I spent 1000+G on boonshare mesmer yesterday

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? Well done, anet. Mesmer is my only character and i may lose my job in the raid and WvW. Don’t tell me to play another light armor class and switch the status of my ascended equipments.The first reason is anet may nerf them in the next balance patch. The second reason is when you are not in the meta , you are over. It is stupid as they don’t care what we want and just destroy our dreams. In addition, i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

I remember there was a game i have spent about USD 300 on my equipments. They were powerful and work perfectly with my build. But three months later, a troll patch come out and make all my stuff become completely useless. The build isn’t work anymore, if you want to play the game please prepare another 300 USD. They lose half of their players after that and i think anet is following their step.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Lesson learned: Never spend gold on your builds when the next balance patch is only a few days away.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Honestly if you are prepared to spend 1000+ gold on 1 characters gear, you should either be good enough mechanically at that class to where you will still be useful, or you should have been prepared for just such an event to happen

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

No hard numbers were given yesterday on how the balances will actually affect the classes. The way things will be balanced, it could be in your favor…. none of us know yet. On top of all that not all of the balance changes coming were mentioned.

Quit knee-jerk panicking over conclusions that can’t yet be made.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? It is stupid as they don’t care what we want and just destroy our dreams. In addition, i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

The game isnt just about what you want. It’s much bigger than pve raids. If you have season 3 trinkets you can re-spec them at will for 100 map currency. Ascended armor can also be re-spec for a cost that is much lower than creating a single piece of armor. I agree with the other poster, don’t spend large amounts of gold gearing right before a balance pass. We’ve known this was coming since about January that balance changes would be quarterly. It is no ones fault but your own.

I remember there was a game i have spent about USD 300 on my equipments. They were powerful and work perfectly with my build. But three months later, a troll patch come out and make all my stuff become completely useless. The build isn’t work anymore, if you want to play the game please prepare another 300 USD. They lose half of their players after that and i think anet is following their step.

First, just because you spent money on the game does not mean your entitled to anything. You bought pixels. Anet is free to do what ever they want with the game. It’s their game.

The meta fluxes it always has with every balance pass. We don’t even know what the whole picture looks like yet your jumping to conclusions. Do you self a favor learn to adapt to change and embrace it. Also wait and see what the end result is. It may mean doubling the frequency of mesmer to get the same result as before, which makes the need for mesmers even higher. The thing is we don’t know anything until we see the patch notes.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

1000g? On what??

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’re too hard on yourself, Cpchow. And on everyone else. The queen doesn’t expect perfection. Why do you?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Alec B.8905

Alec B.8905

the reason so many people seem so mad is because the small minority who does raids are getting so kitten and complain the most when their builds get nerfed. while the majority who do other things don’t really care because it gives their classes the option to do other things. it is quite funny how salty the raiders are getting over this small announcement which was needed.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

All I can say is “buyer beware”.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

the reason so many people seem so mad is because the small minority who does raids are getting so kitten and complain the most when their builds get nerfed. while the majority who do other things don’t really care because it gives their classes the option to do other things. it is quite funny how salty the raiders are getting over this small announcement which was needed.

One of the many reasons raids are unhealthy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Perhaps you should branch out more. I’m not saying play another light armor class and blah blah blah. I mean play more classes in general. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket as the saying goes. Because if something happens to that basket all your eggs are wrecked.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? Well done, anet. Mesmer is my only character and i may lose my job in the raid and WvW.

I don’t know how you managed to spent 1000+G on Mesmer gear. You say you do raiding, so you have easy and cheap access to ascended gear.

i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

I don’t understand that either. There are many easy and cheap ways to access ascended berserker trinkets.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Malediktus.3740

He probably made commando gear, its the most expensive stat I can think of

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? Well done, anet. Mesmer is my only character and i may lose my job in the raid and WvW. Don’t tell me to play another light armor class and switch the status of my ascended equipments.The first reason is anet may nerf them in the next balance patch. The second reason is when you are not in the meta , you are over. It is stupid as they don’t care what we want and just destroy our dreams. In addition, i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

If it makes you feel better, the meta is leaning towards 2 chronos, with commander gear.

Agree that the change seems really bad for raids though.

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

1000g? On what??

