Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

Now Anet, please make our material storage bigger =_=

Attachments:

I think Im kinda ready for ascended weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

And this is why Ascended Weapons are being time-gated.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

jesus how much did u spend…..
oh lol u only have 54s left

also i think time gating had alot to do with why people stockpiled on these mats. And The only difference we get with time gating is that it will take two weeks to get….not a big deal

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The only reason for the time-gating is that Arena.net didn’t want people with a full glut of ascended weapons within 5 hours of the patch release. And want people WITHOUT 1000 gold in their bank or not able to farm mats for 8+ hours a day to be left in the dust.

I mean, it seems obvious to me.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Those materials are the easy part. Now you need 500x champions, 500x dragons, 500x temples.

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

and this is y gw2 ( guild wars 2) became gw2 ( grind wars 2). seriously look at all that kitten u need for ascended items, nothing is skill based and its a bunch of grind grind grind grind grind. this game is becoming f***in garbage bc of all the f***in grind they r adding. WHERE THE F*** R THE CHALLENGES TO GET ASCENDED ITEMS?! there is none everything is kittenin grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind GRIND! this game is becoming f***** up.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Thinly veiled brag post.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

and this is y gw2 ( guild wars 2) became gw2 ( grind wars 2). seriously look at all that kitten u need for ascended items, nothing is skill based and its a bunch of grind grind grind grind grind. this game is becoming f***in garbage bc of all the f***in grind they r adding. WHERE THE F*** R THE CHALLENGES TO GET ASCENDED ITEMS?! there is none everything is kittenin grind grind grind grind grind grind grind grind GRIND! this game is becoming f***** up.

Skill based stuff is coming. They’ve been testing the waters with things like Liadri. As for the grind, yes, sadly, that’s what many players want. If you have any suggestions for A-net,I’m sure they’d love to hear them in the suggestion forum.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

You don’t need anywhere close to that many mats.

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Considering that the stuff in the screenshot would be valued at higher than the going price of a Legendary…

Yeah, one of those “Look at mai richez!” posts.

Though I think you need to get your log stacks filled. So much 250 with a handful of not-250 is sloppy. Clearly you’re not rich enough.

Try again.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I guess not everyone needs a life, or needs to save money.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The only reason for the time-gating is that Arena.net didn’t want people with a full glut of ascended weapons within 5 hours of the patch release. And want people WITHOUT 1000 gold in their bank or not able to farm mats for 8+ hours a day to be left in the dust.

I mean, it seems obvious to me.

That is a reason, it remains to be seen whether or not that is the only reason.

Posted by: Beast Sos.1457

Beast Sos.1457

Skill based stuff is coming. They’ve been testing the waters with things like Liadri. As for the grind, yes, sadly, that’s what many players want. If you have any suggestions for A-net,I’m sure they’d love to hear them in the suggestion forum.

I hope ur right about that. Ive suggested many things but anet doesnt listen. the best way to have dealt with ascended armour was to give them the same stats as exotics but just give them a few infusion slots. this will not force ppl to get ascended items if they do not want to do fractals and will allow those who want to max/farm fractals to do so. gw2 was a mmo where u can get to max lvl gear urself out in exotic and take a 4 months break if u wanted, then come back and not be behind anyone. ascended items ruined that, and by the looks of it kitten is going to be expensive which = more grind grind grind grind and GRIND!

hellokittyonline.7532

jesus how much did u spend…..
oh lol u only have 54s left

also i think time gating had alot to do with why people stockpiled on these mats. And The only difference we get with time gating is that it will take two weeks to get….not a big deal

As you wish!

What’s the point of showing gold? Gold is such a bad thing to have, I always put my gold into something. I do hate inflation.

Put your money into goods, help with the inflationness. For example, every stack of lodestones, or Minis, not trying to inflate any market, but a stable example.

I guess not everyone needs a life, or needs to save money.

I spend most of my spare time playing dota. I have full time + part time job, it’s called
I <3 tradepost.

8, level 80s, they want gear?

Attachments:

(edited by hellokittyonline.7532)

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

mmm 1000g + a bazillion mats teach me ur secrets!!!!!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Straight from Hello Kitty Online and beastin like that? kitten

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Someone has been playing with photoshop ¬¬ . Again.

Try other time, maybe..

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

I kinda hope the market develops differently than you’re anticipating…

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Those materials are the easy part. Now you need 500x champions, 500x dragons, 500x temples.

Yeah, and I’m sure quite a few people have saved 500 or close to (as the op has quite a few) champ chests from the current invasions to open after patch.

