

I was online in WvW with my guild at an event, about 15 of us there. Most of us bought the preorder on the spot. None of us ran to the forums or Reddit and started screaming. But most of us love the game and think it’s worth the price.

The people who don’t love the game, might well think this is expensive. It might be a bit overpriced, but that’s all it is…to me anyway.

If the people who are complaining didn’t love the game they wouldn’t be here at all. Big difference between loving the game and being blinded by love.

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

No matter what they do and say, people will never be satisfied because they are….well…people. Just ignore the fact that since this morning (and it is early) same topics exploded all over general part. I expect around 100 more same topics where people just qq and qq and qq.

Yes you can’t make everyone happy. But there’s a difference between a few being unhappy and the majority being unhappy. This seems to be a big clusterkitten by anet atm.

Celtic Lady.3729

The FAQs page where it was indicated that you’d need to buy the base game ahead of time and then was changed has a LOT of people really upset. They felt misled into buying the base game when all along it was going to be given free with the HoT purchase.

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

i think the only problem with the price is if there is not a slot in, but i see when yoy pre order they give u a slot for the beta.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They do that for the beta so the beta character can’t be played in live and vice versa.

Now tomorrow when they wake up and check the pulse of the forums Vs the income of the pre-orders, well probably at least a weeks worth of pre-orders to see if it’s sustained, they may look into tweaking the base expansion but in the original game we only got enough slots for each race, not each profession. So why should adding another profession mean they should give another slot? How many people already bought 3 more slots so they could have one of each in the core game? In that case what’s one more?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yeah but do you even know what you are really buying? xD

That’s the result of “hype” as a concept. Makes ppl take actions with the impression they like taking it. It’s not just GW2..it’s everywhere. Take advantage of the emotional attachment of ppl to certain things, make them want it regardless of the quality/quantity/price. Profit$$

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I know some people think this was timed to cover the backlash against class changes, but seriously what the heck are they doing with the hype train?

The game hasn’t had content in a LONG time, people are still annoyed about things like SAB, the new changes have people unhappy… Why on earth would you pick the lowest point on the hype curve to release at a high price point (and with the added kick of no character slot)???

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

Why do you preorder if you already are playing the game? I don’t get it..

Posted by: Valmir.4590

Valmir.4590

There is a difference between the usual forum complains that I find silly 99,9% of the time and the utter failure that is HoT publicity campaign.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

To those who buy pre-orders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zxKMSSM4U

I won’t pre-purchase the game, Anet didn’t convince me yet…

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

(edited by Vissarion.6509)

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I wanted to have 1g bet from some ppl (3 in total) in the past that ensured me that ppl will pay gladly for yearly-packs :P
But now , when they create the typo ‘’that your paying for both games , so dont worry you have to buy the original or the x-pack’’ for the newer players (and not flood the forums about that question) , the silly ones goes Ape Rage .

But yeah i agree with the no new character slot , is silly

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

not buying something you dont find worth it isnt really entitlement, its being a smart consumer.

the price isnt crazy, but it isnt that good either, and theres a ton of info they have yet to release
like… release date?

ill wait for more info myself, i guess i am entitled, i feel im entitled to information before i make a purchase.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yeah and i’m sure you had nothing to do with that eh.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I won’t pre-purchase the game, Anet didn’t convince me yet…

Agreed. There is so much left unknown about HoT. And besides that design descisions are being made constantly that i just do not agree with, such as the recent apparent descision to make Ascended even more superior, or the detriment of the gem store where everything is just outfits and stupid mail carriers.
Plus some more i wont go into to avoid turning this into a rant.

Besides that i’m none to charmed that anet is doing a big service to new players by giving them the base game for free, but does nothing for the veterans who have supported GW2 for the past 3 years.

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I was already getting fed up with anet for a few things.. This most likely is the nail in the coffin for me. No go at 50.00 I’ll wait for a sale in a year. Or just play fallout..

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

This unhappiness is not confined to the forums.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

This unhappiness is not confined to the forums.

Ok then. The human race is never happy (see Negativity bias).
Even when they become happy is doesn’t last very long (see hedonic treadmill)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

In game, many are actually very happy with it. I’m seeing a lot of trailblazer titles around and few complaints.

As usual, the vocal minority of disgruntled self entitled players are the ones that plague the forums, and the happy majority stay quiet and content

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: DancingMad.8504

DancingMad.8504

Everyone with a functional brain, understanding of the value of money and not an inferiority servant complex towards a video game company is not satisfied with the HoT announcement.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

In game, many are actually very happy with it. I’m seeing a lot of trailblazer titles around and few complaints.

As usual, the vocal minority of disgruntled self entitled players are the ones that plague the forums, and the happy majority stay quiet and content

Wrong. Most people just won’t go ingame anymore because they leave now. Since today there are even at world bosses only a few megaserver instances left. The few people you can see ingame have not bought HoT. The handfull people you find ingame with the HoT title are just some extremly rich or extremly young (and new) players.

The majority of anets customers are veterans and won’t play along with this rippoff. As usual a vocal blind minority raises their voice to play along with the rippoff.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Ariath.8753

Ariath.8753

Bought ultimate edition, the best value/price deal. I’m very happy and can’t wait to play it. Complainers are always out there, even if it was a free expansions they always find a way to blame someone for something. Who really love GW2 will buy it without thinking twice

Posted by: Lankmaster.6507

Lankmaster.6507

I love GW2 and I am definitely thinking twice…….

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

My only problem is the lack of character slot for all options. It should be default, it really should.

I get why they aren’t, kinda. Since it isn’t an upgrade, but a stand alone product that can be used as an upgrade, it’s possible to make a whole new account and get the standard 5 slots. But so what. Just make the new base 6, woopy-kittenin-do. It won’t hurt anything and it would probably appease most of the complainers.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah and i’m sure you had nothing to do with that eh.

I didn’t because I wasn’t talking at the time.

Kal Spiro.9745

Wrong. Most people just won’t go ingame anymore because they leave now. Since today there are even at world bosses only a few megaserver instances left. The few people you can see ingame have not bought HoT. The handfull people you find ingame with the HoT title are just some extremly rich or extremly young (and new) players.

The majority of anets customers are veterans and won’t play along with this rippoff. As usual a vocal blind minority raises their voice to play along with the rippoff.

I’m 34, and maybe make 40k a year. I’m neither extremely rich, nor extremely young. I was in GW2 since beta and early access. I left SW:TOR for GW2. I haven’t played the game regularly since they announced that they were re-resorting the personal story chapters. I log on to get the reward, then log back off. Sometimes I cycle through my characters to loot JP chests. I’ve been playing a lot of single player games lately, and will continue for some time yet.

The moment I noticed the Facebook message about HoT pre-order I jumped in and purchased the Ultimate Edition without thinking twice.

Your arguments are invalid.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

theres almost 100k ppl subscribed to GW2’s reddit and the most commented threads I’ve ever seen in that subreddits lifetime were in the threads complaining about how unfair this is to a lot of people. The unhappiness is real, forums and reddit are a pretty solid indication of that.. not to mention every map I go to has ppl complaining about this backhanded slap by anet..

Of course there are people that will happily pre-order the 100 dollar version and blindly just accept whatever anet throws at them because they are happy with it..
by all means more power to you guys… but just know that a lot of ppl don’t see these packages as logical at ALL (for vet players) and have the right to complain…and this is not a vocal minority… this is a pretty big majority

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the 100 dollar version is actually a fine deal, if you buy gems.

i see most the people who are happy with it bought the 100 dollar one. i see a lot fewer happy with the base purchase.

Essentially the base expansion upgrade isnt a good enough deal for many people.

Kal Spiro.9745

theres almost 100k ppl subscribed to GW2’s reddit and the most commented threads I’ve ever seen in that subreddits lifetime were in the threads complaining about how unfair this is to a lot of people. The unhappiness is real, forums and reddit are a pretty solid indication of that.. not to mention every map I go to has ppl complaining about this backhanded slap by anet..

Of course there are people that will happily pre-order the 100 dollar version and blindly just accept whatever anet throws at them because they are happy with it..
by all means more power to you guys… but just know that a lot of ppl don’t see these packages as logical at ALL (for vet players) and have the right to complain…and this is not a vocal minority… this is a pretty big majority

I’m unclear by what means you define majority. The numbers I’ve seen indicate that even that big reddit thread constitutes a minority.

I’m not going to try and claim it’s logical. I think they made a handful of missteps. I don’t accept a great deal of what ANet “throws at me.” But I am happy with GW2 as a whole, and I am able to see value in the product I purchased at the price I did. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have.

If you don’t, then by all means, don’t get it. You don’t need to pre-order. You don’t even need to get the expansion at all. It won’t ruin your game. You can wait it out until it’s a price you like more. Or you can not and you can stop playing, it makes no difference because the game is always available to return to.

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.