Im betting ghostly infusions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This is why I never spent huge amounts of gold/time into creating a build, not in any MMO.

I’m not going to make huge investments into builds that can be destroyed at any moment.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

This is why all but one of my characters had zerker gear. Why spend gold on hear that’s going tonne trash next patch.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

If he spent 1000+ I’m guessing he bought a Minstrel stats set, the Freshwater Pearls alone to cap Boon Duration at 100% should be around 200 gold, then if you add the costs of the rest of the ascended gear, sigils and runes used in the build, and matrices required to make Integrated Fractal Matrices + Infusions to buy the stat boosting infusions it can easily go over 1000.

Good news is that the build might still be meta after the changes, just because of how Quickness is important in the raids setting so Chronomancers will probably remain a constant pick.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

I get where he is coming from. When you start pouring “real money” into your pixel habit things can get pretty raw when it is suddenly voided.

Shylock.4653

Malediktus.3740

Maybe he crafted ascended instead of using mystic forge.
Commander recipes alone cost in the area of 50g each because they only drop from specific noxious pods (like 10% of all pods available on DS only).
So he could easily have spent 300g on recipes alone
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tp/search?name=tizlak&sort=sell&ipg=25&page=1

Shylock.4653

If he spent 1000+ I’m guessing he bought a Minstrel stats set, the Freshwater Pearls alone to cap Boon Duration at 100% should be around 200 gold, then if you add the costs of the rest of the ascended gear, sigils and runes used in the build, and matrices required to make Integrated Fractal Matrices + Infusions to buy the stat boosting infusions it can easily go over 1000.

Infusions can be extracted, so there is nothing lost here.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device

Good news is that the build might still be meta after the changes, just because of how Quickness is important in the raids setting so Chronomancers will probably remain a constant pick.

Minstrel isn’t meta

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Chronomancer_-_Chronotank

Berserker or Commander are. Both are much cheaper then 1000+.

Minstrel’s could be used as training wheels.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Minstrel-s-chronotank-Commander-s-chronotank

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Ha ha ha ha…(sorry, it’s deja vu) that sucks man, we all been there at some point, we live and we learn.

Hopefully your gear will still be relevant. From the sounds of it, it looks like the skill is being looked at and will still function as is, just the application to your allies will have a hard cap.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Your build will still be useful. No need to be so dramatic about it.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I spent 1000+G on my boonsharing mesmer yesterday and you are going to nerf it to the ground? It is stupid as they don’t care what we want and just destroy our dreams. In addition, i have to farm for another 100 hours in the ember bay and bloodstone Fen for my berserker trinkets.

The game isnt just about what you want. It’s much bigger than pve raids. If you have season 3 trinkets you can re-spec them at will for 100 map currency. Ascended armor can also be re-spec for a cost that is much lower than creating a single piece of armor. I agree with the other poster, don’t spend large amounts of gold gearing right before a balance pass. We’ve known this was coming since about January that balance changes would be quarterly. It is no ones fault but your own.

That only works with the bloodstone stuff. The accessory and backpack from Ember Bay can’t be reset.

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

They’re nerfing it from the best character in fractals / raids by a mile to the best character in fractals / raids by half a mile. I think you’ll be fine.

Posted by: Tesla Eot.1469

Tesla Eot.1469

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you could just roll another light class soooooo not a big loss

rangers got perma quickness taken away in hours at least you got to enjoy this for a whole year.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Really? It’s not Anet’s job to monitor your spending habits and tell you when something coming up will make your purchase less useful. Additionally, their comments warning people were not specific numbers and the only language they used was in regards to tuning the numbers to balance things better. Acting as if that completely invalidates the entire build is ridiculous knee-jerking at best.

Even if Chrono’s get nerfed through the ground, they are still the only source of Alacrity. As such, they have a permanent home in raids. As it stands, they straight up said that the adjustments will be minor and not the sweeping reductions that would be necessary for the kind of nerf that would have to happen to make Chrono’s and mesmers completely value-less in raids as you assert.

Finally: There are so many ways to get free ascended gear in this game. Spending 1000 gold was your decision. I got my completely ascended Chronotank there by spending less than 100g via fractal dailies, elite spec collections, and Season 3 rewards. Don’t blame Anet for your choice.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Even if Chrono’s get nerfed through the ground, they are still the only source of Alacrity. As such, they have a permanent home in raids. As it stands, they straight up said that the adjustments will be minor and not the sweeping reductions that would be necessary for the kind of nerf that would have to happen to make Chrono’s and mesmers completely value-less in raids as you assert.