I wouldn’t be surprised its one drop per activity, as much as I’d like it to be a little more nice.

But yeah, the regular materials seem to be the really easy part. Grinding all the stuff for the vision crystal seems to be the big issue.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

As a man who is 5/5 in Gifts of Mastery and 0/5 in Gifts of Fortune, your screenshot is quite deflating. I feel like a hungry man looking at a grand feast through the dinning room window of a rich man’s house.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What he said. Even with 8 level 80’s, you still don’t need anywhere near that amount of Ectos or other mats to make a couple of Ascended weapons for each. :P

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Congratulations on “owning” a full “bank” of virtual “items”, I guess?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Thinly veiled brag post.

this
won’t post my bank tab- just have sentimental kitten and some skins 0-0

Gunnar’s Hold

Razor.9872

I hope ur right about that. Ive suggested many things but anet doesnt listen. the best way to have dealt with ascended armour was to give them the same stats as exotics but just give them a few infusion slots. this will not force ppl to get ascended items if they do not want to do fractals and will allow those who want to max/farm fractals to do so. gw2 was a mmo where u can get to max lvl gear urself out in exotic and take a 4 months break if u wanted, then come back and not be behind anyone. ascended items ruined that, and by the looks of it kitten is going to be expensive which = more grind grind grind grind and GRIND!

Well, sort of. Keep in mind that ascended will be the last teir A-net implements forever (at least for years). In addition, you’re not being forced to get this stuff, unless you want to do high lvled fractals or WvW. Because of this, you can go at your own pace — there is no need to grind. That’s what I’ve been doing since launch, and I’m only a precursor and a few T6 mats away from Frostfang. I’ve only really grinded once or twice, and that was because I felt like doing so. Personally, I’m going to take my time getting ascended weapons, and only work on them as I have the resources to do so.

NSPride <3

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Oh boy, you need to go out more. I find that more alarming than impressive.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Well, sort of. Keep in mind that ascended will be the last teir A-net implements forever (at least for years). In addition, you’re not being forced to get this stuff, unless you want to do high lvled fractals or WvW. Because of this, you can go at your own pace — there is no need to grind. That’s what I’ve been doing since launch, and I’m only a precursor and a few T6 mats away from Frostfang. I’ve only really grinded once or twice, and that was because I felt like doing so. Personally, I’m going to take my time getting ascended weapons, and only work on them as I have the resources to do so.

Really? You work for ANet or sumeing?

They said you wont get new tier….THIS YEAR. Next..probably, eithr that or level cap raise to obsolete all your gear.

Of course, there will also be new infusions, infusions are at blue tier so quite a bit of room for grind there and sigils/runes, and then some more infusions.

Enjoy, because from now on most of your time will be spent by chasing ever bigger and bigger stats.

aka gear tradmill.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Tondrin.7806

Tondrin.7806

As a man who is 5/5 in Gifts of Mastery and 0/5 in Gifts of Fortune, your screenshot is quite deflating. I feel like a hungry man looking at a grand feast through the dinning room window of a rich man’s house.

And here I am trying to farm the karma and gamble with obsidian stones for my sunrise

right after I get 500 AC tokens

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

meh 3 facts:

Ascended Weapons are not worth it (40dmg more on 2h and +8stats? well…. no)
Photoshop
if not Photoshop , bot

Reaper – Anguîsh

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You need a job.

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I agree with Xillllix. I think HelloKitty has too much time on her hands. And she also likes to brag about being super prepared.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

You took a huge risk investing everything in t6 mats. I really hope for you that prices won’t plummet. We haven’t seen the full patch notes yet. Anet may still have some surprises lined up, you really never know.

Nonetheless, it’s an impressive collection of materials, I’ll give you that.
(edit: and I hope for you that they won’t nerf the champion bag loot tables! Moreover, we don’t know if the new ascended mats drop from champion bags, or from the Champions themselves. We’ll find out tomorrow )

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

Not a good call to refine those L400 crafting mats already. You could have done that to partially level up to 500 instead.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Vol has more money than you, you puny peasant.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I am sensing alot of jealousy here lol including myself

hellokittyonline.7532

Everyone! why so much hate lol? I do not own a legendary, think about that. I’ve been playing since head start.

It’s like 1 year of accumulated wealth, and a lot of smart investing. I am 100% sure there are at least 1000 individuals who has more wealth than me (didn’t even show my lodestones and mini collections yet XD).

Precursors flipper, karma to gold flippers, other exploiters that didn’t get caught.

You need a job.

Have two jobs, that is why I missed all the major exploits, a blessing in disguise.

