I sit at loading screens

I sit at loading screens

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

More in this game, than literally any other game I can think of. I’ve gotten tired of it. Thanks for understanding my frustration, when it takes ludicrous amounts of time to switch chars because loading screen here loading screen there loading screen for waypointing in the same city…. enough.

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I don’t.

Instead of complaining and accomplishing nothing, you could always research why you may be loading so slowly and work to improve your situation.

Try a solid state. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Long loading times are caused by your own computer, not the game.

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My loading screens were much longer before I got my SSD… but yes, I feel like I spend a lot of times on loading screens. That’s why God invented forums. lol

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Try running GW2 with the -maploadinfo flag. Won’t solve the problem but it’ll make it easier to find the problem.

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

How long, on average, does a loading screen take for you? 10 seconds? A minute? 5 minutes?

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair without those loading-screens the game would probably require MUCH better computers than it currently does and even then it would most likely be quite laggy, due to limits of bandwidth and such.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

It takes me seconds to jump between completely different maps, as mentioned, your computers sucks, stop complaining about something outside ANET control.

Get an upgrade, CPU and SSD being the most improvement for loading.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

I sit at loading screens

lordkrall.7241

giving advice on a subject they havent even thought or read about…. they saw title and just slapped their faces into their desk like 6 times….

But would you really prefer to having much higher system requirements (which would make it even worse in your case most likely) and lag due to bandwidth limits in order to avoid having a few seconds loading now and then?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I sit at loading screens

Vicariuz.1605

giving advice on a subject they havent even thought or read about…. they saw title and just slapped their faces into their desk like 6 times….

But would you really prefer to having much higher system requirements (which would make it even worse in your case most likely) and lag due to bandwidth limits in order to avoid having a few seconds loading now and then?

cache it, DO SOMETHING, i should not have go through 4-5 screens to change bank items on 2 chars. GOD FORBID I FORGET SOMETHING ON ONE.

I sit at loading screens

lordkrall.7241

cache it, DO SOMETHING, i should not have go through 4-5 screens to change bank items on 2 chars. GOD FORBID I FORGET SOMETHING ON ONE.

So you would rather have a 5 minute log-in screen every time you select a character?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

It takes me seconds to jump between completely different maps, as mentioned, your computers sucks, stop complaining about something outside ANET control.

Get an upgrade, CPU and SSD being the most improvement for loading.

get a braincell, i never said ANYWHERE that i DIDNT have an ssd.

You could start by being more polite. You should cool down and take a chillpill, people are trying to give you advice.

So… How long loading times are we speaking about? The only long loading times I have is when I load LA and DR and I avoid these places as much as I can. Other maps takes under 5 seconds for me to load and I have no SSD.

giving advice on a subject they havent even thought or read about…. they saw title and just slapped their faces into their desk like 6 times…. i dont need some nerdbeard telling me to get an ssd when im 95% disgusted with the number of loading screens to perform menial tasks in game.

I thought it was a good advice, becouse an SSD lowers the loading time and that means less time sitting and waiting on loading screens…

So what you are saying is that you don’t want loading screens, Anet should rework their whole game becouse you don’t like loading screens? Or that you hate all loading screens so you are leaving the game.

Or are you just telling us that you hate loading screens and you just want to inform us just that?

Hmmm… I realy don’t like buff, muscular male characters.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

So you would rather have a 5 minute log-in screen every time you select a character?

Yea that reminds me of Lotro… :P It realy is 5 min loading screen switching between characters in that game That is a game where I don’t jump between my alts becouse of loading screen.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Maybe what you need is more bank / inventory space

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Maybe what you need is more bank / inventory space

Just what the doctor ordered ^^

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I’m so glad we are back to the 90’s.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I foresee you waiting at ‘loading screens’ (aka flood control) when using the forum in the near future.

Many of us have a wait with loading screens; I always peruse the forums during that few seconds/occasional minute. =)

I sit at loading screens

Vicariuz.1605

Don’t worry, as our servers are totally crap and can’t handle the traffic and calculations we intended it to have, we now heaped all responsibility to make this game run smoothly on the shoulders and machine of our customers.

As you were able at release to play the game on the suggested specs max settings , now you must revert to 1/2 or minor settings.

no biggy, thats how we roll in this company.

Oh and all the lag and rubber banding is also your connection not ours .. yes we don’t care if you run every other game on the planet fluently.. It must be your connection!

I remember loading in LA within 10 seconds.. now it’s 60-90 seconds to get to the second loading screen. that also takes another 60 seconds. and once loaded in .. you need to load the maps for another 30 seconds.

I’m so glad we are back to the 90’s.

werd

I sit at loading screens

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

More in this game, than literally any other game I can think of. I’ve gotten tired of it. Thanks for understanding my frustration, when it takes ludicrous amounts of time to switch chars because loading screen here loading screen there loading screen for waypointing in the same city…. enough.

Tell me about it, bro.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want