I can think of quite a few people who would love for Chrono to get nerfed out of being viable for raids just so they can actually play their main class and not have to always be the chrono. I also found it hilarious that “Feel my Wrath” was so OP having a 1/6 uptime before HoT yet chronos were allowed to have 100% for about a year.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I can think of quite a few people who would love for Chrono to get nerfed out of being viable for raids just so they can actually play their main class and not have to always be the chrono. I also found it hilarious that “Feel my Wrath” was so OP having a 1/6 uptime before HoT yet chronos were allowed to have 100% for about a year.

In fairness, all elite specs are OP, not just chronos.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

People have complained about every balance patch long before raids existed.

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

now you only need to try doing raid in gold stuff. It’s cheap you should be able to buy them by recycling your current stuff.

Or you can raid like a madman until the halloween patch. Take holidays forget about sleep and everything will be fine.

good luck and cheers !

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, first off we don’t know what the extent of the nerf will be; maybe the gear will work, just weaker. Asccended gear can be stat changed for a relatively cheap price anyways.

And of course, spending a lot of gold on something doesn’t really justify game balance. I’ve had to stat swap my old gear to keep up with the times.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

You’re too hard on yourself, Cpchow. And on everyone else. The queen doesn’t expect perfection. Why do you?

Keyfarming had that burned in my head. Well done sir.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Can’t believe they’re addressing this before addressing the sad fact that it even costs more to get a single meta build than most casual players have ever had.

Top tier content for everyone my kitten .

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Did I miss something? I don’t remember nor see any notes (within the update forum) about a patch releasing yesterday…?

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’ve spent thousands of gold on various toons’ worth of ascended gear over the past few years. I ain’t crying. I take it as any other game when it comes to gear changes and/or implementation of specific stats – there is always the possibility that your efforts will be poured down the drain. Tough cookies; the devs do what they want with this game. It is forever changing.

As others have said, buyer beware. If you want to sink real life money and/or in game gold into a certain area of the game know that you’re risking it in the first place.

Don’t just assume details when ANet hasn’t even released the official notes on whether or not something is being nerfed. So many people overreact like the sky is falling. Things get pushed out of the ‘meta’ because the meta is forever shifting. Change is healthy for a game mode and you should try your best to either go with the flow or make your own fun builds for once.

ANet has stated briefly that they a looking at compensating and I quote (regarding Mesmer): increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations. So it’s not entirely a nerf.

Now is the chance to give ANet constructive feedback and hopefully be heard instead of pointing fingers; nonsense.

IMHO I support ANet’s decision to make changes regarding boon sharing capabilities in terms of WvW oriented gameplay. I even have toons clad in WvW only boonshare specific gear and I can’t help but feel guilty being expected to contribute to this disease of a ‘meta’. I’m talking about every guild group and their mum’s brown dog prancing around un-killable with a million boons plastered on their faces which is not even fun to fight against or be a part of.

Malediktus.3740

Can’t believe they’re addressing this before addressing the sad fact that it even costs more to get a single meta build than most casual players have ever had.

It is entirely possible to get full ascended as a casual player. And even if you are too lazy for ascended armor, exotic armor is good enough for raids. Ascended weapons and trinkets give the best boost.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

One of the many reasons raids are unhealthy.

Yes, raids should have been designed that any compliment of toons could have done it if they played it right. I should be able to take my best character in instead of niche meta designed toon. More would raid if the raids weren’t so elite-istic. I’ve raided some and had a few successes, but they aren’t enjoyable enough to invest all my efforts into spending 1000s of gold to get exactly the armor, weapons and trinkets. I’m still disappointed in the design of the raids. They’re just too exclusive.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Yes, raids should have been designed that any compliment of toons could have done it if they played it right. I should be able to take my best character in instead of niche meta designed toon. More would raid if the raids weren’t so elite-istic. I’ve raided some and had a few successes, but they aren’t enjoyable enough to invest all my efforts into spending 1000s of gold to get exactly the armor, weapons and trinkets. I’m still disappointed in the design of the raids. They’re just too exclusive.