Conclusion: Circulate your money. Ex. When ectos dropped to all time low, who brought them? If you didn’t, why NOT? It is the best example to demonstrate how to get rich fast. If you invested in them, you would nearly end up with double the amount you starts with.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

You can make about 2 Legenaries from those, you already have Gift of Fortune, you can easily buy other mats too if you sell that EXPENSIVE junk

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Ok, this is a serious question.

Is your body ready?

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Yeup, paying attention to the TP will net you results very similar to this.

hellokittyonline.7532

Right, the only difference is that I never risk of overbuying, so if kitten goes south, I don’t lose a lot of gold.

Slow and steady wins the race.

You can make about 2 Legenaries from those, you already have Gift of Fortune, you can easily buy other mats too if you sell that EXPENSIVE junk

Right, but it need world completion, as I mentioned before, no time to finish it. Currently sitting at 35%.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Right, the only difference is that I never risk of overbuying, so if kitten goes south, I don’t lose a lot of gold.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Right, but it need world completion, as I mentioned before, no time to finish it. Currently sitting at 35%.

Just give me all mats that can be enough for 2 Legendaries, gonna make you one you want cuz i do have gift of mastery and make another myself after a while XD

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Trader… hate them…
But hey, if you think its fun to exploit 12-year-olds in a videogame, well, more power to you…

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Bro you have enough mats to get 500 like 20 times or more

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Wow…..TEACH ME MASTER

hellokittyonline.7532

Wow…..TEACH ME MASTER

Takes time! And never carry cash!

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

I wonder what most of these “OMG!?” types would do if they saw a screenshot of 10,000g? Other than call it “photo shopped” ofc lol.

It’s called playing the TP and the more you have the more you make, you can log in once a week and make tons of cash, OP isn’t necessarily a no-lifer I can see his post as a veiled joke to exaggerate the requirements that people are freaking out about for some reason.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

For those saying that he is a bot or he is using Photoshop. Those that know how the economy works can do this. I could likely do it too if I wanted too it would just take me a lot longer and I would risk loosing a lot more coin as I am a beginner in the Trading post ways.

I am also just not patient enough too. Don’t want to do the research required (even with gw2spidy there is research required) Nor is it how I want to play the game. It might be later for I do enjoy some stocks at some time.

Definitely not starting now though. Economy is way too unstable. Great for the day traders and the high rollers. That I am definitely not.

As before you get on the hole hate the Trading post players. He likely lost a lot of coin recently. Thus him stating I do hate inflation. Every risk has it’s reward. Playing the tradingpost can be a high risk.

Congrats on getting ready for ascended items. Just go easy on us with the New Tier 7 mats please. Luckily it is timegated so it does not go way down the drain like most other crafted items under level 80 are.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

hellokittyonline.7532

I wonder what most of these “OMG!?” types would do if they saw a screenshot of 10,000g? Other than call it “photo shopped” ofc lol.

It’s called playing the TP and the more you have the more you make, you can log in once a week and make tons of cash, OP isn’t necessarily a no-lifer I can see his post as a veiled joke to exaggerate the requirements that people are freaking out about for some reason.

exactly, i’m pretty sure there are people out there with 10k gold or 100k gold. I mean if you were smart in the beginning. Like the methods below that didn’t get people banned.

A. Precursor flippers in the beginning
B. Rune salvage flippers ( exotic with rune salvage and sell rune for more than you pay for)
C. Precursor mystic forgers, (before they nerfed it)
D. Karma to Gold ( in the very beginning you can craft food with karma and sell for gold)
E. Giant Eyes.
F. Buy Skulls craft rares ( ppl make 1000s of rares and mystic toilet it), before the other people figure it out, and that guy posted it on reddit because the skull prices were too high
G. Rare salvage macros in the beginning, where u can make rares and salvage for ectos and sell for 30-40s

Probably more methods that I’ve forgotten over the year.

For those saying that he is a bot or he is using Photoshop. Those that know how the economy works can do this. I could likely do it too if I wanted too it would just take me a lot longer and I would risk loosing a lot more coin as I am a beginner in the Trading post ways.

I am also just not patient enough too. Don’t want to do the research required (even with gw2spidy there is research required) Nor is it how I want to play the game. It might be later for I do enjoy some stocks at some time.

Definitely not starting now though. Economy is way too unstable. Great for the day traders and the high rollers. That I am definitely not.

As before you get on the hole hate the Trading post players. He likely lost a lot of coin recently. Thus him stating I do hate inflation. Every risk has it’s reward. Playing the tradingpost can be a high risk.

Right, ofc risks, I have spend over 100g on backpacks when they first came out. That did not work well, I spend like 20g each on the pink quaggan.I underestimate the amount of real money people are willing to spend to open the black lion chests. The economy in gw2 is very easy to predict, you don’t need to read up, just need patience.

Jut the simple supply and demand rule will make you richer than your peers. When an item has limited supply or hard to get or always in demand, buy into those, you will never face much of a risk. Ofc unless you predict it wrong such as backpacks like i did.

Speaking of inflation, that is for Anet to blame, they introduce all these events to make more high end materials available and of course who can forget those deadeye farmers :P. Too bad I was at work

To whoever read my entire post :P, how could I not leave a tip. For those who are patient like me, craft your daily mats, and put it on tradepost, it’s gonna be high first week. Then you can rebuy at fraction of the price next week(maybe not fraction but cheaper). I tell all my friends that, but they never listen, because i’ve been wrong before.

(edited by hellokittyonline.7532)

Razor.9872

They said you wont get new tier….THIS YEAR. Next..probably, eithr that or level cap raise to obsolete all your gear.

Of course, there will also be new infusions, infusions are at blue tier so quite a bit of room for grind there and sigils/runes, and then some more infusions.

Enjoy, because from now on most of your time will be spent by chasing ever bigger and bigger stats.

aka gear tradmill.

No, I don’t work for A-net; I’m simply understanding. A-net said they wouldn’t be implementing a new tier because they didn’t think they had to. However, as was stated by them, they felt the need to because the gap between exotics and legendaries was too crazy big — so they decided to fill that gap. I do believe they also said they had the intent to have ascended in the game from the start originally, but for whatever reason decided against it — until they ran into this problem. Now that the gap has been filled, there is no reason to add more.

On another topic, you say you are worried about infusions growing more diverse & expensive. While I never thought of this before, I doubt it will happen.

I don’t know if you read what I said, but I said I don’t really “chase” after anything — especially stats. That’s the reason I got GW2. I know you’re worried, but there’s no reason to be paranoid. A-net doesn’t want to turn this game into a gear treadmill any more than you do. The grind for these items was mostly implemented to fill the progression gap, not to start a treadmill.

So stop worrying you silly goose.

NSPride <3

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

aka gear tradmill.

No, I don’t work for A-net; I’m simply understanding. A-net said they wouldn’t be implementing a new tier because they didn’t think they had to. However, as was stated by them, they felt the need to because the gap between exotics and legendaries was too crazy big — so they decided to fill that gap. I do believe they also said they had the intent to have ascended in the game from the start originally, but for whatever reason decided against it — until they ran into this problem. Now that the gap has been filled, there is no reason to add more.

On another topic, you say you are worried about infusions growing more diverse & expensive. While I never thought of this before, I doubt it will happen.

I don’t know if you read what I said, but I said I don’t really “chase” after anything — especially stats. That’s the reason I got GW2. I know you’re worried, but there’s no reason to be paranoid. A-net doesn’t want to turn this game into a gear treadmill any more than you do. The grind for these items was mostly implemented to fill the progression gap, not to start a treadmill.

Theres already gear treadmill. I dont know what have you been doing lately.

They even said there will be gear treadmill, you are getting new gear to grind every few months and that wont stop.

Ascended WIDENED the gap between exotic and legendary since it uses same resources.

And new tier can appear as easy as ascended did, but they will make you grind so much with ascended (and infusions) that indeed level cap raise will most likely come first. But theres always possibility of new tier especially if they are late with expansion – bam – new tier that makes you grind launch content ad nasueum just like ascended does.

No worries at all, kinda GW2 is 99,9% of my radar since if i want what they decided to offer there are plenty of games that do it much much better.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

aka gear tradmill.

Theres already gear treadmill. I dont know what have you been doing lately.

They even said there will be gear treadmill, you are getting new gear to grind every few months and that wont stop.

Ascended WIDENED the gap between exotic and legendary since it uses same resources.

And new tier can appear as easy as ascended did, but they will make you grind so much with ascended (and infusions) that indeed level cap raise will most likely come first. But theres always possibility of new tier especially if they are late with expansion – bam – new tier that makes you grind launch content ad nasueum just like ascended does.

No worries at all, kinda GW2 is 99,9% of my radar since if i want what they decided to offer there are plenty of games that do it much much better.

There aren’t any games that do it much much better. There are games you BELIEVE do it much much better. You state it as a fact, but it’s only your opinion.

And since I haven’t agreed with a single opinion of yours (not one), I don’t believe any of the games you think do it better actually do it better.