I suspect I know what you did arenanet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: merlessence.1876

merlessence.1876

I was on my element today doing fractals and just for the heck of it I cast meteor storm. Was I ever surprised to see it only hit the target once instead of the 5 to 7 times it normally does. So I keep on using it and notice now that it hits mobs only once or twice now. Whicjh brings me to my question. Did you guys sneak the nerf in during that last patch? Would kind of explain why there are no notes for it considering all the people who were upset about the nerfing aoe situation.

Anyways would you please let us know one way or the other. Thanks

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Why would they change/fix/nerf anything two days before a major patch? Wouldn’t make any sense…

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Well, considering they said that their still trying to figure out how to go about it, and it isn’t a blanket nerf, I’d say no.

Meteor Storm doesn’t deal damage just because you’re in the field, unlike other AoE’s such as Lava Font. The meteor actually has to hit. It’s always been this way, so you’re free to scrumple the tin-foil hat up

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Can’t remember the last time meteor actually hit a target consistently… haha.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Tell me about. I was expecting the meteor shower to behave like other Aoes….until I found out it has to freaking hit the target.. and if the target is fast in moving, you’r screwed

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Bring back gw1 MS, it was “Get Out or Be killed”, is this not why you added the dodge mechanic ?
As for MS rarely hitting intended targets plus this “AoE Tone Down” i feel maybe Anet should re-add the KD back to MS to compensate.

jeez could u imagine the uproar of people complaining about MS being OP if it was exactly like gw1 lol

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Some AoE are like this, for example all engineer grenades attacks are AoE but the actual grenade has to hit the target as well. Just being in the area does not ensure a hit