And then all the stuff like 1h Matthias kills, 3-manning encounters and I dont know what else (certainly a lot) has been done. Those raids can’t be overly demanding if such stuff is possible.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

THIS is why I don’t play or invest as much time in the game anymore.
THIS is also why they should never have tied as much stats to gear as they have.
There will always be nerfs and the time and effort it takes to fully asc gear out a toon, only to have it be useless because of a patch is a reason why people will just stop playing as much.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

It is entirely possible to get full ascended as a casual player. And even if you are too lazy for ascended armor, exotic armor is good enough for raids. Ascended weapons and trinkets give the best boost.

True, I have always been too lazy to craft daily mats. I got all my berserker ascended gear with 2 years of pvp and mystic forge stat swap.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Remind me again what top tier meta build you need for SW/AB multi…..You know the most super casual way of making gold ever….That you can then turn into ascended gear of any type you want for raiding.

Remind me again what top tier meta build you need to complete fractals again which award you with Ascended gear (randomly) just for playing the dailies.

There’s a difference between lazy and casual. Please learn to separate the two.

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you could just roll another light class soooooo not a big loss

rangers got perma quickness taken away in hours at least you got to enjoy this for a whole year.

Not sure what Ranger build you run but my druid run 33% faster permanently unless in combat.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Anet has really struggled with updates since before HOT.

It is clear that raids are some what broken and you can find ways to glitch the mechanics. Which has been shown with the 3 man VG among other 5 man groups killing bosses left and right.

To top off broken raids, the fact Anet builds around raids has kind of crushed PvP and WvW. I mean some of the spam is insane in zerg fights.

So of course now they are back tracking, they will probably do something mesmers. They will probably kill druids healing a bit and they will probably do something to necros.

All in all who knows, Anet has a constant history of this with in this game. think about this, GW2 was so different from other MMOs with the play style, mechanics and they way you could be anything you wanted and have success in PvE.

You look at the past meta events since the Scarlett lanes, Vine wrath lanes, TD,AB,DS, Triple Trouble. All are lane events. Only silver wastes protection and Verdint Brink have been new and awesome to play. Everything else has been kind of the same old story.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

@ OP
You powned yourself GG

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

GW2 is the most grindy MMO on the market currently. At any moment you can lose 6+ months work due to “balance”. A single set of gear costs 1000’s of gold and respeccing it costs casual players months of play time.

It is much easier to gear up in WoW or SWTOR or similar MMO’s. Unless you have 4000+ hours in GW2 or a lot of money to burn prepare to spend months and months grinding for gear that could be rendered useless at any moment.

Malediktus.3740

GW2 is the most grindy MMO on the market currently. At any moment you can lose 6+ months work due to “balance”. A single set of gear costs 1000’s of gold and respeccing it costs casual players months of play time.

It is much easier to gear up in WoW or SWTOR or similar MMO’s. Unless you have 4000+ hours in GW2 or a lot of money to burn prepare to spend months and months grinding for gear that could be rendered useless at any moment.

you havent played many games if you call GW2 the most grindy on the market

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

The problem is raid design. It should not be a timer-based thing.

Also if it is 1000g+ it is likely ascended items + runes/sigils (sigil of concentration is ridiculous). Perhaps the Mystic Forge was not used in the formation of the Commander stats with “Oiled” or “Jeweled” parts.

All ascended weapons are below 200g until you price in the cost to swap to a particular stat set using the Mystic Forge.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

And then all the stuff like 1h Matthias kills, 3-manning encounters and I dont know what else (certainly a lot) has been done. Those raids can’t be overly demanding if such stuff is possible.

There will always be exceptions to the norm. Some peeps are just that good. But the mechanics of some bosses don’t allow things like 3-manning. Try 3-manning Vale Guardian. Some bosses just are not as challenging as others. Look at regular PVE where the scaling allows 1-manning tough content at times. Overall though, the raids are disappointing. To little diversity, exclusion of classes(ahem – ranger(not druid)), etc.

But back to spending 1000s of gold on builds. The raid dynamic has caused it in many cases. In order to be allowed to participate with the snooty snoot elites you need the exact build or you can just go away. And the “nerfs” after spending lots of gold to get that build would upset anyone.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi