I swung a sword in Shaemoor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

After a while I began to wonder why I was killing Tamini and saving townsfolk.

There was no challenge. I watched my HP drop at a snails pace but destroyed the ‘dangerous’ centaurs in an instant (1,1 and 1). I wondered; Was this even the same game I played in Beta, the game I paid money for, the mmo I felt so passionately about playing?

Then I notice another, ‘unforgiveable’ change. NO drops.

Is Shaemoor now nothing more than an animated beginers guide. It was part of my characters development, the begining of my adventure. Now it is, well, nothing. There will never be a ‘Pre’ community in this game.

I am not so brainless as to need to play through this Shaemoor more than once, thus I walked my character through the garrison and sat under a tree. I watched, for a few moments, the whole sad intro end.

I will never swing a sword again in Shaemoor, but I will tell others to just run through the garrison and not bother wasting time there.

Should we not have a button to skip this sort of content?

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: EnaiSiaion.8072

EnaiSiaion.8072

Some people don’t even know how to attack or what the buttons do…

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’s a tutorial. What more than this did you expect?

I did hear a player say he was staying in the tutorial, past level 5 even. This was before they removed the drops, so it was worth staying in tutorial and getting many gold worth of crafting mats.

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

Well unfortunately the forums after bwe1 were ablaze with MELEE TOO HARD NERF PLX and this is the end result.

I do agree that I liked bwe1 difficulty much better, where pulling 2 mobs actually meant you could die. Now I see people grabbing 4+ and aoeing them to death.

But of course had they not changed it the forums would be completely flooded with how unpossible melee is to play.

Posted by: Ares.3619

Ares.3619

I completely agree with the OP, what he is missing though is that the skip button should only be available after completing the tutorial once, kinda like BL2.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

I completely agree with the OP, what he is missing though is that the skip button should only be available after completing the tutorial once, kinda like BL2.

That would work. A once through would showcase the effort that went into the environment and give the visceral reaction to the mini boss.

I was amused to see that you don’t need to take part in that fight and still get full reward. Maybe I should join the Order of Whispers with this character.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.