I should buy a lottery ticket

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

So last night I join in on a Jormag kill – which was maybe the fifth world boss I’ve done since the last patch (haven’t been playing much), and what drops? An Ascended Weapon box.

Delighted with my new Ascended sword, I join a Scarlet invasion that just kicked off. First portal event? A mob drops a Black Lion Key – the first I have ever seen drop from a mob in more than 500 hours /age played.

After the event, I’m back in town and I use the key to open a chest. Inside? A full Black Lion Claim Ticket.

What do you reckon? Buy a lottery ticket? Or have I used all my luck for a long time?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Congratulations. That is quite the run of luck! =)

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I wouldn’t tempt fate. You may purchase a winning lottery ticket but you may also die in a fiery automobile accident on the way back from the convenience store. Karma is a fickle mistress.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I advice to get your tin foil hats in handy because Im about to drop a good one

Perhaps you havent played very often lately? Also, you are already mentioned that that was your 5th time doing a big boss, in about a year since release….. maybe, just maybe, it is because of that…

nah, Anet is a respectable company I doubt they would do something like that…..would they?

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i didn’t play for months but it seems like i have a permanent DR buff.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Perhaps you havent played very often lately? Also, you are already mentioned that that was your 5th time doing a big boss, in about a year since release….. maybe, just maybe, it is because of that…

nah, Anet is a respectable company I doubt they would do something like that…..would they?

What increase chance of rewards the longer you have been gone? It is possible. Could DR be broken and that is what is hurting us all along.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I havent played since 1 week after launch, i came back two weeks ago and have only got terrible drops.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

No, I’ve been playing the same amount as I have for the last couple of months. By “haven’t been playing much” I just meant I haven’t been farming every world boss every day like most people seem to.

And it was the 5th time doing a big boss since the SAB patch a week ago that added ascended weapons to the loot table, not the 5th time since release! :-)

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

No it’s a complete scam. Your luck was probably a rigged chest by Anet. To lure you into buying keys later.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)